Expats - The English-speaking French discussion

Books, magazines, & blogs > About this folder...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim If you are an author, blogger, or have a favorite blog related to the francophone world, please share it here.

Only one important rule: The author, book, or blog must be somehow directly related to the francophone world and/or French culture.

You can add your comments or links directly to this thread, or you can start your own topic. Enjoy!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Randall (smange) | 22 comments Mod
I'm so glad I added you as an admin. :)

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Angela wrote: "I'm so glad I added you as an admin. :)"

de rien!

message 4: by Angela (new)

If you have an expat blog, I'll add it to a combined RSS feed if you like. Details here:
http://vegemitecroissant.com/2014/07/...

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Francis | 1 comments Hi everybody! I joined your group recently, as I lived in south west France for several years. Having just published my travel memoir, 'Bonjour Darling' by Heather Francis, on Amazon I thought it might be something your members would enjoy reading. A quote from a recent review describes it thus....

"This is truly a delightful read. With an array of memorable characters, it gives a warm and heartfelt account of their time and adventures in Southwest France. Written in a style that is humorous and easy it flows effortlessly from one adventure to another, and you become immersed in the way of Village life." Rated 5 Stars

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bonjour-Darli...

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Bonjour everyone. I'm new to the group but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a book (romantic, comedic, historical fiction, mystery) set in France?
I read Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins by Stephanie Perkins Stephanie Perkins and I didn't care for it.

Thank you all.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 4 comments Hi everyone. I am Carol Anne Dobson. My children both followed Higher Education in France and my daughter and grandchildren now live in French-speaking Belgium. My grandchildren speak French as their first language. I have a strong interest in France.
I am a reader/author. I have written Storks in a Blue Sky, a historical romance which is set partly in England and partly in Alsace, France. The hero is French.

message 8: by Gai (new)

Gai Reid | 1 comments bonjour, My name is Gai Reid, I am a dedicated Francophile living on Australia's Gold Coast and visiting France when I can. I have recently published my first book "Postcards from France", a travel narrative with a twist. I also have a blog of the same name. I like to say that the next best thing to being in France is reading about France or writing about France. I also love to share French experiences, it somehow prolongs the enjoyment. If you're curious, merci, my book is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...+

message 9: by Angela (new)

Your book looks great, Gai. Thanks for sharing!

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 4 comments Hi Gai. Best of luck with the book.

message 11: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Johnston (gsjohnston) | 1 comments Angela suggested a put a post here - I wanted to let you all know of a French novel I have just published, The Cast of a Hand. It is based on a true story concerning a serial killer at the end of the Second Empire.

At dawn on the outskirts of Paris in 1869, Hortense Kinck lies buried alive and surrounded by five of her children. Violently attacked, tormented and trapped, she sifts through the truths and deceits of her marriage to self-made industrialist, Jean Kinck. Why had he lied?

France, snug in the prosperity of Napoleon III’s Second Empire, is shocked by the vicious destruction of the bourgeois Kinck family. Under pressure from his superiors, the Chief of Police, Monsieur Claude, must unravel the baffling connections between the family and a mysterious young man, Jean-Baptiste Troppmann, a cold case, a famous palmist and France’s rising tide of dissatisfaction with the Emperor Napoleon III.

The Cast of a Hand is an unforgettable love story and a murder mystery based on one of the most shocking crimes of 19th century Paris.

The novel interweaves and cross-pollinates the two narratives, both desperately trying to arrive at the truth.

If this whets your appetite -
http://www.amazon.com/Cast-Hand-Murde...

And there'll be a giveway next week through Goodreads.

message 12: by Angela (new)

That book looks dark, but interesting. :)

Expats - The English-speaking French

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Anna and the French Kiss (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephanie Perkins (other topics)