The Host (The Host, #1) The Host discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alessandra In my opinion the film is better, I find Stephanie's writing style to be quite childish sometimes. However I would recommend that you do read the book as there are somethings in the book that are left out of the film and I know if I hadn't read the book they would not have made sense.

Hope that helps :)

Sabine Reed I have read the book, but have not seen the movie. I thought it was a fast read, extremely suspenseful. I don't know what the experience would be like for you since you have already seen the movie, but it's a good story. I would recommend you read it.

message 3: by Bridgette (last edited Nov 28, 2013 08:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bridgette I read the book and then saw the movie. I don't want to crash on anyone else's point but in both half of it was just looking around talking to someone(thing) that nobody else could see. If you want to read the book, then go for it! :) But don't be too disappointed if... Yeah... I agree with Alessandra, lots was left out of the movie.

Erin O'Riordan I'm a fan of Stephenie Meyer's storytelling, but I got bored by the book. It's full of waiting, just...waiting. The movie is better; it gets the essential stuff and skips the boring stuff. I'm a big advocate of reading - and I usually will even read a book after I saw the movie - but in this rare case, I say you can safely skip the book UNLESS you just want to be able to say you've read everything Stephenie Meyer has published.

Speciale Destinee This book sucked. It really did. Almost as bad a the 2 hr. long movie.