Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Am I the only one who was crying at thee end of this book?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Madi O.S I was just wondering if I am the only one who was crying when she almost had to kill Four?

Ella No, you weren't. I cried after I finished Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant, so yeah... Oh, and I was also devastated when I found out Allegiant wasn't out yet, and I had to wait a couple months!

Madi O.S OK thanks I was just making sure I wasn't crazy because my friends read divergent and Insurgent and they didn't cry during either of them. I cried during the whole series. I think I cried the most during Allegiant.

Marie Flores I don't know if me and my friends are weird but we didn't really cry reading the the first two series.. We were like always giggling whenever there's a FOURTRIS moments, But Allegiant.. I'm afraid to read that book. They told me it's really heartbreaking and that I'll never move on after I read that. I really love the character of Tobias! <3 Cold but warm.. If you know what I mean.

Madi O.S You should read Allegiant. It's a really good book even if it is very sad. You will get over the sadness at some point. I think Allegiant is the saddest out of all three books. I could be the weird one, though I cry a lot during books. Like I cried in my sisters keeper, the fault in our stars, the hunger games series, Dear john and all three books in divergent.

Ella Marie wrote: "I don't know if me and my friends are weird but we didn't really cry reading the the first two series.. We were like always giggling whenever there's a FOURTRIS moments, But Allegiant.. I'm afraid ..."

Lol, my friends and I did the same :) I'm still not over Allegiant yet, and I read it in October, and it's December now... You'll get over it one day. For me, that day hasn't come yet! But, you shouldn't be afraid to read it! It really is heartbreaking, but you should still read it... :)

Madi O.S Ya and it's really good!

Marie Kessler-Kaminski nope youre officially crazy!

Madi O.S Re-Re wrote: "nope youre officially crazy!"
So your saying you never cried during divergent?

Fatema i only cried during allegiant when tris died

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

So I haven't read allegiant, cos I live in Finland. The book isn't out over here yet. Few days ago I wen't to tumblr and saw a post about how Tris dies. I bursted into tears.... I NEED ALLEGIANT NOW!

message 12: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily I cried in the middle of Divergent. And 3/4 the way through. But not at the end.

message 13: by Madi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madi O.S Oh well me crying at the end says nothing because I cried at the end of a lot of books.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Madi wrote: "Oh well me crying at the end says nothing because I cried at the end of a lot of books."

same with me :D

message 15: by Madi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madi O.S But most of the books are actually sad.

Sarah Marie wrote: "I don't know if me and my friends are weird but we didn't really cry reading the the first two series.. We were like always giggling whenever there's a FOURTRIS moments, But Allegiant.. I'm afraid ..."

I didn't cry in the first two books either, but the third one ripped my heart out. I couldn't read a book for like two weeks after I finished because every time I picked one up I thought about how the series ended. So prepare yourself if you decide to read it.

Samira Remal I did cry after reading the 3rd book! It was just so sad because one of the reasons Tris and Tobias were trying to fix everything (factions and "genetic damage") was so they could end up together and be happy! The 3rd book didn't make me hate Divergent or anything but yes it was sad but I still love the series and how Veronica Roth writes. FOURTRIS FOR LIFE <3

Ashli Cavener I have read only Divergent and Insurgent. I am waiting to get Allegiant. So for what i read, ive cried about ten times in total. i cry in every book i read so its no surprise that i cried in these books!!!:)

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America I cried in Allegiant!
divergent, insurgent, allegiant all online: http://www.divergent.asia/

message 20: by Kitty (new)

Kitty Kat I absolutely bawled my eyes out through all three and especially when Tris died. I was heartbroken and I am definitely not over her death but I do see why Veronica did kill her, she sacrificed herself for her brother although he had made mistakes and betrayed her she still loved him. And Veronica did say something along the lines of "Tris has been on too long of a journey and she didn't want her to save the day and go off into the sunset with Tobias and she felt that Tris deserved better than that" I still wonder why she thinks that Tris deserved better than that, I am kind of hoping that in the movie of Allegiant that Tris lives but I doubt they will do that.

Elmina I cried a lot while reading divergent and when I finished the book I couldn't believe it so I cried again. Then I started re-reading it and warched the movie which only made it worse. Don't know how to handle insurgent and especially allegiant after all I heard :o

message 22: by Tris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tris prior i wasnt crying when i read the ending, i bawled my eyes out!!!! i couldnt even read the epilogue! i threw the book at my wall. i read it at nigt, i couldnt sleep at all! i still cry when i thnk about it too much,

i read on a post from veronica roth that three years after tris dies tobias falls in love wih cristina

I've always HATED christina! but now i totally despise her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica AT THE END OF EACH BOOK I WAS CRYING
WARNING DO NOT READ THE LAST BOOK YOU WILL HAVE A MELTDOWN LIKE ME.
I AM STILL CRYING EVEN THOUGH IT IS THE NEXT DAYAllegiant