Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > Seeking Beta Readers for YA Dystopian Novella

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Harmon (ME_Harmon) | 4 comments Hi,

I would love (LOVE) to have five or more avid readers to beta read a new dystopian novella, Pristine.

Word count - 47K, 219 pages.

If you enjoy dystopian novels like The Hunger Games, with a touch of action and romance, I'd be happy to hear from you.

I'm interested in feedback on:
What you liked
What you didn't like
Comments on characters
Plot
- and anything else that strikes you.

It would be my pleasure to mention you in the credits when the book is e-published (with your permission, of course).

I request feedback to be returned by Tuesday, December 10. (I hope to publish before Christmas.)

Please respond/PM and advise if you prefer a pdf or MS Word copy.

Brief Synopsis:
An engineered virus changed everything.
No one knew society was falling when it was.

Sunny Hudson is seventeen, famous and pregnant. In a world where infertility is the norm, and couples beg for a healthy child, Sunny is ecstatic to do her civic duty and be a donor mother. . . for the right price. She enrolls in the exclusive Barrons Academy, an academic and research facility for young donor parents, to become the willing plaything of a multimillionaire -- until love, deceit, and murder change the rules of the
game.

Now Sunny must choose between opening her heart, survival, or exposing a truth that could spark revolution.

Pristine is a dystopian novella that questions what love really looks like in a world where perfection is expected.

Thanks so much,
Michelle

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Shaw | 3 comments Hi Michelle, I have a paranormal romance novel that is just under 80k words. I was wondering if you would be interested in swapping stories. I could have it back to you by the 10th. If you could get mine back to me by the 13th. I have experience critiquing other stories and can give honest feedback and would like the same for my story.
Here is the blurb from my story
Gene has taken on the role of alpha after the devastating loss of his father. A war is on the horizon and Gene is determined not to fail his pack. He makes an unlikely alliance with Natalia, the woman his enemy is hunting. The more time they spend together, the more Gene finds himself drawn to the sexy, mysterious, she-wolf.
Natalia has lost faith in her kind. After being rescued from her captors by Gene’s pack, she wants to take her son and run far away from everyone. But, she knows she wouldn’t get far with her psychotic family chasing her. She agrees to team up with Gene in an attempt to end her family’s tyranny. As they attempt to work together, she finds herself wondering if she can truly trust him, or will his betrayal be the greatest yet?

message 3: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Harmon (ME_Harmon) | 4 comments Hi Bethanny,

Sure, I'd be happy to swap. Will message you.

Bethany wrote: "Hi Michelle, I have a paranormal romance novel that is just under 80k words. I was wondering if you would be interested in swapping stories. I could have it back to you by the 10th. If you could ge..."

M.E. wrote: "Hi,

I would love (LOVE) to have five or more avid readers to beta read a new dystopian novella, Pristine.

If you enjoy dystopian novels like The Hunger Games, with a..."

message 4: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Harmon (ME_Harmon) | 4 comments Hi Bethanny,

Sure, I'd be happy to swap. Will message you.

Bethany wrote: "Hi Michelle, I have a paranormal romance novel that is just under 80k words. I was wondering if you would be interested in swapping stories. I could have it back to you by the 10th. If you could ge..."

M.E. wrote: "Hi,

If you enjoy dystopian novels like The Hunger Games, with a..."

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

This sounds like a really great and interesting story. Sorry it's past Christmas, but r u still in need of readers? Cause i' be happy to help :)

message 6: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Harmon (ME_Harmon) | 4 comments Hi Anna,

The story has been published. But I'd be happy to send you a copy if you would like to review it. I'll send you a pm.

message 7: by Robson (new)

Robson Gabriel | 2 comments Still requesting readers?