The Hunger Games-Roleplay discussion

Discussions > Catching Fire movie

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Here's your place to discuss the second movie in the series. Spoilers allowed!

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 2331 comments Mod
OH! I LOVED IT!

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments Me too! :D Jennifer Lawrence is amazing as Katniss. And yeah the movie wasn't like the book to a T but it was so well done and so similar and made sense!

♥ bomb ♥ υиøffı¢αł яøłeρłαч мeитøя (fantastic-bomb) | 502 comments Mod
I must say, the movie was better than the book. EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING! The movie is more in depth with the message "Rather than every tribute against tribute, it's every tribute against the capitol." But, the movie did have it's flaws, it was much better than the first movie.

message 5: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (songbirdgabriella) | 310 comments I loved it!!! It was so close to the second book, and I loved the message of the movie, like Dah-Bomb said. I loved who they chose to play the other tributes! They were exactly like I imagined them :))

YA! I mean, some the scenes were pretty funny. Like how Johanna stripped in the elevator in front of Peeta, Katniss, and Haymitch.

1. Katniss's Face was priceless XD
2. Peeta seemed to enjoy in in a seriously aqward way.
3. After Johanna left, Haymitch introduced her like nothing ever happened!

((Please note this is a spoiler.))

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (songbirdgabriella) | 310 comments ^haha that was classic :))

Johanna's character was perfect

I KNOW! Everything she said was just freaking hilarious! Like how she dropped the f bomb during the interview with caesar? XD

message 9: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (songbirdgabriella) | 310 comments She said it like ten times in a row :DDD it was SOOO funny!

I KNOW XD

message 11: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (songbirdgabriella) | 310 comments She was probably my fav character throughout the entire movie. XD XD

message 12: by Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (last edited Jan 07, 2014 07:36PM) (new)

Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (puppyluvr) | 191 comments Katniss was SOOOO amazing!!! I totally cried when they shot the old man...it was so sad. I was crying so much...Yeah, I'm awesome like that. O.o

█║ ✕ Angel ‟ Indelible  (sirsly) | 2 comments I just saw it (forgive me, been quite busy and my mother was mad at me the day of the movie) and wow it is just like the book I'm totally in love and the acting was amazing! Everything was spot on and picking Sam as Finnick was an amazing choice, when Pirates of the Caribbean came out I literally said he should play the role. Anyways, the lines were straight on cue and Effie.. Just everything was perfect. Never have been more proud.

message 14: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) I'm really glad they decided to stay close to the book for this movie! Although I'm a bit upset that Bonnie and Twill weren't there or Darius, they totally made it up by bringing in Snow's granddaughter AND by bringing in the rebellion and uprisings from the previous movie and tying it in with the plot of CF.
I will say this goes with the book, but I really loved the way Prim grew so much and was able to somewhat take over her mother's job with the healing.
I LOVED that they were quoting directly from the book (ex: "Want a sugarcube?" or "I do. I need you.") and while watching, I could quote the book in my head while the scene was unfolding. For example, in the book when it says "Our canary had stopped singing." and Wiress was singing and Brutus came up all of sudden.

I REALLY loved the way the showed Katniss' Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder by bringing back Marvel in the beginning and the nightmares, etc.

(Seriously, I have like a whole speech. Sorry... :P)

Of course, Johanna was AMAZING. I thought it was just perfect that she was cursing and they BLEEPED IT OUT. It really worked with the message they were trying to convey throughout the film. It really makes you think about our own television. Things that don't really need to be censored end up being censored and we watch horrible things anyway. The strip scene was absolutely PERFECT and Johanna's acting was just wonderful.

Sam Claflin, I think, did a wonderful job playing Finnick. His emotions when Mags died was heartbreaking (as if I already wasn't crying) and the way he called after Annie with the jabberjays was heart SHATTERING. Finnick has been my favorite for so long it was great to see him brought to life so perfectly.

I must also say that I loved Lynn Cohen as Mags as well!

Peeta's sass was just a wonderful addition to his personality, I must say. I think he was definitely better portrayed in this one (even if his leg was still there and he still had his falling moments). I think it will definitely KILL me to see him in the next movies...

I must somehow conclude by saying that the movie was thousands of times better than the first one. The arena and visual effects were stunning and the movie and message were beautiful. I should say that those who didn't read the books must have been disappointed by the ending or very confused about what was happening (I can say that for a fact because my cousins (shame on them) and mother went without reading and were very befuddled).

Okay, that is my rant about the epicness of CF.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 4553 comments I agree completely. The movie was absolutely fantastic!