Manga & Anime Lovers discussion

Introductions > Manga You're Waiting to Read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Megan, ~I ❤ MANGA~ (new)

Megan | 621 comments Mod

message 2: by Megan, ~I ❤ MANGA~ (new)

Megan | 621 comments Mod
I've been waiting to read Death Note, Black Butler and a few more......

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments I just read the first chapter from Sweet Rein, Vol. 1 in my last edition of OTAKU USA & I thought it looked really interesting so I am planning on reading the rest of it soon, unfortunately my library does not have it.

message 4: by Candy (new)

Candy Candy (watcherofanimeandreaderofmanga) Oresama Sensei volume 4, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage volume 4, Blue Exorcist volume 11, Pandora Hearts 20 (!!), and Soul Eater, and Bleach, and Black Butler, and a few more. Luckily my library has a lot of manga, but if it doesn't have a volume I want, I look at some bookstores.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Na-Chan wrote: "Oresama Sensei volume 4, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage volume 4, Blue Exorcist volume 11, Pandora Hearts 20 (!!), and Soul Eater, and Bleach, and Black Butler, and a few more. Luckily my library has a ..."

My library gets a lot of Manga as well so I get most of them there although I do have several that I have bought. I actually have a bunch of new volumes on request that my library has on order at the moment.

message 6: by San (last edited Jan 16, 2014 11:23AM) (new)

San | 14 comments Megan wrote: "I've been waiting to read Death Note, Black Butler and a few more......"

I read the first eight volumes of Death Note, then I predicted that Light will die so I peeked at the last volume turns out I am *****
Just don't want to give out any spoiler...

Black Butler is still ongoing, it's basically Case Closed with supernatural factors

I am not sure what I am going to read now, probably Pandora Hearts or Soul Eater?

Any recommendation?

message 7: by Chacha (new)

Chacha (chachacenteno) From what I've found--B.O.D.Y volumes 13-15 were never released in English. I've found the Japanese volumes. I know it probably doesn't exist but does anyone have any tips to how I can read the last three volumes in English? I'm more than happy to find a Japanese fluent person to translate if that's what it comes to lol.

message 8: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 29, 2014 10:12PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Vanessa wrote: "From what I've found--B.O.D.Y volumes 13-15 were never released in English. I've found the Japanese volumes. I know it probably doesn't exist but does anyone have any tips to how I can read the las..."

I only found up to volume 10, where did you find volumes 11 & 12 in English? I was just about to start re-reading the series up to volume 10 since it has been awhile but I would love to read 11 & 12 as well.

message 9: by Chacha (new)

Chacha (chachacenteno) I sent Viz a message and asked if they planned on translating the last three books. They replied with a "maybe." I'm going to start asking other B.O.D.Y fans I know to send Viz a Facebook message and let them know they'd like the last three books.

message 10: by Chacha (new)

Chacha (chachacenteno) Chelsea wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "From what I've found--B.O.D.Y volumes 13-15 were never released in English. I've found the Japanese volumes. I know it probably doesn't exist but does anyone have any tips to how I ..."

I found them online, up to chapter 45.

message 11: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 30, 2014 02:25PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Vanessa wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "From what I've found--B.O.D.Y volumes 13-15 were never released in English. I've found the Japanese volumes. I know it probably doesn't exist but does anyone have an..."

Do you remember what website it was, I got them out of the library and remember looking a bit online last time I read the series and I didn't find anything then past chapter 28 so if you could let me know what website you used that would be great.

message 12: by Chacha (new)

Chacha (chachacenteno) mangafox and manga here go up to chapter 45

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Vanessa wrote: "mangafox and manga here go up to chapter 45"

Thanks!

message 14: by Noctowl (new)

Noctowl | 34 comments I'm desperately waiting for the new Detective Conan chapters. The website I use skipped the last case, and has taken three weeks to post the new one.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (stereoparade) | 91 comments I am always waiting on the new One Piece addition, and I have several collections that aren't finished that I wait on arrivals...mainly Skip Beat & Kimi ni Todoke. I've also caught up on Natsume's Book of Friends and I'm waiting to see if it's going to continue...would be kinda meh to leave it where it is.

message 16: by Jojo (new)

Jojo Frost (jojobookfreak) | 17 comments Manga I'm waiting to read is the new series from CLAMP: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle new manga series.

message 17: by Misayurie (new)

Misayurie | 8 comments i'm currently reading some one shot manga as well as waiting for updates for naruto, bleach, hunter x hunter, fairytail, pandora hearts, kuroko no basket, yumekui merry and ao no ride..='3

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (stereoparade) | 91 comments Jojo wrote: "Manga I'm waiting to read is the new series from CLAMP: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle new manga series."

New as in newer than the 26 volume run previously?

message 19: by Ash (new)

Ash | 271 comments Always waiting for updates in Bleach & Blood Lad.

message 20: by Ash (new)

Ash | 271 comments Oh, & Pandora Hearts as well.

message 21: by Jojo (new)

Jojo Frost (jojobookfreak) | 17 comments I want to read more yaoi series, One Piece, and more Attack on Titan.

message 22: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 184 comments Shugo Chara!, Vol. 6: Betrayal
Already out but I still haven't bought it and read it.

message 23: by Kiran (new)

Kiran (enragedmirkwoodelf) I need to get my hands on the Attack on Titan manga!

message 24: by Ash (new)

Ash | 271 comments Until Death Do Us Part, Black Butler

message 25: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 184 comments Currently buying volumes of Death Note, so this month I´m waiting to read vol.7 and vol.8.

Also, there´re some mangas I want to read, that´re not out yet:
黒執事 Kuroshitsuji XX (it´s out in Japan but I´m waiting for Yen Press edition)
黒執事 Kuroshitsuji XXI
暁のヨナ 18 Akatsuki no Yona 18
Citrus, Vol. 3
Ten Count vol. 4

message 26: by Maham (new)

Maham Muqri (magnamoon) | 15 comments I'm waiting to read "Tokyo Ghoul :re" for a while now....

message 27: by Chacha (new)

Chacha (chachacenteno) I've been reading through Blue Exorcist, Grand Guignol Orchestra, Shinobi Life and just finished book 13 of Dawn of the Arcana. I have book 2 for Souless but my "to read" shelf is packed :-)

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (aurone) | 3 comments It is a light novel instead of a manga, but I can't wait for the next volume of Log Horizon to come out. I loved the anime and I really enjoyed the first novel.

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (aurone) | 3 comments Chacha wrote: "I've been reading through Blue Exorcist, Grand Guignol Orchestra, Shinobi Life and just finished book 13 of Dawn of the Arcana. I have book 2 for Souless but my "to read" shelf is packed :-)"

Have you seen The Blue Exorcist anime? If so, how does the manga compare to the anime. I enjoyed the anime but don't know if I want to read the manga.

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura (stereoparade) | 91 comments Waiting for the newest volumes of One Piece, Noragami, Skip Beat!, Kimi ni Todoke, My Love Story!!, Assassination Classroom, Koi Dano Ai Dano (scans) & Bride's Story (whenever that finally comes out).

message 31: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Burnett | 2 comments Waiting to get one piece volumes 41, 42, and 43 to come in from the library.

message 32: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Varnell | 162 comments Heather wrote: "Chacha wrote: "I've been reading through Blue Exorcist, Grand Guignol Orchestra, Shinobi Life and just finished book 13 of Dawn of the Arcana. I have book 2 for Souless but my "to read" shelf is pa..."

I'd recommend reading Blue Exorcist. The manga continues after the anime ends. It'll give you a more conclusive story.

message 33: by Lára (last edited Dec 11, 2015 06:29AM) (new)

Lára  | 184 comments My favourite yaoi manga, Ten Count by Takarai Rihito, is lincesed now and somewhere in January it should be released so I´m waiting for it. Can´t wait to have the book in my hands! I was so excited when I heard about it that I was literally jumping.

message 34: by Zala (new)

Zala I'm thinking about starting Tsubasa reservoir chronicle, but I'm really scared... I've seen a few episodes of the anime (literally I started somewhere in the middle and watched a few) and it was so sad and complex. Is it like that all the time? And: Is it good enough that I won't regret putting myself through all that sadness?

message 35: by Zala (new)

Zala Good to know, thanks ^-^

message 36: by Ikem (new)

Ikem Louis (darkblackknight) | 7 comments So im trying to find this manga and it has a main character male, and the cover is tan and the guy leaves with two fingers in the air. I don't remember the name, so if someone can help me find it that would be great

message 37: by Zala (new)

Zala Do you know anything else about it?

message 38: by Ikem (new)

Ikem Louis (darkblackknight) | 7 comments Zala wrote: "Do you know anything else about it?"
I believe that there is a sort of vampire/succubus girl in it to that he has some sort of past history with

message 39: by Lára (last edited Feb 16, 2016 10:37PM) (new)

Lára  | 184 comments When I´ve read the last volume of Ten Count, I was so excited that I started screaming. I just couldn´t keep it quiet. It was weird because I rarely lose it, unless it´s Black Butler.

So I´m vaiting for Black Butler vol 22 and Ten Count english vol 1. Also, vol 5 of (english) Tokyo Ghoul

Lately, I´ve been losing my composure a lot, because I´ve been buying manga a lot. The problem is that I can´t stop smiling so even when I´m having an exam I´m smiling, and some teachers actually asked me whats funny about their questions.

message 40: by Lára (last edited Mar 03, 2016 04:44PM) (new)

Lára  | 184 comments I always buy the series I love. I just follow scanlations of Ten Count (yaoi manga) and the last 3 chapters made me scream. I actually screamed in public because I was (and still am) so excited that I couldn´t (can´t) keep it to myself. I was literaly jumping in my seat! I can still barely sit still. I just love this manga. Can´t wait for english version to be published.

I believe people thought I was an aslyum escapee. What manga does to people :D
I´ve said so many times I need to stop reading it when not at home but I can´t help it.

message 41: by JJ (new)

JJ | 9 comments I just ordered the omnibus of Angelic Layer. I might wait until the last week of December to read it, so I can count it towards 2017 books. I don't like to read manga online. However, it's the only practical way to read it, especially if it's not translated and published in your country. I find that local libraries don't have a lot to choose from. Also, I prefer to own my own copy. Usually, If I read it online I'll only buy it if I really liked it. I have not read Angelic Layer yet so I'm looking forward to it (especially since I found it really cheap). I also want to read Kobato.

message 42: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela (maka_xo) I am in love with the series horimiya! It's fairly new on the count of it only has 4 volumes out so far ( in the US) but I just want to keep reading it forever!!! The next one comes out tomorrow and I can't wait!! If you guys like high school romcom you will love it.

message 43: by Halima (new)

Halima (hallythemartian) | 10 comments I can't wait to fonally read Holyland and Uzumaki. Also, I heard some rumors that Hunter x Hunter will be updated regularly from now on and I'M SO EXCITED!

message 44: by Kat (new)

Kat (sailercat) I am waiting to read Red River and Basara. ALSO, I'm really interested in reading Nana...(I use to watch the anime) buut I'm hesitant because I know this series is going to be heartbreaking.

message 45: by Tathy (new)

Tathy (twicebookish) I'm waiting to read Pandora Hearts, I've had the first volume for so long and I keep putting off reading it and waiting till I catch up with the volumes I own before I start buying another series. Especially a now completed one.

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Evatt (peerlessscarred) | 20 comments I would really like to read Pandora Hearts but I can't find any volumes after 3. So I have yet to continue it. I also want to try Platinum End as soon as I find the time.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 98 comments I hope to purchase Tomie Deluxe Collection by Junji Ito later today. I'll read it for Tome Topple Readathon.

message 48: by BoMo (new)

BoMo | 2 comments Suki-tte Ii na yo - The last volume. I'm so sad to see this series ending.

message 49: by Raven (new)

Raven (pastexe) | 17 comments Tokyo Ghoul:re!!!!

message 50: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 11 comments Dark-Hunter......

« previous 1