Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > Weekly topic for discussion - What are you thankful for?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Nov 27, 2013 09:34AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5721 comments Mod
For many of us, tomorrow will be Thanksgiving, a holiday for being with friends and family to celebrate relationships and give thanks for blessings. It's mostly commemorated by traditional (or not!) meals and football:) And for some, it's a day dedicated to service (serving in homeless shelters or some other volunteer effort).

As you look back on this year, what are some of the things you're grateful for? How do you plan to spend the holiday?

For our Canadian friends, please share how you spent your holiday a few weeks ago!

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Davis Grateful for family and friends, good food, good reads!Spending the holiday with all of the above!

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 715 comments Most grateful for my daughter, that she is healthy,happy,had a great transition into college and loves it. Thankful for the rest of my family and friends. Very thankful for my 2 jobs when so many people have none. Thankful that my mom and aunt took me to Ireland with them. Last but not least, thankful for finding Goodreads and having all you ladies to chat with about books, the weather, Kindles, birthdays and whatever else is on our minds!! Happy Thanksgiving All :)

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5721 comments Mod
I'm thankful to have shed the stress in my life and to be doing the things that I love for a change. That includes my relationships here on Goodreads. You all make it fun and I'm really grateful for all of you.

I'm very thankful for my family both my in-laws and outlaws:)

Safe travels to all who are on the road, in the air or on rails! Have a wonderful holiday.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well...I'm thankful for my husband,my inlaws,my husband's family as well as my own family....my friends on facebook as well as my friends on here,too, 'cause without ya'll I don't know where I could go and talk to about books, I'm also soo glad that I got a chance to find Goodreads bcause I've heard of the wonderful reviews about this website and I'm glad to participate and be a part of the community,too. I'm also thankful for God and His Son Jesus Christ bcause without them I don't know where my life would b. I'm thankful for my love of readin' books and also to my favorite book authors includin' the legendary Miss Nora Roberts...without them and her my life would b boring,it keeps my blood pumpin' and it gives my life more meanin' to b readin' more of her books as well as her stand~alone novals,too. I'm thankful for all of the blessings in my life. And I'm also thankful for the family dog in my husbands life as well as n my own life,too, he's our best friend...our family member and he's sooo spoiled,lol! I guess I have alot to b thankful for,lol! Have a great holiday and have the merriest of Christmases ya'll!