ChiZine Publications discussion

What's your favourite CZP book?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciadipardo) | 15 comments Mod
Tell us what your favourite CZP title is and why!

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Dick (cheffojeffo) | 7 comments I don't have an answer for that one, so let me offer answers to a couple of different questions.

Q: Which upcoming CZP title will go right to the top of the TBR pile?
A: WILD FELL. It took me months to get to ENTER, NIGHT and I won't make that mistake again.

Q: Which CZP title would you most like to see a sequel to?
A: THE MONA LISA SACRIFICE. Soooo good.

message 3: by Felicia (new)

I'm really excited for WILD FELL. I'm happy it's coming out soon because I doubt I can wait much longer.

While I've enjoyed many CZP books, I think my favourite so far is THE SUMMER IS ENDED AND WE ARE NOT YET SAVED. It is such a fantastic read, and it's my kind of book. Gruesome, brutal, and hilarious. How can you go wrong with that?!

message 4: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) I like the new Steve Rasnic Tem.

message 5: by Fran (new)

Fran Lace (stephdaponte) | 1 comments Mod
So far, my favourites are REMEMBER WHY YOU FEAR ME and THE SUMMER IS ENDED AND WE ARE NOT YET SAVED.

Other contenders: THE HAIR WREATH, HORROR STORY, and THE INNER CITY.

So many awesome choices...

message 6: by Felicia (last edited Dec 01, 2013 05:06AM) (new)

I know! It's so hard to choose. I really like THE DELPHI ROOM and EUTOPIA, and James Marshall's How To End Human Suffering series is awesome.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (sisdis) | 1 comments I really enjoyed Remember Why You Fear Me. I also loved Briarpatch, The Pattern Scars, and People Still Live in Cashtown Corners...so hard to pick a favourite!

message 8: by Ray (new)

Ray Wallace (raywallacefiction) | 1 comments WESTLAKE SOUL. A must read. I really enjoyed A BOOK OF TONGUES too and will be reading the sequels in the near future.

message 9: by Felicia (new)

Laura, I'm currently reading People LIVE STILL IN CASHTOWN CORNERS, and I LOVE it! Tony Burgess is quickly becoming a favourite author of mine. I agree, it is so hard to pick a favourite!

Ray, we are releasing THE HEXSLINGER OMNIBUS tomorrow (Dec 17) which contains all 3 books plus bonus material. Very exciting!

message 10: by Mihai (new)

Mihai Adascalitei | 3 comments This is a very tough choice, but for the moment I'll say that Mike, Linda & Louise Carey's "The Steel Seraglio" is my favorite. But it is not the only one from Chizine. :)

message 11: by Mihai (new)

Mihai Adascalitei | 3 comments Now I picked "The Steel Seraglio" but for me it is definitely on the same list with Helen Marshall's "Hair Side, Flesh Side", Robert Shearman's "Remember Why You Fear Me" and Claude Lalumiere's "The Door to Lost Pages".

message 12: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Dick (cheffojeffo) | 7 comments Felicia wrote: "I'm really excited for WILD FELL. I'm happy it's coming out soon because I doubt I can wait much longer.

I am almost finished and I am 99% certain that WILD FELL is my new favourite. Damn, but can Michael Rowe pull me right into the story.

If the measure of a great opening is that it makes the reader forget that they are reading a story, then the prologue for WF is one of the best I have ever read.

message 13: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Dick (cheffojeffo) | 7 comments Felicia wrote: "I know! It's so hard to choose. I really like THE DELPHI ROOM and EUTOPIA, and James Marshall's How To End Human Suffering series is awesome."

The more time that passes since I read it, the more I love the way the screenplay vignettes worked in THE DELPHI ROOM. They were brilliant for establishing/maintaining context and the transitions flowed wonderfully. Awesome craft.

message 14: by Mihai (new)

Mihai Adascalitei | 3 comments Steph wrote: "So far, my favourites are REMEMBER WHY YOU FEAR ME and THE SUMMER IS ENDED AND WE ARE NOT YET SAVED."

I forgot all about "The Summer is Ended and We Are Not Yet Saved" after I've seen it released. I need to correct that right away and get me a copy and finally read it.

message 15: by Joshua (new)

Joshua P'ng | 1 comments James Marshall's Ninja versus Pirate featuring Zombies because I'm reading it right now.

message 16: by Felicia (new)

Mihai: THE SUMMER IS ENDED AND WE ARE NOT YET SAVED is such a good read! It's brutal, violent, and hilarious. I couldn't put it down.

Jeff: Michael Rowe punched my heart out with WILD FELL. I personally think ghost stories have been almost done to death, but wow, was I wrong! And THE DELPHI ROOM is amazing! I also love the screenplay vignettes.

Currently reading WESTLAKE SOUL by Rio Youers and it's quickly becoming one of my top CZP books. As if my heart didn't suffer enough through WILD FELL. WESTLAKE SOUL is a definite must read. Guys, seriously...if you haven't picked it up yet, you should!

message 17: by Axolotl (new)

Axolotl | 1 comments People Live Still in Cashtown Corners. It was the first I'd read of Burgess--thanks, CZP!

message 18: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) I was really impressed with the Datlow Kickstarter anthology Fearful Symmetries.

message 19: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Dick (cheffojeffo) | 7 comments 7 months ago I asked for a sequel to THE MONA LISA SACRIFICE.

6 months from now we will get one. THE DEAD HAMLETS out in Jan 2015.

*flailing muppet arms*

message 20: by Peter (new)

Peter Darbyshire | 3 comments Brett wrote: "BTW, there'll be a third book, too, called THE APOCALYPSE ARK. :-)"

And I just got the idea for the fourth book!

message 21: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) Are you ever going to print anything in hardcover again?

message 22: by Randolph (new)

Randolph (us227381) Brett wrote: "No plans for more hardcovers in the near future, Randolph. It was just too much work for our small staff compared to amount of revenue earned from them. Maybe someday, but not for now.

Cheers,

Brett"

Thanks for the reply. I really like the ones I have.