DumbleDORKS discussion

Hunger Games > Movie #2

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) | 1907 comments It was much better than the first one. The camera work was waaay better. I have to say that Haymitch is my favorite character. He's hilarious! xD

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

OMGERFD I LOVED THE MOVIE I LOVED IT YAY LIFE

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (natthebookworm) | 10 comments The movie was way better than the first . Not that i dont like the first one, i am NOT a hater . But I loved everything about the movie. They stayed to the storyline pretty well for a movie. I would go see this in theaters AGAIN. It was that awesome people!!!!!

message 4: by Leah (last edited Dec 01, 2013 01:37PM) (new)

Leah | 32 comments ^ Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the movie.
|

message 5: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (padmesavvy) | 1 comments I thought everything in the second movie was way more intense than I imagined while reading the books. At first, I didn't like who they picked for Johana but I grew to LOVE her! I'm still not sure how I feel about who they picked for Finnick. Cinna's last scene killed me, as did the Jabberjay scene in the arena. I was disappointed they left out the pocket watch scene with Katniss and Plutarch at Snow's party; I thought the foreshadowing was an essential part to the story.

message 6: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) | 1907 comments Savannah wrote: "I thought everything in the second movie was way more intense than I imagined while reading the books. At first, I didn't like who they picked for Johana but I grew to LOVE her! I'm still not sure ..."

I agree about Cinna's scene. I think that's the one scene that will stick in my mind forever. :( It was awful!

message 7: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) I was crying over Cinna's scene, it was just as cruel as it was in the book! And I loved Johana and Finnick in it, they were just as great as they were in the book. Now I really want Mockingjay to come out!

message 8: by Rose (new)

Rose (natthebookworm) | 10 comments I agree too

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Lannister (echodawn22049) | 152 comments Sugar cube? :D

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2013 12:51PM) (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Sugar cube? :D"

I see what you did there ;) But that cliffhanger tho!

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Lannister (echodawn22049) | 152 comments It was worse in the book, the last sentence is "There is no District 12"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebecca wrote: "It was worse in the book, the last sentence is "There is no District 12""

I agree with you on that! But think about those who hasn't read the books... You've got see the next one!

message 13: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 23, 2013 01:00PM) (new)

Rebecca Lannister (echodawn22049) | 152 comments And the next film is going to be split into two parts!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebecca wrote: "And the next film is going to be split into two parts!"

"hmm, we want lots of money. what shall we do?"
"Hey, let's split mockingjay into two pieces!"
"Yeyyy"

Why, just why?

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Lannister (echodawn22049) | 152 comments I suppose the positive of this is that me and my friends can get hyped up about the hunger games for longer. I wonder how they are going to split the story into two halves?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebecca wrote: "I suppose the positive of this is that me and my friends can get hyped up about the hunger games for longer. I wonder how they are going to split the story into two halves?"

Haha, you can never fangirl too much... Oh wait I do. But again I think you are right. It's nice that Hunger Games lasts longer on screen and think they will split it about when Gale tells his plan about exploding the mountain. Just guessing.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Lannister (echodawn22049) | 152 comments Maybe. I really want to re-read them now! Problem is I'm already reading five books at the moment, and I'll never finish any of them if I re-read the Hunger games series as well.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Maybe. I really want to re-read them now! Problem is I'm already reading five books at the moment, and I'll never finish any of them if I re-read the Hunger games series as well."

Haha I know that feeling! right now i do not have much read... Really should go to library or bookshop...

message 19: by Lainey (new)

Lainey (Laineybell1234) | 6 comments As much as I loved The Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire was way better. The movie really stuck to the book's plot. I enjoyed it a lot.

message 20: by Claire (new)

Claire This movie did a far better job in capturing the overall mood of the book, whereas the first really only got the plot. I LOVED the second movie, and pretty much the rest of my small town did too. Literally every person I know has seen it and loved it!

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments I thought it was perfect! The first movie was great and I liked it but catching fire was so much better. Francis Lawrence is a great director and really made a big difference and it was better than I could imagine!

message 22: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 1174 comments I loved Katniss's actions scenes in this one :)

message 23: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) | 58 comments I actually like this movie better then the first one Katniss's dress was amazing

message 24: by Tori (new)

Tori | 4 comments Agreed! I loved this movie, it had me guessing all the way through and it was much more suspenseful than the first movie!

message 25: by Grace (new)

Grace | 12 comments I think the reason that they are splitting mockingjay into 2 parts, besides drawing in more money, is that its a fairly emotional story and I think it would be a challenge shoving all this trauma in one movie. It would seem to rushed and filled, and we wouldn't retain the movie in our minds.

message 26: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy (stairstepjitters) | 155 comments Far better than the first movie, I watched it three times and I think it's incredible. The characters were done wonderfully and they did a good job of building up the tension for Mockingjay. Jennifer Lawrence's final scene when all you see is her face is pure acting brilliance.