Traditional Regency Romance Aficionados discussion

Introductions & Discussions > promoting clean romance novels

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Hatch (goodreadscomdonnahatch) | 7 comments Is there a topic or thread where it's okay for an author to announce new releases of clean Regency romances? I don't want to offend anyone by promoting myself in appropriately, but I'd love to get the word out about my new traditional (clean) Regency romance.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Cole | 4 comments I'm in the same boat, Donna. I don't like to step on anyone's toes, but I'd love to tell folks where my new book (a sweet Regency) can be found.

message 3: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 44 comments I think the Authors Corner thread was made for that:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I really like knowing newly published traditional Regencies. I'm always looking for new reads.

message 4: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Harbaugh (claudiaharbaugh) | 11 comments Yep, Camy is right, the author's corner is good for that. We'd love you to share there.

message 5: by John (new)

John Hennessy | 3 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm in the same boat, Donna. I don't like to step on anyone's toes, but I'd love to tell folks where my new book (a sweet Regency) can be found."

Elizabeth is right! You want, as an author for everyone to know about your book, but kind of don't want to impose! I'm hoping people will find mine because they like to and were recommended to them. Wishing Donna and Elizabeth well - I can, however, thoroughly recommend Elizabeth's superlative 'Lady in Pearls' story. I'm really enjoying regency and other historical romance novels. Elizabeth is one reason why!

message 6: by John (new)

John Hennessy | 3 comments Donna wrote: "Is there a topic or thread where it's okay for an author to announce new releases of clean Regency romances? I don't want to offend anyone by promoting myself in appropriately, but I'd love to get ..."

I like the look of your take on 'Persuasion'. Jane Austen was one of my fave authors as a child, and if anything, I love her even more now. Will add to my 2014 list. Thank you Donna.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Cole | 4 comments John wrote: "Elizabeth is right! "

Thanks for the kind words, John! I'm glad people are enjoying my stories. (I should mention that while all my novellas are sweet/clean, my longer works are not.) I'm experimenting with a few different styles and heat levels...

message 8: by John (new)

John Hennessy | 3 comments Elizabeth wrote: "John wrote: "Elizabeth is right! "

Thanks for the kind words, John! I'm glad people are enjoying my stories. (I should mention that while all my novellas are sweet/clean, my longer works are not.)..."

That's fine, because it's freezing here right now!

message 9: by Donna (last edited Nov 30, 2013 02:30PM) (new)

Donna Hatch (goodreadscomdonnahatch) | 7 comments Thanks, John :-)

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna Hatch (goodreadscomdonnahatch) | 7 comments Great, Camy, thanks! I didn't know about author's corner so I will go look for that. Thanks again.