Film Wannabes discussion

Horror Movies? > Horror Movies?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
How do you feel about the horror movies of today? Do you have any favorites? Any ones you hate?
(This can be from any country)

message 2: by Sierra (new)

Sierra July (sierrajuly) | 8 comments My favorite modern American horror movies was Insidious, especially the first half of it, the sound cues were perfectly timed to get you jumping :) My favorite classic horror is the Birds (I still suspiciously eye murders of crows >,< :D) My favorite Japanese horror, Ringu (Ring).

I want to list more that I like but can't think of any.

None that I particularly hate, just found some rather tame for horror.

message 3: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
I loved Insidious- scared me so bad though *-* I loved the Grudge - I still have to see Ring though. There are some horror movies that I don't like : Chuckie, The Gingerbread man ( I know...), and some others. I just didn't like those movies because they were kind of silly and the silliness made it humorous and not horror. Also I didn't like the acting.

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra July (sierrajuly) | 8 comments Ray wrote: "I loved Insidious- scared me so bad though *-* I loved the Grudge - I still have to see Ring though. There are some horror movies that I don't like : Chuckie, The Gingerbread man ( I know...), and ..."

I haven't seen the Grudge (Japanese or American) or the American version of Ring, though I'd like to. I didn't see the movie Chuckie, just saw the doll as a child and was too afraid to see it again (Boy, dolls! It's those glassy eyes! LOL) I was afraid of IT as a child too, saw it again at 20 and laughed through most of it (but not the beginning. Clown in the gutter is horrifying. Poor Georgie :() But, yeah, I know what you mean. Old movies can be very cheesy.

message 5: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments Yeah I think horror movies have the potential to be great but they have a bad rap for being bad. It's just Hollywood exploitation of the film industry.
And I think you'd like the ring raven. It's good.

message 6: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Desiree wrote: "Yeah I think horror movies have the potential to be great but they have a bad rap for being bad. It's just Hollywood exploitation of the film industry.
And I think you'd like the ring raven. It's..."

Yeah I saw the trailer - it looked really good! I loved The Grudge and this other Japanese movie that I'm too afraid to type.

message 7: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments haha what? oh my god raven you crack me up

message 8: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Desiree wrote: "haha what? oh my god raven you crack me up"

I know!!! XD ok- I've collected myself ... It's called "The--" oh heck no I can't type it!! :)

message 9: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments Oh my god raven :P
I just watched the remake of Carrie a couple nights ago at a theatre - there's nothing like the theatre experience- and it was reaLly good. I liked it. I've seen a couple of the films that the you (person above me) mentioned. Horror movies are just fantastic. So great

message 10: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments I LOVE the descent. It's so good. Love the characters and the creatures in it are fascinating.

message 11: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Desiree wrote: "Oh my god raven :P
I just watched the remake of Carrie a couple nights ago at a theatre - there's nothing like the theatre experience- and it was reaLly good. I liked it. I've seen a couple of the ..."

awwwe snap! I did not know that! :P Isn't it crazy that I've never seen Carrie? I've seen like clips of it (short ones on television) :P I feel like a newb lol

message 12: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
JenArchaeologist429 wrote: "XD PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!!! or Paranormal Activity the Marked ones! or The Exorcist, Insidious, Scream,The Grudge, The Descent, Poltergeist, Devil's Due, The Cycle, The Ring, The Conjuring, Carrie, Y..."

OMG I wanted to try and see Paranormal activity! The Descent I haven't seen either! I really need to catch up on my horror movies. Gotta love The Grudge!

message 13: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 39 comments Oh I haven't seen the grudge. I probably should. And yeah Carrie is smashing. I mean amazing but autocorrect

message 14: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Desiree wrote: "Oh I haven't seen the grudge. I probably should. And yeah Carrie is smashing. I mean amazing but autocorrect"

You have autocorrect on here? That's strange I don't.. and yeh i agree that you should see The Grudge, it's really good. The original is better of course (to me) so see the Japanese one first :P

message 15: by Ray (new)

Ray | 57 comments Mod
Azuliano wrote: "I watched the same movies as the paranormal investigator! XD (looks at Jen)"

lol - I shall now address Jen as the Paranormal investigator lol :P