You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Group Themed Reads: Preparation > December 2013 - Books Announced!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1039 comments Books for December will be

The Snow Child

and/or

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Gallagher (juliagallagher) | 140 comments Oh, I've already read both of these. I really enjoyed both though!

message 3: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1039 comments Feel free to read any other book that fits the theme and join us in the any book thread Julia.

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47169 comments Julia wrote: "Oh, I've already read both of these. I really enjoyed both though!"

You are also welcome to discuss the books with the group as long as you remember them well enough to discuss them. You will receive a badge for having read and participated in the discussion.

I have also read both books and intend to discuss them. I'm looking forward to others' comments.

message 5: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18116 comments It looks like a Snowy December then! I've not read either of them but The Snow Child was on my wishlist so I have just purchased it on kindle as it is only 99p (Amazon UK) at the moment. Looking forward to discussing it.

message 6: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments Oooh I really enjoyed Snow Child too. Snow flower is on my tbr but I doubt I will bother to get it from the library. Although I won't be finishing my alphabet so I could... *ponders to herself * I do have others on Norman that would fit so I ought to read those first as he is fit to burst.

message 7: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14594 comments Yay! Finally a reason to start reading the Snow Child. I really enjoy the book discussions with multiple people :)

message 8: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4134 comments I have placed snow flower on hold at the library. I am first so I may get it on time.

message 9: by Kirila (new)

Kirila | 612 comments I also requested my copy of The Snow Child from the library. It should arrive latest in a week :) I checked the first few pages on Amazon to decide which book I want to read and I really liked the style of writing. Sounds promising!

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments The Snow Child has been on my TBR for months and months so I am looking forward to reading and discussing it with you all :)

message 11: by Julia (new)

Julia Gallagher (juliagallagher) | 140 comments I'll definitely come by for the discussions! I remember really wanting to discuss the Snow Child when I read it.

message 12: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments The Snow Child looks appealing to me, so I've ordered it from the library.

message 13: by LRM (new)

LRM | 6 comments Hello - I am new here, and I had a question for those of you who have read The Snow Child. It looks interesting, but would you say it is a sad book or overall uplifting? Not looking for spoilers! Just not sure I am up for a sad tale right now. I would like to participate in the group, but may prefer to read something else. If this is a sad book, maybe I will try the cozy mystery thread for this month. Thanks!

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47169 comments Welcome to the group, LRM.

message 15: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16709 comments Welcome LRM. Hope you find something to meet your reading cravings at this stage, whether it's the Snow Child or a cozy!

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann (disciple45) Have Snowflower and the Secret Fan physically on my shelf here at home! Will be starting it soon!

message 17: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14594 comments LRM, I just read the first 3 chapters of the Snow Child and it starts off quite sad. I'll let you know if if changes, I hope it does!

message 18: by LRM (new)

LRM | 6 comments Thanks for the welcome Janice and Rusalka!
Peggy - I have read the first 2 Chapters and it does start sad, but interesting - and I like the writing. Thanks for letting me know!

message 19: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14594 comments I'm about 25% through now and it gets less sad :)

I'm curious to hear your thoughts in the discussion, if you decide to read the whole book.