Uglies (Uglies, #1) Uglies question

Best YA books?
Gemzi Gemzi Nov 28, 2013 09:57AM
So basically I need a book to read, and this is the time of year when I do my book hauls and wishlists. So I need a few AMAZING YA books for me to readdd.....
Thanks!
This is for anyone by the way! If you want an idea, just look!
BTW- books I like are.... Uglies, Hunger Games, The Book Thief....

deleted member (last edited Dec 04, 2013 08:49PM ) Dec 04, 2013 08:48PM   0 votes
Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
John Green Novels
Every Day by David Levithan
The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Ashfall Series by Mike Mullin

The 5th Wave
Monument 14
Best books ever

Morganville vampire series (Rachel Caine), Divergent, Delirium, The Mediator series (Meg Cabot), Birthmarked (Caragh O'Brien), XVI(Julia Karr).

I highly recommend Angelfall by Susan Ee too -- it's one of the few YA books where the romance element is overbearing.

Waking is also good. The romance might be deemed as "unconventional" by some, but I thought it was really refreshing.

You could try Divergent or Hush,Hush. Those are amazing series. Also you should definitely read The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. The first book is City of Bones. That series is great and it has even more series that go along with it, such as a prequel series called The Infernal Devices. However, if you read those, I suggest you start with The Mortal Instruments series.

Hi guys! Sorry to bother, this is slightly irrelevant but it's for a good cause!

I'm trying to raise some money for a charity called Wishing on a Star. Which is a charity that grants wishes to sick children! This is a charity very close to my heart as my 11 year old cousin recently died of a heart defect, and didn't have a chance to get to go to DisneyWorld which is what he really wanted.

I want other children to be able to have this opportunity, and I'm a student so I'm pretty poor! I think raising money even if it's just a little is a good start! Thanks so much.

All you have to do is click the ad on my blog! It's that simple!

http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk/

I liked "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld very much. A pre-teen girl wants to remain a tomboy, an "ugly" but in this society teens undergo a process and become "pretty". It is more than just cosmetic surgery. It changes your insides as much as your outsides. It has a good ending, and an obvious opening for a sequel. Although the sequels are well written, the idea of cutting one's self to gain power seems to encourage young people to ... well.. cut themselves. If that disturbs you, the sequels to Uglies should be avoided.

An entirely great series from Scott Westerfeld begins with "Leviathan". I loved the entire series. Very exciting and while they overuse the curse "bum rag" it is absolutely delightful. It is an alternative history (and alternative science) of World War One using strange biotics and "klanker" technology. Also... Tesla. Nuf said. :-)

I really liked "Mila 2.0" by Debra Driza. As the promo says, it's like Bourne Identity for teens. A young girl is on the run with her mother, but she wants to settle down and stay. But when she is in danger she realizes she has more abilities that a normal girl should have...like freakishly amazing abilities. There is a free "pre-story" available from Amazon you can download, "Mila 2.0: Origins: The Fire".

Mila 2.0 ends well but there is more story. The sequel comes out in May 2014.

FYI... I have no association with any publisher or bookseller. (I know one author but I have not reviewed any of his work yet.) I make no money recommending anything. I just liked reading these books.

Vampire Academy- Richelle Mead
Divergent - Veronica Roth
Switched - Amanda Hocking
Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder
These are my favourite YA books and I highly recommend them