2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Lauren & Denise - Champion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Lauren & Denise - Champion

message 2: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

This time, we'll definitely manage! XD When do you want to start?

Lauren I'm doing The Alchemist right now, so I think I'll probably start this right after. You can start before me and use spoilers if you want though :)

message 4: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'll wait for you, just let me know when you're done with The Alchemist! :)

Lauren Ok, I finished the Alchemist (: I'm starting Cahmpion now.
I'm really excited to wrap this series up!

message 6: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Great, then I'll start today as well! Looking forward to seeing how it ends. :)

Lauren So how far are you? I've been pretty slow with this for a while but now I'm getting into it. Only about 150 pages in though...

message 8: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jan 17, 2014 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm so sorry I haven't checked in! I'm reading it on my Kindle, so I don't have exact page numbers, but I'm at 54% and should finish it this weekend. Thoughts so far? How are you liking it? :)

Lauren I'm liking it. I like learning more about the Republic and Colonies before everything happened. And I also really like Antarctica; it's really cool.
I'm thinking somehow Day will get treatment from them and survive.

Lauren So I'm on page 218 now and I think I'm hopefully going to finish in the next few days.
I forgot how much I like June and Day together. For a while I was thinking it'd be a nice new twist if June ended up with Anden and if Day died and I thought I'd be ok with that if it happened, but nope. I like June and Day together!

message 11: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

I didn't have that much time to read yesterday, so I only made it to 60%, but it's a pretty quick read when I actually get around to sitting down with it for a bit. :) About June and Day, same here! I'm still not quite sure if I'd prefer them to have a happy end together or if I want it to end in tragedy and heartbreak... but either way, I don't want June and Anden together in the end.

It seems in each book we get a few more pieces of the puzzle of how the Republic and the Colonies came to be, it's really interesting. Antarctica and its "points system" was a good addition, it's cool to get to see how other nations developed in the wake of the breaking apart of the US. So many fascinatingly different systems - and all of them kinds scary to contemplate. I don't think I'd want to live in any of those places. XD

Lauren It took me so long to get into this and I have no idea why because once I did I just zoomed through it. I finished and it was SO good!
(view spoiler)
Are you almost done (:

message 13: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm done, too! Loved the ending. I think a complete "and they lived happily ever after" happy ending right away would have been a bit too sappy and wouldn't have fit the book, but the way it turned out was just about perfect - tragedy and heartbreak, moving on, and finally ending on a hopeful, positive note.

Lauren Exactly. Perfect way to end it.

Lauren I just read Life Before Legend. Do you intend to read it? I thought it was a nice little addition to the series. They were both good lengths. Day's was the better one in my opinion.

message 16: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's one of those things I've been meaning to read for ages! I suppose now that I've finished the rest of the series it's about time I get around to it. :)

message 17: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Now I've read Life before Legend as well. Definitely agree that it was a nice addition - adds an extra stage to the character development over the course of the series, which I really liked. I liked June's story more, though that didn't really come as a surprise since I've just always liked her more than Day. :)

Lauren I liked Day's. I dot really know why. Maybe because I thought Charlie was a really nice character. I like to wonder what she's doing hen Legend takes place and Day is a famous criminal :)