Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Half Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout → Start Date: December 2, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Please join Gisbelle, Vicki, Silvia and I for the first book in the Covenant series! :D

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay!! I'm excited to read this first book in the series!

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes! It's a re-read for me, but I forgot too much of it to read Pure. So I need a refresher! :D

message 4: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Yay. I'm excited too. I really loved Obsidian so we'll see if this one makes me smile and burst out with comments that need many exclamation points.

message 5: by Janessa (new)

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I've been wanting to read this forever. Definitely count me in. :)

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Awesome! We'll start this one tomorrow

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, starting this one tomorrow. YAY!

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Man, oh man! LOTS of action in the beginning of the story. Wow! I'm only in chapter 2, but it's full of action. Armentrout is such a good author!

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes! I do remember that! And Aiden is a sweety! :D

Are we doing 5 chapters and then post?

message 10: by Vicki (last edited Dec 02, 2013 02:09PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That sounds good to me, but this one has been a slow read for me even though it's action packed.

My sweet best-dog-ever Buddy died this morning. :o( He was 13 years old.

I've been teaching grammar today to the freshmen. LOL Oh my, oh my! I'm "teaching" pronouns (he, she, it, ourselves, etc.) and their antecedents (the nouns those pronouns refer to). It the sentence says, "The children ate their crackers and soup, and they loved it." The pronoun "they" would refer to the antecedent "children." Some kids are so clueless they'll put the antecedent (which must be a noun or pronoun) as "ate" or "loved" or even "the." It's so frustrating! These kids begin learning nouns and pronouns in 2nd grade and by 9th they don't know anything because the teachers don't continue to teach it. In our district we have a common final and it includes 25 questions on parts of speech and sentence types, etc. Ugh...

So I got in just a little reading time today (still at work), but it still seems like a slow read. LOL

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished chapter 2 (don't think I'll read more until tomorrow)

So (view spoiler)

message 12: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Well, I started this read a little late. I only read 3 chapters today. Tomorrow will be a better day.

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I have to go pick up my copy today and I'll start later! :D

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I finished ch. 3 last night, and I'm really liking it. So far it doesn't surpass the other book in this BoB. That's a pretty tall order, but it's definitely good. I'll see how it is after I've read more.

I can't do spoilers but I'll say I love how feisty Alex is, but she's gonna mess things up if she's not careful. Lol

Lea I can't stand so far!

message 15: by Vicki (last edited Dec 03, 2013 11:35AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments -Finished with chapter 6:

Alexandria/Alex: (view spoiler)

Aiden: (view spoiler)

Lea: (view spoiler)

Marcus: (view spoiler)

Caleb: (view spoiler)

Deacon: (view spoiler)

Thea: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished with chapter 10. WOWZER!

Lucian: (view spoiler)

Seth: (view spoiler)

A couple of times now it has been said that Alex is going to (view spoiler)

message 17: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki, I just finished chapter 10 as well. My words "I knew it!"

Seth.... my goodness. That man sounded so freakishly hot. I hope he plays a much bigger role in this story. The story only just got interesting.

I will have to read your spoilers tomorrow. I'm not able to view them on my nook and I have to learn how to do spoiler tags.

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Silvia, it gets MUCH MORE interesting and mysterious! There is SO much that I want to say and predict and hope for! LOL

I'll post in a bit when I am able to finish through ch. 15. OMG this is getting SO good!

message 19: by Silvia (last edited Dec 04, 2013 10:47AM) (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Finished chapter 2 (don't think I'll read more until tomorrow)

So [spoilers removed]"

Gisbelle, I totally agree. I couldn't help but doze off a few times.

message 20: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "-Finished with chapter 6:

Alexandria/Alex: [spoilers removed]

Aiden: [spoilers removed]

Lea: [spoilers removed]

Marcus: [spoilers removed]

Caleb: [spoilers removed]

Deacon: [spoilers removed]..."

I agree on all of these. I love your bio of Deacon. That was awesome!

message 21: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "Finished with chapter 10. WOWZER!

Lucian: [spoilers removed]

Aiden: [spoilers removed]

Seth: [spoilers removed]

A couple of times now it has been said that Alex is going to [spoilers removed]"

Well, in regards to that oracle prophesy. I think it is Aiden. But, I also think that there will be crazy twists and turns with that story. We'll see how this pans out.

message 22: by Vicki (last edited Dec 04, 2013 12:12PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished with ch. 15

OMG so many twists and unpredicted things happening!

Tattoos: (view spoiler)

Aiden and Alex: (view spoiler)

message 23: by Vicki (last edited Dec 04, 2013 01:23PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I almost lost the above post so starting here with more just in case.

Lea's family: (view spoiler)

Alex's mother: (view spoiler)

Seth and Alex: (view spoiler)

End of ch. 15: (view spoiler)

message 24: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "Finished with ch. 15

OMG so many twists and unpredicted things happening!

Tattoos: [spoilers removed]

Aiden and Alex: [spoilers removed]"

Well, so far, I just finished Chapter 11. Here's what I got from it. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "I almost lost the above post so starting here with more just in case.

Seth: [spoilers removed]

Lucian: [spoilers removed]

Lea's family: [spoilers removed]

Alex's mother: [spoilers removed]

Set..."

OMG. I shouldn't have read those spoilers!!!! I must read!!!!

message 26: by Vicki (last edited Dec 04, 2013 01:55PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh no! NEVER read the spoilers unless you don't mind finding out what happens before you've read it. I'm sorry! I thought the same thing about Seth and Alex, but (view spoiler)

message 27: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments I know. I just couldn't help myself. haha. I just finished reading Ch. 13. This statement was powerful (view spoiler) *jaw fell to the floor*

message 28: by Vicki (last edited Dec 04, 2013 05:56PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Silvia wrote: "I know. I just couldn't help myself. haha. I just finished reading Ch. 13. This statement was powerful [spoilers removed] *jaw fell to the floor*"

Yes! I almost commented on that one line, too, but I guess I forget. OMG, Silvia, it is SO freaking intense!

Ch. 16-17 are both SPOILERS!! Resist temptation! LOL

Ch. 16: (view spoiler)

Ch. 17: FULL OF ACTION!!! OMG KIND!!! (view spoiler)

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Finished chapter 2 (don't think I'll read more until tomorrow)

So [spoilers removed]"

Gis, I had begun this book a while back and I also felt confused and quit in the middle of Ch. 1. But since the four of us had decided to buddy read it I was determined to read it. I LOVE this book!!! It is really full of action and it isn't as confusing as it seems at first. I really do hope that you decide to finish it. I hope Kathy reads it, too. I'd love to hear both your thoughts on this one.

message 30: by Janessa (new)

Janessa King (janessaking) | 104 comments I've read 6-7 chapters so far, and it's really good. I love Alex's personality. :)

Vicki, I'm sorry to hear about Buddy. :( I had a dog about 10 years ago named Buddy too. May yours rest in peace. <3

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awe, thank you, Janessa. He was the best dog!! I have two other dogs but none could beat him. We were really blessed when we chose him put of a litter of 12. Lol

message 32: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments OMG. I just finished chapter 15. I don't want to call it a night, but I have to. I got work in the morning. Dang it!

WTF is going on? S o much I want to say, but I can't. I can't do spoilers on my nook. WHY?????? *crying like a baby*

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I didn't get to read much yesterday and just now I'm finished with chapter 5. It seems to be coming back to me and I'm reading the spoilers too so that helps! lol!!

I don't like how the pures treat the halfs! I mean (view spoiler)

I'll read more later.

message 34: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I finished last night. I'd read the spoilers after reading the chapters I listed or you'll definitely have your reading spoiled! The story has SO much action and things happen that I really didn't want to happen! Unexpected things, too.

I of all people understand lack of reading time! Lol No worries!

message 35: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "I finished last night. I'd read the spoilers after reading the chapters I listed or you'll definitely have your reading spoiled! The story has SO much action and things happen that I really didn't ..."

Vicki, so how good was it? Did the story just keep getting better and better? (view spoiler)

message 36: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "I didn't get to read much yesterday and just now I'm finished with chapter 5. It seems to be coming back to me and I'm reading the spoilers too so that helps! lol!!

I don't like how the pures trea..."

I read your spoiler but won't comment as to how close or off you are. LOL

Yes, it just gets better and better, but I'm not flipped over the ending. :o(

Okay, I realize now that this is your second read for Half-Blood since you've already rated it. LOL I'd be curious to know if you get any different meaning out of it or understand it differently or any better the second time around.

message 37: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Silvia wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I finished last night. I'd read the spoilers after reading the chapters I listed or you'll definitely have your reading spoiled! The story has SO much action and things happen that I ..."

Yes, it gets better and better; however, I wasn't flipped over the ending.

message 38: by Vicki (last edited Dec 05, 2013 10:58AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I was too tired to post things last night. I pushed myself to read the last 10 pages just because I was so tire, even though I finished at 11:40 I was SO ready for bed! LOL

These SPOILERS cover the ending too!

Alex and Aiden: (view spoiler)

Alex: (view spoiler)

Daniel and Eric: (view spoiler)

Alex's mom: (view spoiler)

Apollyn: (view spoiler)

message 39: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "I was too tired to post things last night. I pushed myself to read the last 10 pages just because I was so tire, even though I finished at 11:40 I was SO ready for bed! LOL

These SPOILERS cover th..."

Aw man!! Temptation is a biatch! I am strong. I will not peak. =0) *in pain*

message 40: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Silvia wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I was too tired to post things last night. I pushed myself to read the last 10 pages just because I was so tire, even though I finished at 11:40 I was SO ready for bed! LOL

These SPO..."

That's my girl, Silvia!!! Do NOT peek!! Be STRONG like BULL! LOL

message 41: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments 10 chapters in

Lucian (view spoiler)

Aiden (view spoiler)

Seth (view spoiler)

Her mom (view spoiler)

message 42: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy, I SO agree with your spoiler on Lucian. I LOVE how you described him as a (view spoiler) OMG you had me in stitches!!!

Your second spoiler on my "claim" is only indicative of what a GREAT friend you are!! LOL

Agree with your spoiler on Seth 100%

Agreed with your last spoiler too except that (view spoiler)

message 43: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Kathy wrote: "10 chapters in

Lucian [spoilers removed]

Kathy, your description of Lucian was PERFECT! (view spoiler)

message 44: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Vicki wrote: "Kathy, I SO agree with your spoiler on Lucian. I LOVE how you described him as a [spoilers removed] OMG you had me in stitches!!!

Your second spoiler on my "claim" is only indicative of what a GRE..."

Ditto! Well said, Vicki. =0)

message 45: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Silvia wrote: "Kathy wrote: "10 chapters in

Lucian [spoilers removed]

Kathy, your description of Lucian was PERFECT! [spoilers removed]"

Right? Disgusting! LOL

message 46: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments 15 chapters in

Alex (view spoiler)

Aiden (view spoiler)

Alex's mom (view spoiler)

message 47: by Kathy (last edited Dec 06, 2013 05:30PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Vicki wrote: "Kathy, I SO agree with your spoiler on Lucian. I LOVE how you described him as a [spoilers removed] OMG you had me in stitches!!!

Your second spoiler on my "claim" is only indicative of what a GRE..."

Vicki, I'm always good for a laugh and sometimes at my own expense!! lol!! :D

You're pretty great too! :D

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm done!

I think I liked it the same as before, but I also liked Seth more this time around for some reason. I just remember (view spoiler)

Lucian (view spoiler)

Marcus (view spoiler)

Alex's mom (view spoiler)

Apollyon (view spoiler)

I can't wait to read Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 49: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY! I'm glad you are finished! :o)

Your first spoiler is right on. And don't worry, I'll be happy to "talk you down." LOL

Apollyn spoiler...I already forgot them. LOL I'll have to go on my NOOK and do a find. lOL

Okay, when shall we set up a buddy read? Haha!

message 50: by Kathy (last edited Dec 06, 2013 09:09PM) (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments We already have one set up! :D

here is the thread

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pure (other topics)