Young Adult Reader Club discussion

June's Books > The Golden Compass Discussion * NO SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
The world of the Golden Compass is very interesting place indeed.

How did you feel while you were reading this book?

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle1105) | 57 comments I loved this book even with all my reservations to read it in the first place. Since all I had heard about the series was that it involved killing God I really was not that excited to read it. However I finally did and I'm so glad I did because honestly I dont think that's whats important in the book at all. I think the important thing is the adventure and the journey Lyra is going through. It was one of those books that was so intriguing I couldn't wait to turn the page.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started this book. I will let you guys know what I thought when I finish it! :)

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
I feel the same way Michelle,I had heard a bunch of different things about this book,so I had been putting it off. I'm really glad I read it and I am excited to continue in the series.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

So far so good. I really didn't like the movie, but the book is actually sucking me in! :)

message 6: by Min (new)

Min (minbuchanan) I've read the whole series and I have to say this one wasn't my favorite, but it was enough for me to continue on. My absolute favorite of the series was The Subtle Knife. It is by far the best of the three. So I would encourage everyone to at least read that far into it. : )

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle1105) | 57 comments I agree with you Mindy. The Subtle Knife is by far my favorite of the three but I really enjoyed the whole series. I also didn't enjoy he movie that much Linda but the books are far better. Especially the ending. Totally different!!! The movie would have been so much better if they at least got the ending right.

message 8: by Min (new)

Min (minbuchanan) Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the movies either. But I thought the casting was excellent. Too bad they didn't do a very good job at story telling.