Cozy Mysteries discussion

To My Friends!!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 247 comments HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!

message 2: by Candace (new)

Candace Davidson | 833 comments Mod
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope everyone has a safe and yumtastic day!

message 3: by Candace (new)

I wanted to say that I am thankful for everyone in this group! You guys are cozytastic!

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina | 247 comments Thank you for all that you do for this group Candace!! It is the only Cozy Mystery group I'm in. I enjoy all of the threads on here and have made a whole bunch more friends on Goodreads since joining. Again, THANK YOU!!!

message 5: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson | 106 comments A little late but I agree with all.

message 6: by Candace (new)

Thank you, Christina! :)

message 7: by Candace (new)

We are into 2014 already and I want to Thank each one of you for being in this group! I enjoy sharing the love of cozies with all you! Applause Applause! :)

message 8: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Quigley (jeanneq) | 40 comments Thank you, Candace! I've discovered a few new authors thanks to you.

message 9: by Hal (new)

Hal | 7 comments I am new to the world of cozy mysteries. I have read Alexander McCall Smith's Isabel Dalhousie books and Rhys Bowen's Constable Evan series. I would be very grateful to folks who could suggest similar serial novels.

I am looking for books with a strong sense of characters, characters who develop as the series continues. A dash of humor is most welcome. I don't want any violence or any bodice-ripper type romances. I like gentle stories that are well told and not over written.

message 10: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 63 comments Donna Andrews Meg Lanslow series is one.
Another are Joan Hess Claire Malloy and Arly Hanks. The last has swear words in it.

message 11: by Hal (new)

Hal | 7 comments Thanks for helping a stranger. Will check out your suggestions. I don't mind cursing, but I cannot handle violence/blood/gore.

message 12: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 63 comments The cursing makes the story. The it is set in a hillbilly town. The characters that do the swearing are members of the town. It is very funny. I don't like blood/gore or bedroom scenes.

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina | 247 comments Hal-I sent a friend request to you. You are welcome to look at my shelves and see if any of the books listed would interest you. I love reading cozy so much that it is hard for me to read any other genre right now! I think you will really like this group, everyone in here is so friendly and Candace does an AWESOME job with everything here!

message 14: by Candace (new)

Thank you, Christina!

message 15: by Candace (new)

This group past it's yr anniversary in November. Today is the 1 yr anniversary for the facebook pg I created for this group! Thank you everyone!

message 16: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Quigley (jeanneq) | 40 comments Congratulations, Candace!

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina | 247 comments AWESOME! I can't believe its been over a year! Everyone is so GREAT in this group! HAPPY READING!

message 18: by Randee (new)

Randee Baty Very cool! Congrats!

message 19: by Candace (new)

Thank you everyone!!! ;)

message 20: by ☺Trish (new)

☺Trish Candace wrote: "This group past it's yr anniversary in November. Today is the 1 yr anniversary for the facebook pg I created for this group! Thank you everyone!"
I've found so many new-to-me cozy authors/book series because of the Cozy Mysteries group and its' members recommendations! Happy Anniversary, both here on goodreads (Nov '12) and on facebook (April '13)! Thank you for being a wonderful group Moderator, Candace (and for all of the enjoyable author interviews you've posted)! :D

message 21: by Candace (new)

Thank you, Trish! I like doing the research because I know you guys enjoy it. Also I love reading the interviews myself. I think it's s cool that these authors take time to do it for their fans.