What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books about forbidden love.

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments I am looking for any books that have forbidden romance, like family wouldn't let them be together or something like that, but they sneak around together.
Thank you, all suggestions are appreciated.

☆Joycedale☆ | 225 comments I actually just read one 2day. I don't know if its something you would want because its about religion but I really enjoyed it Destiny

message 3: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments Thank you I'll give it a try.

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments The Thornbirds.

message 7: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments They all sound very good and I'll give them a try.
Thank you.

message 8: by Wren (new)

message 9: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments Thank you I am starting 'the new girl' and its really good. I just finished 'forbidden' and it made me cry so much.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (newbeginings) I highly recommend the book Forbidden by Jo Beverly

message 11: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments It sounds good a I'll give it a try. Thanks

message 12: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Marie | 103 comments Hush Hush and Evermore are interesting books about forbidden love :)

message 13: by Tytti (new)

Tytti | 190 comments The Outsider

I haven't read it but the movie was good.

message 14: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 4 comments After innocence was an excellent read...

message 15: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments Thank you guys they all sound really good, i'll give them a try.

message 16: by Martine (new)

Martine | 5 comments "The Queen's Curse" by Natasja Hellenthal is the ultimate forbidden love story between the Queen and her bodyguard but with an unusual twist!!!

Susan (the other Susan) (theothersusan) | 61 comments Lolita. Classic, often-banned book with adult theme. NOT a romance!

message 18: by orihsba0_0 (last edited Jan 17, 2014 03:16AM) (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments Susan wrote: "Lolita. Classic, often-banned book with adult theme. NOT a romance!"

I was looking for one with romance but its okay, and I've heard of lolita so I'll check it out. Thanks

message 19: by orihsba0_0 (new)

orihsba0_0 (aaeesha) | 14 comments Martine wrote: ""The Queen's Curse" by Natasja Hellenthal is the ultimate forbidden love story between the Queen and her bodyguard but with an unusual twist!!!"

That said really interesting I 'll definitly read it. Thank you.

message 20: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments why is this in "solved"?

message 21: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 22: by lebedeva (new)

lebedeva  (lebedeva) | 66 comments this is my favourite theme :D

teacher/student

Even When You Lie to Me
Good

fantasy

Falling Kingdoms lots of this in different ways

The Iron King series

The Queen of All that Dies

adult pnr

Blade of Moonlight

boss/employee

Beautiful Bastard

The Wright Boss

message 23: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1340 comments The trilogy Bound, Torn & Sworn has some. By Kate Sparkes maybe?

message 24: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 225 comments Instead of You by Anie Michaels
And this series
The Did I Mention I Love You? Trilogy Box Set of the Phenomenal DIMILY Series (The DIMILY Trilogy Books 1-3) by Estelle Maskame

message 25: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather McC (heather-mcc) | 70 comments ``Laurie wrote: "The Thornbirds."
This is one of my favorite fiction books, detailing the forbidden love between Father Ralph de Bricassart and young Meggie Cleary (the niece of wealthy Mary Carson). Their relationship is a slow burn that begins when Meggie is a very young girl and develops into romance as Meggie ages into a beautiful young woman. Though they are worlds apart and their relationship is kept secret, they are always in each other's thoughts.

The Thorn Birds

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

message 29: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 180 comments The Dark Mirror by Juliet Maririllier. This is a fantasy novel, but it has a strong forbidden love theme running through it.

message 30: by Keith (new)

Keith | 221 comments The Far Pavilions (Historical novel with inter-racial/cross-class romance between a British army officer and an Indian princess)

The Risen Empire (Sci-fi with romance between a senator and naval officer from opposed political factions, and two women theoretically on opposite sides of a war)

message 31: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments Air Awakens by Elise Kova
Red Winter by Annette Marie

message 32: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments Air Awakens
Red Winter
for the links.

message 33: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgsbooks) Half Bad by Sally Green

message 34: by Zara (new)

Zara (zara124) | 76 comments Check out Josephine Angelini books. I can't remember the name of the book but its definitely what you're looking for