Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Favourite book series?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (xangelfreak) | 17 comments I'm currently reading the night huntress series for about the fourth time. I just fall in love with the story every time. I also have just finished rereading black dagger series. Anyway, the reason for writing is I am currently rereading old books because I haven't found anything new that has really shone for me. Any ideas on what to read next?

Paganalexandria  | 238 comments My go-to answer is always Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. Seeing as you like the Night Huntress books, Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur might be more your speed.

message 3: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments If you like PNR, you might like the Elder Races series by Thea Harrison or the Gray Court series by Dana Marie Bell.

message 4: by Lisa264544 (new)

Lisa264544 | 46 comments Immortals After Dark is always a fun re-read for me. Love those feisty Valkyrie and the Lycan are sizzling hot!

message 5: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments Kimberley wrote: "I'm currently reading the night huntress series for about the fourth time. I just fall in love with the story every time. I also have just finished rereading black dagger series. Anyway, the reason..."

By the way, those are my top two favorite series. Ever. Good choice :)
Elemental Assassin Series or Chicagoland Vampires are enjoyable too. You might like them.

message 6: by Paganalexandria (last edited Nov 29, 2013 11:53AM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 238 comments Lisa264544 wrote: "Immortals After Dark is always a fun re-read for me. Love those feisty Valkyrie and the Lycan are sizzling hot!"

Lisa, yes the IAD series is wonderful. The only reason I didn't include it in my original post was because after comparing books, saw she already read some. Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins is a new series that I'm currently obsessed with.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs is a great series.

message 8: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (xangelfreak) | 17 comments Thanks all :) I adore IAD too, they are brilliant! My favourite books have strong female characters, like cat, I was disappointed with once burned by Jeanine frost as the female was quite weak especially in comparison to Cat (although cat and bones do make a little cameo appearance which was great :) ).

I will try some of your suggestions thanks :)

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 131 comments For strong females take a look at Kim Harrison's The Hollows series. Rachel is kickass!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments The Weird Girls (Weird Girls, #0.5) by Cecy Robson Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1) by Cecy Robson A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2) by Cecy Robson A Cursed Moon (Weird Girls, #2.5) by Cecy Robson Cursed By Destiny (Weird Girls, #3) by Cecy Robson

This by far as become my favorite series. It has everything in it I love in a good UF. It sort of reminds me of the Night Huntress Series in the fact that it is paranormal, has amazing characters, humor and a spicy romance.

I think you would really like it.

I also really like this series. It is full of humor as well.

In a Fix (In a Fix, #1) by Linda Grimes Quick Fix (In a Fix, #2) by Linda Grimes

And even though I have only read the first book and novella, I have really enjoyed this series as well, I just haven't had the time to continue the series.

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1) by Darynda Jones For I Have Sinned (Charley Davidson, #1.5) by Darynda Jones Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2) by Darynda Jones Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson #5) by Darynda Jones Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda Jones

message 11: by Jazzy Jess (new)

Jazzy Jess (jazzy0jess) | 18 comments I suggest Patricia Briggs, mercy Thompson series. Or darynda jones, Charlie Davidson series.

message 12: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 56 comments I don't see any indie writers mentioned-most of my favorite paranormal series are by indie writers. You might try The Mageri Series by Dannika Dark,The Caged Series by Amber Lynn Natusch, The Premonition Series by Amy Bartol, Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle,The Night Prowler series by J.T. Geissinger,The Arash,Shadow Hunter by Elke Schuster or The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle. All were can't put down good.Prices are much better then traditional writers too!

Paganalexandria  | 238 comments Lorna wrote: "I don't see any indie writers mentioned-most of my favorite paranormal series are by indie writers. You might try The Mageri Series by Dannika Dark,The Caged Series by Amber Lynn Natusch, The Premo..."

The Fae Chronicles series
Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2) by Amelia Hutchins I mentioned is also independent. I found it to be a great little stop gap to keep me occupied until Karen Marie Moning releases the next Fever book.

message 14: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 56 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Lorna wrote: "I don't see any indie writers mentioned-most of my favorite paranormal series are by indie writers. You might try The Mageri Series by Dannika Dark,The Caged Series by Amber Lynn Natu..."
Sorry, didn't realize. I will have to check them out!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) "Women of the Otherworld," so far. I have a feeling "The Mortal Instruments" might come close though once I get around to reading them all.

message 16: by Shelby (last edited Oct 11, 2015 01:42PM) (new)

Shelby | 73 comments Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Wicked (A Wicked Saga, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

I hope you find something you like!

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 18, 2016 05:05PM) (new)

I have waaayy too many favourites...but to list a few
Relentless (Relentless, #1) by Karen Lynch , Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins , The Crystor Series (Bound, Broken and Beloved) by C.K. Bryant , Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard , Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead , The Iron Fey Series 5 Books Collection Set by Julie Kagawa , The Blood Destiny Series by Helen Harper , Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout , Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer , Runes (Runes, #1) by Ednah Walters , The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1) by Jessica Sorensen , The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter , Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini

I could probably keep going, but I'll leave it at that I think! lol

message 18: by Katya (new)

Katya | 645 comments Elemental Mysteries by Elizabeth Hunter
A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter This Same Earth (Elemental Mysteries, #2) by Elizabeth Hunter The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries, #4) by Elizabeth Hunter

Elemental Mysteries World/Legacy by Elizabeth Hunter
Building From Ashes (Elemental World, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter Waterlocked An Elemental World Novella by Elizabeth Hunter Blood and Sand An Elemental World Novel by Elizabeth Hunter The Bronze Blade (Elemental World #2.5) by Elizabeth Hunter The Scarlet Deep (Elemental World #3) by Elizabeth Hunter All the Stars Look Down (Elemental Mysteries, #4.5) by Elizabeth Hunter Shadows and Gold (Elemental Legacy, 1) by Elizabeth Hunter

message 19: by Yogesh (new)

Yogesh Jain | 3 comments My favourite is Mistborn series of Brandon sanderson. It is heavily on fantasy with a love interest but is the best i have read so far.

message 20: by KritikaB (last edited Jan 19, 2016 09:52PM) (new)

KritikaB | 103 comments My favorites so far are...

Irin Chronicles The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2) by Elizabeth Hunter The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter On a Clear Winter Night An Irin Chronicles Short Story by Elizabeth Hunter
Elemental Mysteries A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter This Same Earth (Elemental Mysteries, #2) by Elizabeth Hunter The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries, #4) by Elizabeth Hunter All the Stars Look Down (Elemental Mysteries, #4.5) by Elizabeth Hunter
Study Series Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder
Tairen Soul Series Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4) by C.L. Wilson Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) by C.L. Wilson King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) by C.L. Wilson Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. Wilson
Graceling Realm Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore
Immortal Guardian Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2) by Dianne Duvall Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3) by Dianne Duvall Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4) by Dianne Duvall Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5) by Dianne Duvall Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6) by Dianne Duvall In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5) by Dianne Duvall
The Infernal Devices Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

and a lot more that I enjoy reading.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 89 comments My favorites are:
Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned, #1) by Robyn Peterman Fashionably Dead Down Under (Hot Damned, #2) by Robyn Peterman Fashionably Dead in Diapers (Hot Damned #4) by Robyn Peterman A Fashionably Dead Christmas (Hot Damned #5) by Robyn Peterman
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh
Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins
First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones
A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1) by Lynsay Sands

message 22: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (maruxass) | 1 comments right now i just re-read them (for like 6 time..) so i'll have to said, TMI by Cassandra Clare

message 23: by witzi (new)

witzi I think you would like Laura Adrian's Midnight Breed Series. It's similar to JR Wards series you mentioned. Also try Kresley Cole's IAD series and I've just read Dark Protectors by Rebecca Zanetti. RZ was a pleasant surprise for me personally. Good luck!

message 24: by witzi (new)

witzi I think you would like Laura Adrian's Midnight Breed Series. It's similar to JR Wards series you mentioned. Also try Kresley Cole's IAD series and I've just read Dark Protectors by Rebecca Zanetti. RZ was a pleasant surprise for me personally. Good luck!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sbransley) | 12 comments My favorite will always be The Black Jewels Trilogy Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #1-3) by Anne Bishop I've been a fan for years and got to enjoy nearly every book release.

But I also love the Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs series

message 26: by Aliya (new)

Aliya DalRae | 28 comments For a real kick-ass female, check out the Elemental Assassins series! Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

There is no one more BA than Gin Blanco!

message 27: by Siska (new)

Siska | 5 comments The Dragonian Series and Going down in flames series are my favorite, favorite series. Ive read them like 5 time each.

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 385 comments My favorite series is the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. It is so well written, and the characters are wonderful. I thought the movies were done very well too.