The Challenge Factory discussion

I Love the Earl (The Truth About the Duke, #0.5)
This topic is about I Love the Earl
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Christina & Gea - I Love the Earl

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5837 comments Mod
Christina & Gea - I Love the Earl

Christina T (crysteena73) | 750 comments Gea, when would you like to start this book? I can start it on Friday the 20th. Will that work for you?

message 3: by Gea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gea (gea89) | 824 comments That's ok with me :)

message 4: by Gea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gea (gea89) | 824 comments I finished it yesterday, it was a quick and a rather nice read. I really disliked the brother and considering the series centres around his doings in the past (even before this book) that's not a good thing.

I liked the story but the writing itself wasn't suited for me so I'll probably have some problems when I really start the series, but I hope I'll be able to read at least the first book to see if I continue with it or not.

message 5: by Christina T (last edited Jan 01, 2014 06:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Christina T (crysteena73) | 750 comments My reading is (once again) not going well for me (I'm hoping it's just because the holidays had me going ever which way) I managed to not finish any book during most of December. I did start this story and read about 30% or so. I didn't seem to have a problem with the writing, as you did Gea, I'll see what my reaction is when I get more into the 'meat' of the story. I'm going to ask the mods to keep this thread open a bit longer. Because my reading has been almost non-existent I'll probably not commit to another buddy read anytime soon. I feel bad for instigating them and failing so miserably at them.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 750 comments Finished it! I'm not at my computer right now (Kindle posting is just not super easy) but will post more about my thoughts later. For now I'll just say that the writing suited me well and I'll read more by Linden for sure. I really liked some of the dialogue though some times I felt that Rhys' s declarations of love boarded on cheesy. I rated it 3.5 stars. would have been higher if not for a few minor issues I had.