Clean Reads discussion

Is It Clean? > Christmas Gifts

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 16 comments I'm looking for a good audio book that I can get my dad for Christmas. We're into Brandon Sanderson right now, and other fiction and such. He just has no idea what he wants, and I have a budget... Brandon Sanderson audiobooks are upwards $50... So if anyone has recommendations for anything he would like, that's clean and exciting, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Cooley | 5 comments Have you ever tried Audible.com? You can get audiobooks MUCH cheaper that way, and then just burn them onto CDs yourself, if that's how your father prefers them. My parents have been using Audible for a long time (my dad has long commutes), and they love it. Also, Brandon Sanderson's podcast "Writing Excuses" is sponsored by Audible, and if you go to audiblepodcast.com/excuse you can get a free trial membership (basically one free book) and help support the podcast (and hence, the author--since you said you like his work).

message 3: by Edward (new)

Edward L. (edwardlcote) | 17 comments Audible is great. I want to get an audio book of Violet Skies up for sale, but I doubt I'll be able to do it before Christmas.

CompassBookRatings | 26 comments There are some audiobooks suggestions at Compass Book Ratings. http://www.compassbookratings.com/gre...

message 5: by Jim (last edited Dec 10, 2013 07:04AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic I realize that this idea/request does not address the original intent of this topic, "Christmas Gifts"; however, I'm going to offer it up anyway - no replies or comments necessary.

In the spirit of the holiday, perhaps authors would consider donating whatever amount was earned in their previous quarter's royalty check to their favorite charity.
A Christmas gift which will be truly appreciated by the recipient.

message 6: by Beth A. (new)

Beth A. (bethalm) | 67 comments Emma, I highly recommend Blackout and All Clear by Connie Willis. I listened to the audiobooks recently and really enjoyed them. But you do need to get both if you get one because they essentially tell one story with a huge cliffhanger at the end of Black Out. They do have a little swearing with two F words.

message 7: by Beth A. (new)

Beth A. (bethalm) | 67 comments Emma, check out your local library to see if you can borrow audiobooks through them. I listen to a lot of audiobooks, I download them from library2go with my library account.