Crossed (Matched, #2) Crossed discussion

What is it with the second book on a series?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (new) - rated it 1 star

Faye ok, is it just me or was this book increadably boring? don't get me wrong, I loved the first one but what happened?
tell me what you thought

Marci Disclaimer: I finished the series.

I think this one focused almost exclusively on character development whereas the first one was characters responding to the world around them.

Essentially, this one leads into Reached and the cluster of things that happen in that book. It's an incredibly long transition, essentially.

Claire I agree it wasn't the most exciting of books but I just carried on reading as the first one was good, I just expected something really exciting to happen.
I know a few people who gave up with the series whilst reading the second book in the trilogy but I got to the third. Was glad the last book was more exciting, I would have been very disappointed otherwise.

Aline I agree....I love the series but the second book its alittle bit annoying. First one its the best.

message 5: by Faye (new) - rated it 1 star

Faye yeah, tru. is it worth reading the third book?

Casey Ford The third book seemed rushed and tried really hard to fit a lot, I mean A LOT, of plot lines into one book. The second book was better in my opinion. Though no where as good as the first.

Marci Casey wrote: "The third book seemed rushed and tried really hard to fit a lot, I mean A LOT, of plot lines into one book. The second book was better in my opinion. Though no where as good as the first."

After reading the third, I thought it could have been split into two more with a little work. What do you think?

Crystal I am just starting the 3rd book, but I did not think the 2nd one was boring at all. I really liked that it was in both Ky and Cassia's POV. And I'm also super glad that they brought Xander into the next one as a POV as well.

message 9: by Zoe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zoe I am all for character development, it's necessary and I think it's great- I promise.

I just wish authors wouldn't take an entire novel to tediously expand that must have in a series.

Speciale Destinee Marci wrote: "Disclaimer: I finished the series.

I think this one focused almost exclusively on character development whereas the first one was characters responding to the world around them.

Essentially, this..."

I should really write "Disclaimer..." before i go and ruin stuff for people.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I thought it was a little boring when it first started but I thought it got better in the middle of it and then kinda slowed down again once they spit up then picked up again once they all made it to the place. but then again that could just be me

Speciale Destinee I liked I got to see more of Ky and his history. I really feel like I got to understand him a little better.