YA Fantasy book club discussion

What are you reading > Let people know what you're currently reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lexi (last edited Nov 28, 2013 01:58PM) (new)

Lexi (lexirose93) | 25 comments Mod
let us know what you are reading here :)

message 2: by Lexi (new)

I am currently reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare and loving every single word!!! Brilliant plot, well written, intriguing characters and of course, it's steampunk!!! Which just makes it all the more awe inspiring!

message 3: by Lexi (new)

I have 2 chapters left! Its getting so exciting, I've actually gasped a few time in the last few chapters I have read!

message 4: by Caru (new)

Caru Gazrielle wrote: "I am currently reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare and loving every single word!!! Brilliant plot, well written, intriguing characters and of course, it's stea..."

I LOVE THAT BOOK!!

message 5: by Caru (last edited Dec 02, 2013 01:48PM) (new)

Caru The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #1) by Julie Kagawa IT'S AMAZING SO FAR!!
The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3) by Rick Riordan it's not good so far

message 6: by Lexi (new)

I've been meaning to read the Kane Chronicles! and I've never heard of the other one, will have to check that out :D

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 5 comments I just finished The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken (It's so good, go read it. I cried so much)

And now I started Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee !! :D

message 8: by Caru (new)

Caru Gazrielle wrote: "I've been meaning to read the Kane Chronicles! and I've never heard of the other one, will have to check that out :D"

The first two are really good but the one I'm reading right now is not good so far

message 9: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) I am reading Champion
Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu

message 10: by Caru (new)

message 11: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) That book is amazing!!!!!! I just finished the second one!!!!

message 12: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry and Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

message 13: by Lexi (last edited Dec 04, 2013 11:44AM) (new)

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare I finished this yesterday and now Im onto Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare I'm also reading Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini and A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin

message 14: by Caru (new)

message 15: by Allison (new)

message 16: by Kyra (new)

Kyra I'm reading Delirium too.

message 17: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 4 comments Kyra wrote: "I'm reading Delirium too."

I'm only on chapter 9 but I like it. This one is going so much slower for me. I think it's because I've had too much work to catch up on. Hopefully I'll have it finished this weekend.

message 18: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) I'm currently reading two books.
Mistborn The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin

message 20: by Faareha (new)

Faareha | 1 comments I AM CURRENTLY READING 'GREAT EXPECTATIONS' BY CHARLES DICKENS FOR MY GRADE 10 ENGLISH CLASS.

message 21: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 5 comments NEVER FADEEE<33

message 22: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (Ivy_On_Hiatus) | 3 comments I just started reading The Da Vinci code.

message 23: by Lani (new)

Lani | 1 comments The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare.

message 24: by Caru (new)

message 25: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Anaya wrote: "The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare."

Do you like it? I bought the book but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) I'm between books right now, but here's a tip: do NOT read 5 dystopian novels in a row. I did that earlier this year and got a serious book-hangover.

message 27: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 8 comments I'm just finished Champion by Marie Lu and Allegiant by Veronica Roth

message 28: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 4 comments I finished Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver in a few days and now I'm reading Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver .

message 29: by Alyssa (last edited Dec 17, 2013 04:34PM) (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) I just finished The Elect and already started reading the sequel!
The Vanguard (Allison's Story #2) by Elle Todd

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) I just finished Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes (such a good book)

And I am currently reading The Great Convergence by Joseph R. Lallo & Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 8 comments Just finished Champion now reading Monsters

message 32: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 5 comments Evolution of Mara Dyer!!!

message 33: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry and The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4) by Pittacus Lore

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 8 comments Endless By Jessica Shirvington

message 35: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Brush of Shade (The Whisperer's Chronicles, #1)

message 36: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 4 comments I just finished The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) by Cassandra Clare

It was okay. Not one of my favorites. Now I'm onto The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9) by Cassandra Clare

So far it's one of my favorite installments of The Bane Chronicles.

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Allison wrote: "I just finished The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) by Cassandra Clare

It was okay. Not one of my favorites. Now I'm onto The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9) by Cassandra Clare

So far it's one of my fav..."

I'm waiting for them to all be released in one book. :)

message 39: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitney_mumford) | 5 comments I am reading I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. So far so good :)

message 40: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 8 comments I'm reading Runaway by Meg Cabot :)

message 41: by Kyra (new)

message 42: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitney_mumford) | 5 comments Just finished Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Still reading The Girls From Alcyone

I keep getting distracted when I start reading it. From what I have read, it's pretty interesting.

message 44: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitney_mumford) | 5 comments That's how I felt too. I wanted just a bit more substance from it.

message 45: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Just started Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu

Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction) (afrolicthroughfiction) I finished 'Legend' today, the first book in the legend trilogy, and tomorrow I will be starting the second one called 'prodigy' - all by Marie Lu

message 47: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 8 comments O my gosh I love those books :) (Legend) I just finished Confessions of the Private School Murders

message 48: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitney_mumford) | 5 comments I just finished reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. It was really good. I highly recommend it. Also read Divergent, and Beastly. Great books!!

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Throne of Glass , by Sarah J. Maas (omg-amazing)
Anathema by K.A. Tucker (meh, so far)
The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski (not far enough in to make a deduction)

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 8 comments A Room On Lorelei Street