Last Chance Book Club discussion

Off Topic > General Chit Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? I think I gained about 20 pounds over the weekend, lol.

message 3: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Yes, it was very nice, thanks! I have about 40 extra lbs at this point! I need to get out walking again. My work schedule is screwy & it is dark out in the morning and at night when I get home!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I need to start doing some walking or something myself but I'll probably gain another 20 pounds at Christmas so I'll worry about it after that, lol.

Did anyone do any shopping over the weekend? Score any good deals?

message 5: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I didn't, but I ordered a couple of small things at Amazon yesterday & picked up a couple things at Target. I don't have too many to shop for.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Has everyone finished their shopping yet? I haven't even started yet. Thankfully I don't have a but a few to shop for and I'm thinking of gift cards. It's simpler and they can get what they want. I'm just not into the Christmas spirit this year. :(

message 7: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments No, but I don't have much to get. It is hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you are broke, that's my problem!

message 8: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I love gift cards, btw! Can't go wrong!

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I know what you mean Sharlene. My mom and I were talking the other day about what to do. I said the sad part is half of us are unemployed and the other half are living paycheck to paycheck.

message 10: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments So true!

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Sorry I didn't make it by yesterday to tell you then.

message 12: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Yes, it was really nice. How about you?

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Other than a couple of things on Christmas Eve, it was a great Christmas.

Does anyone celebrate something besides Christmas? Please tell us about your holiday.

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Happy New Year!!!

message 15: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Happy New Year to you, too!

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) So, what is everyone reading these days? I'm currently reading Hard As It Gets by Laura Kaye and Shredded by Tracy Wolff.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions to get this group more active?

message 17: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments LOL! Probably having Hope get involved, via FB & her newsletters. Maybe after she is done with her Jane Eyre book club thing. I have Hard As It Gets on my TBR. I have been all over the place with reading. Back & forth between historical & contemporary romance. My list is on my GR page. I'm in if you get it started again.

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) How are you enjoying Jane Eyre Sharlene? Maybe you and I can do a buddy read next month if you are interested.

message 19: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments LOL! I am waiting until a couple days before the 24th to do a reread of Jane Eyre, so I don't forget it in between. On the 27th I am doing the HEA book club read of The Way You Look Tonight by Bella Andre. I will read that for the first time that week. Any time after that, we can do a buddy read. You mean another Hope book?

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Okay. You can just let me know when you're ready and we'll start. It can be a Hope book or anything else. We can look at each other's TBR and decide between now and then.

message 21: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments OK. So some time next month. We will figure it out!

message 22: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Just let me know, I have had different things going on and been slow reading lately. Hope everyone has a great week!

message 23: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Belinda & Ashley - I can work around you. My reading has been up & down, but I can usually read a book quickly under pressure! LOL! I have read all of Hope's books, but since I own them, a reread isn't a hardship. I plan to reread them all at some point anyway.

message 24: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Same with me Sharlene, I have them all too. Between me and my Mom there seems to always be a doctor's appointment and that slows me down even tho I travel with a book or my iPad....lol

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Glad to have you join in Belinda! Let's be looking over each other's TBR and comparing them to our own. We'll pick a few and see what we can come to an agreement on.

message 26: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I looked through & one that is on everyone's list is Hope Flames & the next one by Jaci Burton. The Inn at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay comes out April 29th. From Ashley's list, I want to read the Julie James novels, Monica Murphy's Crave, Torn & Savor, Jill Shalvis Double PLay or Rumor Has It. The Day He Kissed Her, Turn UP the Heat. From Belinda's list, I would like the Brenda Novak, starting with When We Touch & When Lightning Strikes, or the Joanne Ross books, starting with the first one. I own most of these books. LOL! Major TBR! I am easy, so whatever you want!

message 27: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Oh, also, I never mind rereading something I already read, so if there is anything you both want to read that I already read, that is fine! :)

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Those all sound like great choices Sharlene. Are you ready to select a book?

Do you have anything in mind Belinda?

message 29: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments How about Hope Flames by Jaci Burton, since it is on everyone's list? I have it, but I haven't read it yet.

message 30: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments I have been looking, I have some of the books on your list but haven't read them yet. I'll have to see if my library has Hope Flames, I will go online & check. I haven't been reading as much lately I have been trying out a new hobby to keep me up & motivated...lol

message 31: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments OK, Belinda. I am really game for anything! :)

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Hope Flames sounds good to me if that works for everyone else.

message 33: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Yes. When do you want to start? Did you want to finish the whole book & then talk about it, or little by little?

message 34: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Well after checking I can't get my hands on a copy right now so please go ahead without me since y'all have one. Maybe the next one:)

message 35: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) I can't seem to find a copy either Belinda. I was going to buy it but I'm not paying $5 for an eBook. I see where Amazon had When Lighting Strikes for $1.99. Would y'all be interested in that one instead?

message 36: by Belinda (last edited Apr 16, 2014 01:38AM) (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments If I can get my hands on it I don't mind Ashley.

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Sharlene, is the switch okay with you?

message 38: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Yes, fine! If I can't get the library book, I will get it at Target.

message 39: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Our county library system has copies. I put it on hold & should get it in a day or 2. Let me know if & when you want to start!

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) That's great Sharlene! I ordered my copy from Amazon, just gotta get it downloaded. Were you able to secure a copy Belinda?

message 41: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Sorry I think my library will have to borrow from another one so it might take a little longer. Please don't let me hold y'all back.

message 42: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I got it today! I have it for a month, so we can wait for Belinda,

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 6 comments I have already read it but would love to be in the discussion. Wouldn't mind rereading.

message 44: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments This will be a first read for me.

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Belinda, I'm willing to wait if everyone is too.

Lisa, I'd love to have you join in! Anyone else is welcome to join in as well.

Sharlene, this will be my first time reading it as well.

message 46: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments I have it on hold at my local library so I will have to wait until it gets to them because there wasn't a copy there so a copy will be sent there and it some times takes it a while to reach them. As soon as I have it in my hands I'll let y'all know:)

message 47: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Sounds good!

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Have you heard anything yet Belinda? I noticed we're coming up on the deadline for Sharlene and want to make sure everyone can participate.

message 49: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Hi - I saw Belinda was reading the new Hope Ramsey book.I renewed with the library, so I have When Lightning Strikes till June 13. I hope to finish the book I am currently reading tonight, so I can start When Lightning Strikes whenever you are ready.

message 50: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments I also bought The Inn at Last Chance, so if you wanted to switch to that, it's fine. Let me know. I can start reading whatever, whenever!

« previous 1 3