Green Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Green Group Community > November 2013: Looking for New Moderator

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynnm (new)

Lynnm | 923 comments Hello Green Group,

Unfortunately, I have so much to do with work and other projects, that I won't be able to continue as moderator.

It is a tough decision, but I'm just not able to put enough time into the forum to make it a success. Hopefully, another moderator will be able to do that.

I still will contribute, but again, not as a moderator.

I'll give this a couple of weeks, and see if anyone steps forward. But even if they don't, I will take my name off as moderator.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia (juliastrimer) SO sorry, Lynn--you've been the heart of this group. I hope someone can step forward, but regardless, you've kept us going.

Please take care--I'm so glad we got to share Muir and Maathai.

With deep gratitude for your efforts--Julia

message 3: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 1572 comments Mod
Thanks for everything, Lynnm.

message 4: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) Thanks for your time and effort Lynnm. Best to you! :):)

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Burt | 426 comments Mod
Glad you'll still be hanging around as a member, Lynn. Your contributions have been awesome. Hope you get a well-deserved chance to just relax a bit over the Holidays!

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Sedlak | 5 comments I just signed up for this group a couple days ago. Does your announcement suggest that without a moderator the group will die :( If so, let me know what your job as moderator involves. Perhaps I can be of some use.

message 7: by Lynnm (new)

Lynnm | 923 comments Thanks, everyone!

Andy - I hope that the group doesn't die out. A lot of groups just let whoever starts a conversation, "moderate" the conversation.

The moderator either puts up polls to select a book for the month, or in this case because the group is small, puts up a thread with informal information and has everyone "chats" about a selection. Or selects the book themselves.

Then, just start threads and maintains them. There aren't any conflicts here so no managing of problems.

message 8: by Jimmy (new)

Also there is no limit on the number of moderators. I'd be one only if I was one of say five moderators. I'm busy in other groups.

message 9: by Florence (new)

Florence Millo | 41 comments I'm not sure how to do it. But I'm willing to give it a try. I think it would be helpful to have several moderators.
I am so glad that you will be around as a participant if not a moderator.

message 10: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Sousa | 37 comments Lynnm wrote: "Hello Green Group,

Unfortunately, I have so much to do with work and other projects, that I won't be able to continue as moderator.

It is a tough decision, but I'm just not able to put enough tim..."

Thank you for volunteering as much time as you have, and many MANY wishes for future success!

message 11: by Lynnm (new)

Lynnm | 923 comments Florence wrote: "I'm not sure how to do it. But I'm willing to give it a try. I think it would be helpful to have several moderators.
I am so glad that you will be around as a participant if not a moderator."

It's fairly easy, Florence.

It's mostly the time. But if there were 2-3 moderators, it would be extremely easy.

message 12: by Lynnm (new)

Lynnm | 923 comments I noticed that there is someone named 'Susan' who signed up as moderator, but haven't seen any posts by Susan.

Susan - do you have specific plans for the group?

message 13: by Alan (new)

Alan Dean (raincoastfiction) | 29 comments Lynnm wrote: "I noticed that there is someone named 'Susan' who signed up as moderator, but haven't seen any posts by Susan.

Susan - do you have specific plans for the group?"

Lynnm, Can people just sign up as a moderator without your agreement?

message 14: by Lynnm (new)

Lynnm | 923 comments Yes, once the moderator leaves, anyone can sign up for the moderator position.

message 15: by Jimmy (new)

Lynm, why don't you stay on with the others?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.