The Readers' Avenue discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Uzma (new)

Uzma A | 1 comments Hi. Something about myself.
Started reading with the usual stuff Enid Blytons, Nancy Drews, the Agatha Christies and PG Wodehouse.
I read all of Jane Austen's novels at age 13 and all the classics in my grandfather's library. About that time also read Jonathan Livingston Seagull which an aunt had lent me. Followed by Shakespeare and George Elliot. These books have inspired me to read.

Then came the sci-fi rage. Mostly Asimov and Heinlein. Next came Frank Herbert, Harry Harrison, David Eddings,Piers Anthony, Anne McCaffrey, Robin Cook,Fred Saberhagen, Mercedes Lackey, Sherri S. Tepper, Janny Wurtz etc.

Then discovered penny dreadfuls or M&Bs. And Daphne Du Maurier, Barbara Cartland, Nora Roberts, Jude Deveroux, Julia Garwood and Catherine Coulter to name a few.
Next it was John Grisham, Anne Rice, Jeffrey Archer, Paulo Coelho, Herman Hesse and Jostein Gaarder phase.

Now I am in a new phase. Currently I am exploring Rumi, Elif Shafaq, Amitav Ghosh,Bapsi Sidwa, Karen Armstrong, Lesley Hazleton and to give in to my sci-fi side, Trudi Canavan.

Needless to say I read like I eat. I love all kinds. That's me in a nutshell!!!

message 2: by Ismaa (new)

Ismaa Khan | 1 comments Uzma wrote: "Hi. Something about myself.
Started reading with the usual stuff Enid Blytons, Nancy Drews, the Agatha Christies and PG Wodehouse.
I read all of Jane Austen's novels at age 13 and all the classic..."

And welcome here too :)

message 3: by Omair (new)

Omair Zeeshan (omairzeeshan) | 1 comments hahaaa, I just saw this group!

message 4: by Nuvaira, Founder , Admin (new)

Nuvaira (veronett) | 7 comments Mod
Omair wrote: "hahaaa, I just saw this group!"
Hey Umair , the group doesn't exist on Facebook anymore but you are welcome here