Young Adult Book Blogger Club discussion

Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Ruby Red
December 2013 > Thoughts as you read (No spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bec (booktineus) (booktineus) | 129 comments Mod
What are some general, non-spoilery impressions about Ruby Red as you read?

Sophie | 25 comments hmm, does anyone else think some things have been lost in translation? I'm tempted to buy the german version and read that aswell to see if there is

I haven't started reading it yet so *shrug* I also did not know it was originally german (I just know the movie is in german or french or whatever it is. My memory is terrible)

Laura AP | 28 comments im gonna read the english version, my german's still wayyy too crappy to try it ): ill start reading it next week, hopefully!

Sophie | 25 comments oh cool. I didn't realise there was a movie

Kate (ficthoughts) | 14 comments Sophie wrote: "oh cool. I didn't realise there was a movie"

I didn't realize that either. Won't be reading it in German.... the German I learned in year 9 is limited to asking people if their computers are kaput...

Sophie | 25 comments I managed to stick it out and get an a-level in it. But I've looked and I can't get the film over here :-(. But at least I'm enjoying the book so far :-)

*whispers*Pretty sure the film is on youtube (with subtitles)

Oh my gosh, idea: At the end of the month we could all watch the movie together (through a screenshare/live stream sort of deal).

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssaisreading) *drops in, unannounced*
There's a movie???
Came late to this party due to finals, did anyone start the book yet?

YOU CHANGED YOUR PROFILE PIC JDHKSLDHKJS (completely didn't recognise you...)

It's called Rubinrot (one word or two I cannot remember)

I just started this today. It's surprisingly addicting

I am roughly halfway. Want more time travel. Everything else is pretty good so far. I can't stop reading.

Sophie | 25 comments Don't think my internet connections fast enough for that. The joys of living in the middle of nowhere.
I've just ordered the other two books because I really want to see what happens, this book poses a lot of unanswered questions

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssaisreading) Yeah, I changed it. I was inspired by you changing yours.

Ah, found it. Someone dubbed it too :) I might check it out after I finish the book.

Sophie wrote: "Don't think my internet connections fast enough for that. The joys of living in the middle of nowhere.
I've just ordered the other two books because I really want to see what happens, this book pos..."

Fair enough :/

I have a feeling that might happen to me, even though I am trying not to buy any books right now...

Alise wrote: "Yeah, I changed it. I was inspired by you changing yours.

Ah, found it. Someone dubbed it too :) I might check it out after I finish the book."

Fandub or official? Either way I feel weird about watching IRL movies dubbed. I'd prefer subbed.

Sophie | 25 comments I've checked out the internet connection it should be ok to do it :-)

Whoo! I'll have a play around with a few different things and see if I can find something that'll work...

Sophie | 25 comments sounds good :-)

message 20: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate (ficthoughts) | 14 comments Bec wrote:"Fandub or official? Either way I feel weird about watching IRL movies dubbed. I'd prefer subbed. "

I'm usually the same way. The words never quite match up to the mouths and I get a bit of a headache... cause I'm odd like that.

I am enjoying this book so far. Only up to page 50 but will be reading more tonight.

So far I've found the dub on youtube but cannot locate full movie subbed... Dubbed might be best for this because then we don't have to worry about trying to find a way to have it big enough to read subtitles.

It's a pretty enjoyable book :)

Laura AP | 28 comments Ahhh, watching the movie would be nice! although I'd definitely prefer subbed, so I can train my german more.
i just started the e-book, but I'm only up to chapter two. my college still has two weeks to go, so finals are killing me still!

We can always find the subbed ourselves to watch I suppose (I definitely will)

Good luck with exams! Once they're over you'll fly through Ruby Red

message 24: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate (ficthoughts) | 14 comments Best of luck with exams! I finished mine a few weeks ago. Finding myself with all this time on my hands... all the better to read.

Half way though now. I'm not sure I like the idea of genetic mutations allowing time travel. I admit I also had a conceptual problem with it when I read The Time Traveler's Wife too

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I'm finding Gwen to be a titch on the annoying side. Like I want to slap her when she says/does certain things. Am I alone in that?

Sophie | 25 comments No at the start of the book gwen really annoyed me too. I was just beginning to like her when the book ended