UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Barely Surviving (Surviving, #1)
This topic is about Barely Surviving
Meet the Authors > Reviews like this make an Indie Author's day!! - Courtney Cross

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Cross (ccrossnovels) | 16 comments The Reviews can't be wrong!

If you're looking for the new Christian or Gideon then one click Jonah today!! Barely Surviving as received over 30 4 and 5* reviews and with the sequel due for release in the new year, then acquaint yourself with Jonah and Ava's story today!

Ava is barely surviving through her life as she tries to move on from that horrific night when things for her will never be the same again. She survived physically but emotionally she is shut down. She has no need for emotions, especially love. Why would she, no one has ever showed her what love should be. For her, it made her life a living hell. All she has known is pain in one form or the other. She can be a major bitch, her secrets have made her be this way. When she meets Jonah, the attraction between them is instant. Too bad she can’t and won’t act on it, he the type of man that can cause her so much more pain, but can she really fight him for long?

Jonah is handsome, successful, dominating and the person who is handling the matter that brought Ava to his office in the first place. Jonah wants Ava, he pursues her and is relentless until she gives in. There is something about Jonah, he has his own secrets. He loves Ava, or is there more to his attraction? When Jonah’s secrets are revealed they have the power to destroy everything he has with Ava.

The pain that Ava was going through I could never imagine. She survived something so vile that it is understandable why she is the way she is. She needed to have the hard walls up around herself to protect her. When she finally allows those walls to crumble with Jonah I was so happy, well that was until Jonah’s secret came out and he royally screwed things up.

Jonah, holy hot damn. This man is sex himself. He craves Ava and can’t get enough of her. He has his secrets but deep down he is a good guy. He in his own way is barely surviving, just as Ava is. I wanted him to win Ava and make her see that love can heal and that what he felt was true. I wanted a Jonah for myself, well that was until his secrets are revealed and I swear I screamed out “you are an asshole how could you” and threw my kindle, only to pick it right backup to see what was going to happen next.

The ending, holy shit can you say cliffhanger? I want to know what happens right freaking now! Now! Now! Now!

I felt so many emotions while reading Barely Surviving. I cried one minute, was pissed off the next, my heart was breaking and my stomach was in knots. I was enthralled from the prologue and could not put my kindle down. It is not easy to read at times, it’s painful and heartbreaking. It makes you want to start living your life and not let the past break you.

I'm tired of just surviving sweetheart, it's time to start living – Jonah

Courtney Cross has made me an instant fan of hers. I want the second book, Divinely Living, to come out right this second so that I can continue on the rollercoaster ride of emotions that Barely Surviving has brought me on. Please put this on your TBR lists as it will not disappoint, that I can promise you.

My Secret Romance Reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Courtney-Cross/...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barely-Surviv...

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Great review, how long did it take you to write it?

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Cross (ccrossnovels) | 16 comments Andrew wrote: "Great review, how long did it take you to write it?"

It's genuine.

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Cross (ccrossnovels) | 16 comments Courtney wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Great review, how long did it take you to write it?"

It's genuine."
I have more integrity than to post a comment that is untrue! Pity not everyone else feels the same

Andrew wrote: "Great review, how long did it take you to write it?"

Courtney wrote: "The Reviews can't be wrong!

If you're looking for the new Christian or Gideon then one click Jonah today!! Barely Surviving as received over 30 4 and 5* reviews and with the sequel due for releas..."

Courtney wrote: "The Reviews can't be wrong!

If you're looking for the new Christian or Gideon then one click Jonah today!! Barely Surviving as received over 30 4 and 5* reviews and with the sequel due for releas..."

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9082 comments Your links don't work...

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments No doubt, I'm sure you meant every word of it.

Regardless, I suspect this thread should be in a different folder.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yes. Courtney, this will be your author thread.

Please read this and add your author name to your thread title.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Andrew wrote: "Great review, how long did it take you to write it?"

Now, now Andrew. Be kind. :)

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Cross (ccrossnovels) | 16 comments Andrew wrote: "No doubt, I'm sure you meant every word of it.

Regardless, I suspect this thread should be in a different folder."

I'm sorry but do I know you or have I in some way offended you? I cannot believe a total stranger could have reason to be so rude without reason!

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

message 11: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Great review, how long did it take you to write it?"

Now, now Andrew. Be kind. :)"

When am I ever anything else? :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Andrew wrote: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

You quoting Shakespeare again?

message 13: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Andrew wrote: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

You quoting Shakespeare again?"

Ooo! Ooo! I can do that too!!!

*Clears throat*:

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!!!

;-P

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lol!