Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

theoccult.bz?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (tehhatefulraspberry) Hey guys, I've been stumbling upon a mentioned website a lot while digging and searching for interesting pieces of witchy lore in the internet. So finally I decided to take a look aaand... to register one needs an invite from an already registered person. Is there anyone here who has an account or knows the site and can say anything about it? If there already is a topic about this website, I'm very sorry. Cheers!

message 2: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Hi Anna. I've never come across that site before - so sorry, I can't help. Hopefully there's someone here who can though.

message 3: by Aaron, Moderator (new)

Aaron Carson | 1216 comments It's probably Mcdonald's or Amazon, or google.

message 4: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Aaron wrote: "It's probably Mcdonald's or Amazon, or google."

:D:D Love it.

message 5: by Anna (last edited Dec 05, 2013 07:07PM) (new)

Anna (tehhatefulraspberry) How can you be that mean, guys, I'll never invite you to the super secret underground Big Mac feast you absolutely need and crave the invitation for D-:

Side note - I have no idea what's about that site, but wherever in the internet I asked for information (and I don't mean asking "yo man, invite to da occult.bz, eh?"), I'd get a soft suggestion to go away and make love to myself somewhere, since the site is so very sophisticated and elite. I swear, it's like it gathered exclusively jerks with extreme ego issues. I mean, GRAND MAGICIANS OF THE GOLDEN DAWN, my bad. Looks like we're never gonna know! ;(

message 6: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Sounds more trouble than it's worth...
Pretty much everything is easily found online or via groups like this. Ebooks or real actual paper ones are good too.
What are you looking for? Info? Tales? Lore? Ritual hints?
Ask here...most don't bite.
Had a quick look at the site...well, as much as I could...seems like a Black Metal fan site...in appearance anyway.
A quick look with Duckduckgo and a scan through the entries seem to imply it is a torrent tracker for occult files?
Aha!
Having checked other torrent sites some folk that have been banned from theoccult.bz seem to have gone rogue and uploaded stuff there instead...41g or so on TPB alone.
So basically it seems to be like TPB for elitist occultists to share obscure books and videos.
Smacks of TOPY to me...might be wrong though.

message 7: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Quote from one disgruntled ex-member:

"You staff of *.bz torrent trackers disabled all my accounts on all your trackers. HA! Guess what.. It came to no surprise for me!! All your torrent base are belong to me! And I will spread it to the masses.. How you feel about that? How you feel about exploiting your user base for money and then disabling accounts for no fucking reason at all?

Why even close signups for the public, when almost all your torrents will be available on TPB?

You do seriously believe your banning will stop me from sharing all my occult collection? You must be on crack or something.. "

message 8: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Now...back to my cyber cave...absinthe won't drink itself you know...

message 9: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Well...it appears to have torrenting stylee activity.
Now, whether there is piracy I couldn't possibly comment.
Avast there Jim lad!

message 10: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Jaq wrote: "I'm disappointed... couldn't find evidence of them pirating my books. harumph! ;)"

Did you get on the site then? Anything worth a look?

message 11: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments There are a great many complaints about them too. They seem to disable peoples accounts very readily. Also many people seem to be in agreement with you Anna, the site is too exclusive by far. Not sure I'd bother.

Old-Barbarossa wrote: "Now...back to my cyber cave...absinthe won't drink itself you know..."

Is it still made the same way as of old OB? I've always wanted to try it. I've heard it increases creativity...

message 12: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Little wrote: "Is it still made the same way as of old OB? I've always wanted to try it. I've heard it increases creativity..."

Well, the stuff I have is shite to be honest.
I was browsing whisky on Masters Of Malt when I noticed this: http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/...
Then a click later took me to the Absinthe version (http://www.masterofmalt.com/absinthe/...).
Now, having looked at the occult.bz stuff and getting the impression it smacked of wannabe decadent elitists (and I may be wrong...but it smells that way) I thought that maybe absinthe would be their drink of choice in a mock Fin de Siècle way.
Anyway...I remembered I had a bottle behind the drams so dusted it down and had a glass.
Bowfin to use a Scott's colloquialism.
This is the abomination: http://www.wormwoodsociety.org/index....
This evening It shall be back to the medicinal uisge beatha.

message 13: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Old-Barbarossa wrote: "Little wrote: "Is it still made the same way as of old OB? I've always wanted to try it. I've heard it increases creativity..."

Well, the stuff I have is shite to be honest.
I was browsing whisky ..."

A whiskey and an absinthe calendar. Love it. Had to pause to translate Scott's speak. 'The Hills Are Not Alive With the Sound of Absinthe' indeed. 'The taste is that of a cheap vodka.' Think I'll stick to my romantic notions of absinthe, rather than spoiling it with the real thing...

message 14: by Old-Barbarossa (last edited Dec 08, 2013 11:27AM) (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments OK...enough spirit (C2H5OH) related rambling from the resident buffoon and back to the original topic...
Look here: http://www.filesharenews.com/2011/09/...
Attention is drawn to the last 2 comments.
This is just a reminder really that just because it's a website or it's on "tinternet" (as St Peter of Kay would put it) doesn't mean it is a reputable or well controlled site...fevered egos are everywhere.

message 15: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Little wrote: "Had to pause to translate Scott's speak...."

Bowfin: pronounced bouw-fin, onomatopoeic, from bouwf - the vomit like noise...with that ing bit at the end...
;)

message 16: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Scott's should read Scots...damned auto correct...

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna (tehhatefulraspberry) Well, doing some more reaserch on my own leaves me to do nothing but agree with OB. Digging turned out to reveal occult.bz as a little circle of mutual adoration, getting excited over books on black magic and necromancy - and mostly crappy and worthless ones from what I got to know. Bah, to me they can play "ME LORD VOLDEMORT! ME BADASS!" as much as they want, but it got me wondering if such books don't suggest hurting animals in order to obtain tools. A really obnoxious thought :/

Absinthe, you say? Never got a chance to try it myself either. But curious I am, even though "scientific research" is said to prove that the amount of certain herbs in nowadays absinthe is too small to grant any, err, trip :) But damn them, if it wasn't for a handfull of meds daily, I'd most probably try to cure all my conditions with nothing but green fairy.

message 18: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments "illuminites (the highest ranking other than admin)." They have titles for themselves? That ups the wank factor into unacceptable levels. Are these titles gained through great research and hitherto unknown deep insights into the world? Or for scanning and uploading books?

Old-Barbarossa wrote: "Little wrote: "Had to pause to translate Scott's speak...."

Bowfin: pronounced bouw-fin, onomatopoeic, from bouwf - the vomit like noise...with that ing bit at the end...
;)"

Ahh, as in to barf, or hurl, as it is sometimes called here. An involuntary action triggered by downing too many amber fluids. :)

message 19: by Little (last edited Dec 08, 2013 01:06PM) (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Anna wrote: "Well, doing some more reaserch on my own leaves me to do nothing but agree with OB. Digging turned out to reveal occult.bz as a little circle of mutual adoration, getting excited over books on blac..."

So Absinthe isn't really absinthe anymore. That figures. :(

message 21: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments "the queen of poisons." Well that's gone and dampened my ardor. A bit too Zolaish for my liking. Think I'll stick to home brew...

message 22: by Steve (new)

Steve Cronin (stevecronin) You can try http://www.theoccult.us as an alternative.

message 23: by W (new)

W (ghoulspit) | 1 comments any other members of theoccult.bz having trouble getting to the site? im always timing out before the page loads :(