Film Wannabes discussion

Melancholy movies ? Romance? > Melancholy/ Romance?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
How would you judge the romance movies nowadays? Do you see them as too mushy, or just plain awesome?

Discuss! ^^

message 2: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments I think it varies. Some directors are out to get a quick buck so they out out crappy romance movies. But here have been some okay ones. The deep blue sea is an AMAZING film that just killed me.
I think all genres have the potential to be great,it's just about execution.

message 3: by Ray (last edited Jan 28, 2014 12:24PM) (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Desiree wrote: "I think it varies. Some directors are out to get a quick buck so they out out crappy romance movies. But here have been some okay ones. The deep blue sea is an AMAZING film that just killed me.
I ..."

Agreed

Twilight and that Tekken adaptation that I told you about earlier would have been so much better if they had better directors, producers, actors, and script writers. Seems like the script in Twilight was terrible - some things you can't say in a movie that you can say in a book. It just comes out cheesy and corny and results in the audience missing the true meaning of how much that character loved someone or how they felt about a certain situation. I really didn't like Bella's acting mainly because of the script - who CAN make that sound good? I think script writing is probably the most important jobs in producing a movie.

ALso with Tekken (You know hielskdjf) SOME PEOPLE (*cough* Chuck Norris's son *cough*) need to stay true to the original storyline - when people go to a movie to see an adaptation of their favorite book, manga, or video game, they don't expect to see some twisted fan fiction of the sort! UGH! Everything was wrong - that's just like making Bella fight the basilisk in a chamber that leads from a haunted girl's bathroom. And Bella is actually a boy who doesn't like Edward who is in fact a werewolf and lives in a space ship while eating only seafood. ??? Yup that's exactly how that tekken movie was- I can't believe I wasted 13 dollars on that junk!

message 4: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments I agree, a bad script is such a sad thing cause is makes everything else suck. So much. There's no excuse for bad script writing when Hollywood + film execs have the best at their disposal. Maybe they underestimate their importance or something.
And while the Twilight books weren't perfect (rarely anything is tbh) i actually enjoyed them. I think people were so quick to jump on the bandwagon of hatred and I can't pretend that the fact that Twilight was geared towards middle school girls wasn't the reason why. Young girls are like the most hated group of people in america. I think people reacted way too harshly to twilight, it was immature really.

Aw I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with that movie; they really should make it explicitly obvious if they're going to deviate that much from the original source, but i guess they want to attract as many people as they can. It's no excuse though. And every time you mention your hatred for chuck norris it makes me laugh so much :P
What was the fan reaction to Tekken? Besides yours :)

message 5: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Desiree wrote: "I agree, a bad script is such a sad thing cause is makes everything else suck. So much. There's no excuse for bad script writing when Hollywood + film execs have the best at their disposal. Maybe t..."

I know - Twilight wasn't THAT bad and people did react to it as if it were the plague - constantly comparing it to other movies (Harry Potter)

Tekken to other people besides myself - no one liked it because it was so twisted rlly. They made the main character a sleezeball :( but in truth he's so modest :( half of the movie was derogatory and inappropriate - degrading towards women and in all truth made no sense - each character had a different role from the original- like Severus Snape is a mailman and took control of Hogwarts in the end. It was pretty bad. LOL there was no uproar of the movie in theaters - it went to DVD so fast :D That's what Chuck Norris gets!!! LOL

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/37692638...

message 6: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments Oh my god that chuck Norris pic :P cracked me up so much.
And man I could understand your frustration. That sounds so horrible. So messed up. Did the crew ever comment on it?

message 7: by Ray (last edited Feb 06, 2014 07:22AM) (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
It was rlly crappy, but I haven't heard of anyone commenting on it though. idk. I should see if there is :)

message 8: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments Yeah. Hopefully they didn't make as much money as they wanted.