Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > SGoM-December, 2013: Paranormal Romance

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Nov 28, 2013 12:09PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments MoonwolfWerewolfWerewolf

Yay! The poll for December’s Sub-Genre of the Month came in with Paranormal Romance.

Goodreads Links:

Popular Paranormal Romance Books
Listopia:Best Paranormal Romance Series

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm sure I have a bunch of book for December SGOM!Can't remember even one !

message 4: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I think I can fit something in lol

message 5: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments The big question is should I read the next in a series I've already started, or start something new???

message 6: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I know I'll read something!

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Nov 28, 2013 06:57PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to read these ,I already have them Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh ] My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3) by Bec McMaster

I might read these if I can get them !
Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4) by Jennifer Ashley Accidentally Married to...A Vampire? (Accidentally Yours, #2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff Kinked (Elder Races, #6) by Thea Harrison The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments On the "Popular Paranormal Romance Books" shelf I have read almost all of the books on the first few pages! I guess I read a lot paranormal!

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ok I'm bad! I just got Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4) by Jennifer Ashley so I'll read this too

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments Paranormal hasn't really been my thing lately. I'll have to dig through my TBR and see if anything looks good.

message 11: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm going to read these ,I already have them Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10) by Jim Butcher My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3) by Bec McMaster

I might read these if I can get them ..."

I hope you love My Lady Quicksilver!

message 12: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 101 comments Is there a challenge for this? Or do I just choose some paranormal romances to read? I've been looking to reread some Carpathians and Dark Hunters. Do they count? Sorry for so many questions.

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments No this is not a challenge , we just choose some paranormal romances and share our opinions about them with each other .

message 14: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 676 comments I'm planning on reading these this month...

Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2) by G.A. Aiken Fountain of Secrets (The Relic Seekers #2) by Anita Clenney Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1) by Anita Clenney Wolfsbane and Mistletoe by Charlaine Harris

I think they all qualify as paranormal romance.

message 15: by Gea (last edited Nov 29, 2013 06:24AM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley are three paranormal books I'm 100% sure I'll read in December, but probably more

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy Paranormal is not my usual thing, but I'm in love with KMM's Highlanders so I will definitely read Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7) by Karen Marie Moning this month (I'll probably listen to the audio.) I need a "vampire" book for a challenge, so I will see what the digital library has available.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "The big question is should I read the next in a series I've already started, or start something new???"

This is my dilemma, too!

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Teresa wrote: "Is there a challenge for this?"

Teresa, there is a challenge associated with this, Romance Subgenres; however, you don't have to participate, if you don't wish to. This is the alternative to our Book of the Month or Author of the Month thing.

message 19: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments I always reserve December for Christmas romance. This year I only have a few so I was thinking of finally reading the first two of the BDB series. That will fall nicely into this subgenre

message 20: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I have several I will be reading this month. Great choice!

message 21: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments I don't have a reading plan for this month with it being so crazy busy. But I do love the paranormals so I'm sure I'll be reading something that fits!

message 22: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 101 comments Oleander wrote: "This year I only have a few so I was thinking of finally reading the first two of the BDB series."

What does BDB mean?

message 23: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 101 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "This is the alternative to our Book of the Month or Author of the Month thing. "

I read the newsletter, but didn't see an author or book of the month. Will that be chosen soon?

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Nov 29, 2013 07:04PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Teresa wrote: "Lisa Kay wrote: "This is the alternative to our Book of the Month or Author of the Month thing. "

I read the newsletter, but didn't see an author or book of the month. Will that be chosen soon?"

We had that before and because not everyone can read the same book in a particular month, we are having SGOM of the month.more participation this way:) We haven't had a book of the month in a year

message 25: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments Teresa wrote: "Oleander wrote: "This year I only have a few so I was thinking of finally reading the first two of the BDB series."

What does BDB mean?"

It is a popular pnr series - Black Dagger Brotherhood. I've never read it but have heard people raving for years.

message 26: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 101 comments ShoSho wrote: "More participation this way:) We haven't had a book of the month in a year "

Oh. All right. I'm on the right page then.

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oleander wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Oleander wrote: "This year I only have a few so I was thinking of finally reading the first two of the BDB series."

What does BDB mean?"
It is a popular pnr series - Black Dagger Br..."

You won't be disappointed, oleander! They are sooo goood .

message 28: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Oleander wrote: "I always reserve December for Christmas romance. This year I only have a few so I was thinking of finally reading the first two of the BDB series. That will fall nicely into this subgenre"

Very good choice!

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine (inhalesbookslikepopcorn) | 64 comments I will read

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini Singh Night Blade (Colbana Files #2) by J.C. Daniels

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I need to get back to the Psy-Changeling series, too, Christine - and that book, too!

message 31: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 247 comments So I finish reading Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh today, and.. kinda have a book hangover here. I don't know what to read next and it pained me to know that the next Guild Hunter will not back to Elena-Raphael again :( (but I still read it of course. Anything by Nalini Singh is a must read!)

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) One of my favorite genres so I'm sure I'll be reading a few.
Finished one already - Dream Chaser (Dream-Hunter, #4; Dark-Hunter, #13) by Sherrilyn Kenyon . The Dream Hunter books are not as good as the Dark Hunter ones.

message 33: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Finished Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Absolutely loved this book. Nalini Singh is, in my opinion, the best paranormal writer out there. I feel like Ren, it's hard to start something else with it all still crowding in my head.

message 34: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments Somehow I missed this!

As usual my plans are probably way too ambitious but I'm sure to get to at least one of these:

Winterblaze (Darkest London, #3) by Kristen Callihan Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2) by Bec McMaster The Hollow (Sign of Seven, #2) by Nora Roberts Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10) by Larissa Ione

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I haven't read any PNR yet. I don't even think I have anything planned. I'd best get cracking.

message 36: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments KarenF wrote: "Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10) by Larissa Ione"

I don't think I'd have time to read it this year. but I really want to!

message 37: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm starting Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts

message 38: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I'm starting Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts"

I picked that one up when it was on sale but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm looking forward to what you think about it. I love the "Para-Nora" books. :)

ShoSho wrote: "KarenF wrote: "Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10) by Larissa Ione"

I don't think I'd have time to read it this year. but I really want to!"

I don't know if I'll really get to it either, it's not even out until the 17th. But I'm stupidly excited for Reaver's story!

message 39: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 676 comments I finished Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the other two books in the series when they come out!

message 40: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments "Para-Nora" - LOVE IT! :)

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee**

message 42: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments I read this last month and really enjoyed it. I'm not familiar with her other paranormal work at all, so it was a lovely surprise.

message 43: by Gea (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments I read Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh and loved it

message 44: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Gea wrote: "I read Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh and loved it"

I haven't started that series by her yet. I love her other one!

message 45: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ~Leslie~ wrote: "I read this last month and really enjoyed it. I'm not familiar with her other paranormal work at all, so it was a lovely surprise."

I've read a couple of her other ones and I've enjoyed them all. This one is going pretty good. I have a couple of complaints, but nothing major.

Katie aka Moogles (mooglesrgreat) read Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 47: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Susan(susayQ) the Guild Hunter series started off slowly for me but by the third book I was completely hooked. I think Nalini Singh's worldbuilding,her characters and the chemistry between characters is simply amazing.

message 48: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ~Leslie~ wrote: "Susan(susayQ) the Guild Hunter series started off slowly for me but by the third book I was completely hooked. I think Nalini Singh's worldbuilding,her characters and the chemistry between characte..."

Her world building is amazing. I've said that all along with he Psy-Changelings. Thanks for the yes vote for this series. I'll have to move it up on the list - maybe next year.

message 49: by Kari (new)

Kari Kaz Finished Valiant (New Species, #3) by Laurann Dohner , which I really liked. I'm hooked to this series.

message 50: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Finished Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Gave it 3.5 stars. The premise and setting were wonderful, but some of the characters irritated me enough to drop the stars.

« previous 1 3 4