Everything Booklikes & Leafmarks discussion

Archive of old topics > Happy Chanukah! Thanksgiving Thursday is also new feature Thursday

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Petra thinks dating is, sadly, a waste of time (petra-x) I wonder what 'candy' we are going to get on BL tomorrow? I think it will be a 'post' button on comments and... not sure.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy Thanksgiving :)

I still hope for more (easier) customization. I've been disappointed with recent rollouts (yes, I'm spoiled - how'd you guess?)

message 3: by Sandra (last edited Nov 27, 2013 05:40PM) (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 27 comments *rubs hands gleefully*

LOVED the PM feature we got last week!! Would love to see a librarian feature.

ETA: Happy Turkey Day to all.

message 4: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) Even though it is a holiday in the US it isn't in Poland! Our gain.

message 5: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Nov 27, 2013 09:28PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 445 comments Well, I hope the librarian access comes after they have a book database/catalog with all of a work's reviews and editions consolidated--unless they need librarians to help with that consolidation (which still means they need to decide how they want to consolidate the book data and what edits members will be allowed to do). So that request for librarian access might be a little early.

I'm hoping they move some stuff out of the way for writing and editing review and blog posts.

I spend more time trying to get around the green ask for help tab that leans over left side of your review space. Plus once text or image is highlighted, trying to maneuver around the cut/bold/italic popup bar to click the url link or image edit settings is nearly impossible. Just a wee bit of space below menu bar and repositioning the ask for help tag.

A zillion things to be done for group features. An easy way to see your friends' reviews. Being able to backup or export at least your book/shelf data.

Not that I'm complaining about any Thursday new feature or that I won't be thrilled with whatever they do. Those are just what come to mind today. And I think it's amazing that they have a site improvement every Thursday.

(The site changes goodreads has been making the past couple of months are just awful from a member standpoint. From not making sitewide announcements for things impacting member book catalogs, to author's now being able to flag librarian edits, to so-called mobile site improvement that basically meant advertisements now display, to suddenly able again to make sitewide announcements to advertise kindle products, to whatever the hell they are or are not doing with notifications testing to feedback members or rolling out sitewide [umm...sorry, a randomly inserted staff comment on one of the notification bug threads of "Surprise! New design." doesn't do it for me, particularly compared to booklikes announcing and explaining their member-oriented new features]).

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 445 comments Fish Lips wrote: "I wonder what 'candy' we are going to get on BL tomorrow? I think it will be a 'post' button on comments and... not sure.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends here."

Oh, yes, please, yes. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shift-enter on my iPad (or other touchscreen devices). I wind up deleting and redoing comments in an outside editor and copying back over.

message 7: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) And booklikes doesn't disappoint with a whole bunch of goodies. It's really nice to belong to a social network that gives you something new EVERY Thursday instead of a takeaway on Friday.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 27 comments I'm mobile right now. What did we get?

message 9: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Nov 28, 2013 11:24AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 445 comments Reading status, reply improvement in discussion rooms, pm improvement (searching, paging and deleting messages), tags for discussion room posts, notifications/new on discussion room posts, and something about seeing reviews of a book that I don't understand yet. If your mobile can visit link it's at

http://blog.booklikes.com/post/714922...

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 27 comments Thanks, D.A. I escaped the kitchen long enough to fire up the PC.

Petra thinks dating is, sadly, a waste of time (petra-x) Sandra wrote: "I'm mobile right now. What did we get?"

I don't know what you got but I got a doughnut with pumpkin pie filling on the inside thus celebrating Chanukah and Thanksgiving. It might not be my Thanksgiving but that delicious invention was given to me by an American and so I am giving thanks too. Actually she gave me two, so double thanks.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 27 comments Fish Lips wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I'm mobile right now. What did we get?"

I don't know what you got but I got a doughnut with pumpkin pie filling on the inside thus celebrating Chanukah and Thanksgiving. It might n..."

You crack me up. I got a pork loin in the slow cooker, a special version of green bean casserole waiting to heat, and a pumpkin pie in the fridge. With canned whipped cream bc lazy.

Enjoy the doughnuts!!

Sandi - Protester of Goofreads (sfussner) Fish Lips wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I'm mobile right now. What did we get?"

I don't know what you got but I got a doughnut with pumpkin pie filling on the inside thus celebrating Chanukah and Thanksgiving. It might n..."

Oh, yum!

message 14: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Nov 28, 2013 01:55PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 445 comments In message 9, the book review stuff on Thursday new features was me being confused. It was old stuff booklikes put in the "tips" section that I already knew (possibly they added in response to all the questions and feature suggestions about book data and locating reviews they were getting).

Petra thinks dating is, sadly, a waste of time (petra-x) D.A. - just one more game ☺ - wrote: "In message 9, the book review stuff on Thursday new features was me being confused. It was old stuff booklikes out in the "tips" section that I already knew (possibly they added in response to all..."

Didn't work anyway. Never mind it gave an update feature to people who do that. Something for someone if not everyone, every week.

I wish I had some more doughnuts. But canned whipped cream is an abomination. It turns up in all but the most expensive restaurants these days. But if they don't bring your coffee the same time as the pudding, the cream has sort of melted into an oversweet puddle by the time it does arrive. Still any cream is better than no cream. And you can always eat aerosol cream straight from the container in the middle of the night and blame someone else for it being empty in the morning.

message 16: by Nospin (new)

Nospin | 5 comments Fish Lips wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I'm mobile right now. What did we get?"

Sounds absolutely divine!