Afro Book Club discussion

Book Reviewers and Bloggers > Book Reviewers and Bloggers Welcome

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ConnorD (last edited Nov 30, 2013 08:34PM) (new)

ConnorD | 181 comments This folder if for book reviewers - please let us know about you and your book review blog - We will open a folder for bloggers or reviewers who review books from authors of African descent

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Brown (Diane_Brown) | 38 comments Mary Okeke, a Nigerian woman, living in Spain has got a really great book review blog that focuses on African authors (not really diaspora) but it may be very useful to invite her to open her own thread here as she certainly has a passion for African books. She reviewed my book and conducted an interview with me, which was very helpful in getting my book out there. I know she was also featured in a magazine the other day
I think she can also make some great recommends for this group and extend our knowledge of authors in the continent, especially from West Africa
She is also on good reads

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryokekereviews) Diane wrote: "Mary Okeke, a Nigerian woman, living in Spain has got a really great book review blog that focuses on African authors (not really diaspora) but it may be very useful to invite her to open her own t..."

Ms. Diane,
Thank you very much for introducing me to this group.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryokekereviews) I am Mary Okeke, African lit. blogger at www.maryokekereviews.blogspot.com

I try to publish a post per week, be it interview, review, reading progress, places I read at, new book release and so on. All, African lit. related. Tomorrow I will be posting my review on "Tiny Sunbirds Far Away" by Christie Watson. It is a novel that narrates on issues surrounding the Niger-Delta in Nigeria.

At the moment I am reading "And the Moutains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini. He is not an African but he is just one writer I have fallen in love with. I read his two previous novels and got hooked.

message 5: by Carlene (new)

Carlene | 12 comments Mary wrote: "I am Mary Okeke, African lit. blogger at www.maryokekereviews.blogspot.com

I try to publish a post per week, be it interview, review, reading progress, places I read at, new book release and so on..."

Welcome Mary. Look forward to your presence in the group and will be checking out your site :)

Carlene

message 6: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Hi -

Can you also open up a folder as I am a book reviewer and have reviewed books that are applicable to this site.

I will also use this folder to post links to other bloggers/book sites that appropriate for this group.
There are quite a few out there and so hopefully it will allow to see the diversity and breadth of writing/discussions/conferences regarding books by and about people of African descent.

message 7: by Donald (new)

Donald | 126 comments Beverly wrote: "Hi -

Can you also open up a folder as I am a book reviewer and have reviewed books that are applicable to this site.

I will also use this folder to post links to other bloggers/book sites that ap..."

Its done Beverly

message 8: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Donald wrote: "Beverly wrote: "Hi -

I will also use this folder to post links to other bloggers/bo..."

Thanks much Donald.

message 9: by James (new)

James Murua | 44 comments Hey guys and girls,

My name is James Murua and I right reviews on African books as well as news from the African literature space at www.jamesmurua.com. You can read my most recent review of Nadifa Mohamed’s The Orchard of Lost Souls here http://www.jamesmurua.com/a-review-of...
Can I get a folder too?

message 10: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Jamesmurua wrote: "Hey guys and girls,

My name is James Murua and I right reviews on African books as well as news from the African literature space at www.jamesmurua.com. You can read my most recent review of Nadif..."

Thanks for your review of The Orchard of Lost Souls. It is on my tbr list (too many books, not enough time). I have read her prior book Black Mamba Boyand enjoyed her writing so I knew I would read her future work.

message 11: by ConnorD (new)

ConnorD | 181 comments Jamesmurua wrote: "Hey guys and girls,

My name is James Murua and I right reviews on African books as well as news from the African literature space at www.jamesmurua.com. You can read my most recent review of Nadif..."

Welcome James good to connect on twitter as well, just retweeted your review. Orchards of Lost Souls is our book of month next month. Perhaps you can lead that discussion?

Absolutely get a folder, will open one if you have not done so yet

message 12: by James (new)

James Murua | 44 comments I will be happy to lead that discussion on the book. It was amazing.

message 13: by Ndeye (new)

Ndeye Sene (undertheneemtree) | 2 comments hell, my name is Ndeye, I blog at http://booksundertheneemtree.com
on African authors. I read any genre and any author new/old/published/self-publised, anything worth reading, I am on it. Please do visit sometimes. I will visit some of the blogs in here for sure. I am sure that I will find pretty amazing things,

message 14: by Ndeye (new)

Ndeye Sene (undertheneemtree) | 2 comments Oh and I would love to have a thread for books reviews. Thanks

message 15: by Zhana (new)

Zhana Zhana (zhana21) | 2 comments Diane wrote: "Mary Okeke, a Nigerian woman, living in Spain has got a really great book review blog that focuses on African authors (not really diaspora) but it may be very useful to invite her to open her own t..."

This is a beautiful blog. I had not seen this before. Thanks for posting this.