Cozy Mysteries discussion

Off topic discussions > Happy Turkey Day!!!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Just wanted to wish all my American book friends (no matter what country you're living in) a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm determined to get Australia hooked into this, our best, holiday, so the turkey is in the oven and I'm madly house cleaning before the guests arrive.

I hope everyone celebrating has a wonderful, food-filled, safe Thanksgiving. May your turkey be moist and your wine glass be full. :)

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 152 comments If you do get Australia interested, please don't introduce Black Friday, as well.

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Thanks Jennifer. Happy Thanksgiving back at ya!

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnali) | 524 comments Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm doing my bit to bring the US holiday Down Under this weekend. I hope the cool change hangs around!

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Lynn wrote: "Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm doing my bit to bring the US holiday Down Under this weekend. I hope the cool change hangs around!"

I'm thankful for the cool change while I've had the oven on, but we were hoping to have dinner outside tonight - we can definitely scratch that! lol.... Now to fit 8 people in our rather tight lounge/kitchen/dining room. :D

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Happy Thanksgiving, wherever you may be! Got my pies baked and just have to make up the rolls in the morning!

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (mysterywriter) | 201 comments Much to be thankful for--including the wonderful Cozy Mysteries community here at Goodreads!

Wherever you are and whatever you're celebrating, here's wishing you an enjoyable day!

message 8: by E.L. (new)

E.L. (elouisebates) Happy Thanksgiving, friends! Our first Thanksgiving that we aren't traveling. I'm VERY thankful for that.

message 9: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3842 comments Mod
Happy Thanksgiving to all and from USA! Cold here and we're introducing Black Friday...

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Marisa wrote: "Happy Thanksgiving to all and from USA! Cold here and we're introducing Black Friday..."

Oh! That's unfortunate! lol... Seems wrong that you don't get the turkey day but you get the awful shopping blitz friday.

message 11: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 1196 comments Happy Thanksgiving to everyone whether you celebrate or not!

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Weber (tracywe) | 345 comments It's happy tofu day for us vegetarians. But having a fun night at home hanging out with my puppy-girl and husband!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2445 comments I am a veggie too :)

message 14: by Marla (new)

Marla Bradeen (mbradeen) | 3 comments Happy Thanksgiving all, and Happy Tofurky Day to Tracy and Heidi. All you Black Friday haters might want to check out Read Tuesday instead.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Weber (tracywe) | 345 comments I didn't know about Read Tuesday. This is going up on my Facebook Page right now!

message 16: by Marla (new)

Marla Bradeen (mbradeen) | 3 comments This is the first I've heard of it too, Tracy. I'm not sure how well-known it is, but I'm hoping it grows since it seems like a good event.

message 17: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Weber (tracywe) | 345 comments I just went to the web site. The cool thing is that participating books will be discounted for that day only, and the discounts have to be greater than normal. So there will probably be some good deals to be had. My book isn't out until January, so I can't participate this year, but I hope my publisher will let me do so next year.

message 18: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Weber (tracywe) | 345 comments Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * wrote: "I am a veggie too :)"

Always good to hear from another vegetarian on Thanksgiving. ;-)

message 19: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 18277 comments Mod
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I also had never heard of Read Tuesday. Will have to share that link!