Making Faces Making Faces discussion

Beautiful Story

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arlene Mcintosh This story completely caught me off guard. I fell in love with this book. Fern had a beautiful soul and her friend Bailey was a breathe of fresh air - they were cousins and did everything together and then there was Ambrose who was a good person who wanted to be a soldier and his friends went with him when he came back he was broken so it was so fitting that Bailey and Fern were the ones to draw him out. This book made me cry - I was devastated when Bailey died because I loved this boy who was upbeat but my heart ached for him and what he couldn't have. The love Fern had for Ambrose was amazing and she understood him - I loved them together. This book made me cry and made me happy and I loved all the characters and how the story came together.

Denise - Shh Mom's Reading® Making Faces by Amy Harmon
Exclusive piece featuring Ambrose Young that takes place between the last chapter and the epilogue!

http://shhmomsreading.com/review-inte...

Make sure the enter the giveaway for a Signed Paperback of Making Faces !!

Please feel free to share the link to help spread the word about this heart pulling scene that put us right back in our book hangover!!

Sunny Arlene wrote: "This story completely caught me off guard. I fell in love with this book. Fern had a beautiful soul and her friend Bailey was a breathe of fresh air - they were cousins and did everything togethe..."

I completely agree!! It was amazing! The the humor, the friendships, the love! I laughed and cried and I regret having it on my To-Reads list so damn long!

Sunny Denise - Shh Mom's Reading wrote: "Making Faces by Amy Harmon
Exclusive piece featuring Ambrose Young that takes place between the last chapter and the epilogue!

http://shhmomsreading.com/review-inte...-..."

why did I get all teary eyed??? LOVE this book

Melissa (Ever So Mela) It isn't just a romance or some book about war. This book entails love- to love beyond the imperfection-, its about loss and how to find the courage and strength to will yourself to find happiness among the tempest, it unravels friendship to the core leaving just the pure essence that marvels us to dig a little deeper, stay a little longer and love a little more. I truly fell in love with the characters from the start. Each one was part of a thousand piece puzzle bringing together a flawless picture that utterly amazed me. And I cried like a baby, I couldn't help it. This author has a PhD in making it seem like you were there and you too lost those who you held dear. It teaches you to not be bitter and not be mean or feel sorry for yourself, to see the light in the darkness, the sun in the rain, the joy in the sadness, the beautiful in the ugliness.

I loved Baily and his character. He made me grateful for so many things and my heart broke for him because of all the things he wouldn't get that he deserved. He's my hero.

Definitely inspired me to read poetry!

All of a sudden I have this new found appreciation for the itsy bitsy spider song. Just adorable

LisaaReads I loved this story it was so beautiful and the characters were amazing. I have a new love for poetry now! This book made had me all over the place, I was laughing and crying.
It's a must read book!