The Three Musketeers (The D'Artagnan Romances, #1) The Three Musketeers discussion

Translator of Gutenberg Ebook?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candice (last edited Nov 28, 2013 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Candice Can anyone tell me who translated the edition of The Three Musketeers available on Project Gutenberg?

Thanks!

Kirk The site states:

"Produced by John P. Roberts III, Roger Labbe, Scott David Gray, Sue Asscher, Anita Martin and David Widger."

I can only assume that this team included the translator(s).

Candice Good thought!

I wondered if some of that team might be the translators, but since a translator is often mentioned (in other books) as well as the producers, I wasn't sure what to make of it.

message 4: by John (last edited Jun 18, 2014 01:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Most books have a team of translators, so they all agree on the translation.

Keri I wondered the same thing after reading the Gutenberg translation and wanting to buy it in print so I e-mailed them to ask but received no response. Eventually, I came across this article: http://literarytransgressions.wordpre...
I tried to find online excerpts of each translator listed there and based on comparison, I believe it is William Barrows. The first chapter of Barrow's translation seemed to match with my e-book.

John Cool