The Hunger Games-Roleplay discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Arena Archives > Arena 43 Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 3,812 (3812 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 76 77

message 1: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (last edited Nov 27, 2013 08:26PM) (new)

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 2331 comments Mod
You didn't even get a full night's rest before you were dragged from bed and taken to the transport craft that seated all of the tributes. A tracker was shot under your skin and the hum of the engine below you lulled you to sleep again, even with the pain in your arm. Or maybe it was a drug in the air. The peacekeepers, nurses, and pilots on board had masks over their mouths and noses, after all. However, that didn't really make a difference one way or another, because you eventually woke up again, finding yourself on a table with your stylists mooning over you.

Your uniform for this arena consists of pants that unzip that the knees to create shorts, a tank top, a coat made with two layers - an inner fur liner to trap heat and an outer jacket that would be useful against winds and rain, and hiking boots. The entire ensemble is black, seemingly made for cold temperatures and bad weather.

As you get up off the table and say your goodbyes, you're still a little dazed from the nap you took on your way here, but you dutifully get onto the silver plate and wait for the glass to slide down. Once it does, it's official. You are now fighting for your life. Only one of you will escape this arena, and there are 23 others who have that same idea in their minds.

You slowly rise into the arena and it's sensory overload. You're facing the cornucopia in the middle, as with most of the games you've seen on tv, but surrounding you is a metal grated floor spanning from a foot beyond the circle of tributes to the cornucopia. Past that is a wildcard of which terrain you're in. This year, the gamemakers couldn't decide on one element to surprise you with, so they compromised by combining them all and splitting the arena into quadrants.

The First Quadrant is most obviously fire. From the blackened rock to the flowing lava to the ash-filled sky, everything seems hot and dangerous. Peaking in the middle of the landscape is a tall volcano, rivulets of the molten magma creep along its sides and form pools at the base, only to push onward towards the tribute plates, however, not interfering with the other quadrants. Be careful where you step, because one wrong move and a limb could easily burned away, painfully and slowly as the volcanic fire eats away at your flesh and bone. However, near the volcano are caves that you could take refuge in, and there are bigger animals that would provide you with more food as opposed to a bird, fish, or rodent. Keep in mind that these bigger animals will also put up a bigger fight, so the risk is yours to take.
(view spoiler)

The Second Quadrant has been split into two terrains. The first half of it is all barren rock with a few herbs growing through the cracks here and there. The vegetation picks up, however, and in the middle is a nice little pond, though it's not clear where the pure-looking water is supplied from, nor is it obvious whether or not it is poisoned. It's a nice oasis, though, that leads into a dense forest with a marshy floor. Here, the vegetation is overgrown and blocks out most if not all of the light, making it feel like you're in an eternal night. This part is probably infested with insects and animals that could be a source of food, or a deadly enemy.
(view spoiler)

The Third Quadrant seems to be a tropical paradise. Smooth waves rush up on the shore with clear, salty water. A few rocks jut out of the tide, creating paths towards the middle of the terrain, where a lighthouse stands tall and proud, casting a beam of light across the arena that can even be seen from the volcano in the first quadrant and the forest in the second. Coming here might give you some protection, and there are certainly fish in the water that you can catch if you have the skills, but be wary. At a moment's notice, the tide could shift, and you could have more than just little crests of water to deal with. A sea can have a big temper when disturbed by the slightest weather change.
(view spoiler)

The Fourth Quadrant is a bit unusual. There are no rocks to give you a certain, safe path, or a bridge connecting the cornucopia to the middle. Instead, you have to trust that the clouds will hold you as you make your way to the middle, with no surface below them. If you fall off, you're a gonner. Standing ominously, a snowy mountain juts through the clouds. Temperatures here can be around 40°F during daytime, and plummet to -20°F at night. There is no wood for a fire, but you were supplied with a nice, fur coat... pray it doesn't get damaged. There are caves within the mountain, though, so if you dare attempt the journey, you might find a solid place to call home for the games. There are also birds that can supply you with food if you can hunt them, and if you can't, wait until they're gone and collect their eggs. However, this mountain has more dangers than protective mother birds and a chilly presence. One loose pebble on top, and the entire mountain could become a hazardous avalanche zone.
(view spoiler)

At the center of the arena is the cornucopia, with the tribute circles spaced out around it as usual. The pattern in which you are placed is as follows:
1m, 2f, 3m, 4f, 5m, 6f, 7m, 8f, 9m, 10f, 11m, 12f, 1f, 2m, 3f, 4m, 5f, 6m, 7f, 8m, 9f, 10m, 11f, 12m with the District 1 Male being the first circle in the brown going clockwise and ending with the District 12 Male being the first one in the red going counterclockwise.
The grey on the map is the metal grate. Could the gamemakers have a trap set to escape from the hole-riddled surface? Or is it simply a neutral territory?
(view spoiler)
The gold is the cornucopia, with the circles around it representing the tribute plates.

As you finish assessing your surroundings, your time has run out, and the gong sounds, starting the games and beginning what could be your last days alive, or the moments that lead to your victory.

Let The Games Begin And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!

Cornucopia includes:

~ 2 large backpacks with a bottle of water, a fire-starting kit, a map of the arena, a sandwich bag of dried fruit, a sandwich bag of dried meat, a pair of climbing gloves (have spikes so that you can climb any surface and can also be used as a weapon), a knife, and 20 yards of rope.

~ 4 small backpacks with a bottle of water, a map of the arena, a bag of fruit, a bag of meat, a knife, and 20 yards of rope.

~ 8 5 bottles of water

~ 5 2 lunch boxes with 2 bags of meat, a bag of fruit, and pain killers

~ 1 20 yard rope

~ 1 pair of climbing gloves

~ 1 fire-starting kit

~ 2 whips

~ 2 swords

~ 3 sets of knives (6 per set)

~ 4 bows

~ 3 quivers of arrows (12 arrows each)

~ 2 tridents

~ 1 Spear

~ 1 bag of mysterious herbs

~ 2 first aid kits

~ 2 weaving kits

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) Carter doesn't hesitate run right to the cornucopia. He grabs a sword and a backpack and starts to turn around, trying to decide which section he should go.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Mayve immediately runs to the cornucopia. She sees a trident and a knife vest, she takes both. Mayve sees Carter and takes out a knife from the vest and throws it at him. Mayve doesn't keep looking at him long enough to see if it actually hit him. Mayve saw the water instead. She saw Quadrant Three and headed towards the water. Mayve knew she would do best in water, but she had to find her allies.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Elliot ran straight to cornucopia and grabbed a backpack, bow and arrows, and a dagger. She climbed to the top of cornucopia and after a quick look at everything around her, she decided to ran to the second quadrant. She looked at her allies and gave them signal to follow her.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) The knife lodges itself in Carter's chest. He falls, dead.

Makai sees Mayve run towards the cornucopia. Although she doesn't want to go that close to the cornucopia, she doesn't want to leave with nothing. She sees a pack of supplies and grabs that. She then follows Mayve, hoping the others in her alliance would also follow.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Mayve wants to go back to the cornucopia to grab more weapons and find her allies.
"Makenzi, gather our allies here, I'm going to get more weapons."
Mayve runs back to the cornucopia. Mayve grabs a sword and it's sheath, which she put on her waist quickly. She wanted to use her trident in this arena first. Mayve runs back to where Makenzi is so she can help.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) Makai waits anxiously for Demetrius. She had already seen Elliot and tried to get her attention.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Seemed like her allies didn't get her signal, she shot arrows near Mackenzie and Mayve's feet, so they would pay attention to her. She frowned and pointed at second quadrant behind her. "Trust me!" she said.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Mayve was scared to leave the water, but she needed her allies, she followed Elliot to the second Quadrant.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

On the way over to quadrant two, Mayve saw a tribute from district five, Mayve lifted her trident and stabbed the tribute, killing them, and Mayve left the tribute there. Mayve just killed a second tribute.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Don't get attracted by the sea of water, guys. " said Elliot when they finally came following her. "I'll tell you later about that, now we gotta run. There's a small pond there, don't worry about water."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"But- Ug," Mayve loved the water. Mayve followed Elliot, waiting for our other allies.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) Makai followed, planning on going to the second quadrant anyways.
"Come on!" She said dragging Mayve behind her.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"Where are the others?" Mayve asked. They were nowhere to be seen.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mayve, we all love water. But third quadrant is definitely out of my choice. First, the lighthouse, why don't you just simply invited all tributes to kill us there? In case lighthouse is NOT that eye catching. Seconds, salty water is not a choice at all. Don't you hear people said do not drink salt water even if you're on the middle of a sea? That's because it will kill you slowly. Without fresh water, the internal organs start to shutdown, as does the brain. When your brain gets affected, you hallucinate and
lose the ability to think straight. This of course
can lead to death, obviously, either from dumb decisions or dehydration. Yes, some people have been known to go crazy if not death. You still want me to continue?" she explained.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybes saw a spider crawl towards her and Makenzi. Mayve screamed at he top of her lungs. Mayve ran away far from spider. Mayve was terrified. Mayve had extreme arachnophobia, but nobody knew that, because in the training center, there weren't any spiders.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"No, I'm fine, I get the point," Mayve said still backing away from the spider.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) Makai stepped on the spider easily.
"I think we get it." She said, worried about Demetrius.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's fine, okay?" Elliot stabbed the spider with one of her arrow. Since it might be poisoned, she kept it for future killing emergency. "I won't drag you here just to make your life screwed on the first 24 hours."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Mayve felt relieved, but she didn't come near the dead spider body. Mayve worried about where the last two allies were. We needed them, but Mayve cared more about Chad, who probably is in Quadrant here right now, which was probably why Mayve had the urge to go there.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) "What should we do?" She asked. There were still two more allies and there was no sign of them.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"I don't know, knife girl, what do we do?"

message 23: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) Amber runs and grabs a bow and arrow and dagger.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Elliot looked at Mayve, she definitely worried about something. Plus, their allies were somewhere in the arena and they needed to stay together. Ellioy sighed, "You two wanna go back to cornucopia? We still missing two allies, thou. They might be there."

message 25: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) Amber also grabs a small pack and looks around for her allies

message 26: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) Amber readied an arrow and slobs the dagger into her belt, and slings the pack onto her back. Where where Chad and Alec?

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) "I guess..." Makai trailed off. She didn't really want to go back, but she could use some/a weapon and Demetrius might be in trouble. She had no international if losing him on the first day.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"Please, I don't want to be near this dead spider." Mayve said, with a pleading voice.

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) Amber spotted Chad and ran over to him. He was getting a trident

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Mayve picked up her trident and made sure all her knives were close to get to in an emergency. Mayve wanted to tell them about Chad, and not killing him, but Mayve knew he wouldn't be at the cornucopia.

message 31: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) ((I wish my allies were on))

message 32: by Fandom_girl (new)

Fandom_girl | 601 comments Adeen was still frozen on the place from where she had risen up into the arena. She was petrified, and couldn't move. She saw the group of tributes run off and decided she needed to do the same. She jogged to the cornucopia and silently looked for a dagger or two.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"Okay. Here's the plan. See that tree?" she pointed at a very huge tree, you could see almost the whole arena from the top of it. "My record on archery is 4600ft, don't tell anybody, so as long as you two stay less than one and a half kilometers from that tree, I will be able to shoot anyone who try to kill you."

message 34: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) Amber saw Adeen and ignored her. She needed to round up her allies

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"Awesome, thanks, I can handle myself pretty well, but I always needed a little help." Mayve said.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) "So you're using us as bait, or what?" Makai asked, not fully understanding the plan.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

"See, I know you guys worried about someone rather than something, and even it's crazy, you still wanna go back and check it if they're okay. Of course that is insanely crazy, but what do I know? I don't make great relationship with anyone ever. Nobody waits for me there and I'm not waiting here either except for my allies." she explained. "We still have to unofficially claim this place, you know. We can't go back there altogether."

message 38: by Fandom_girl (new)

Fandom_girl | 601 comments She went as deep in the cornucopia as she could and looked for necessities. A water bottle, and back back, and a small knife and a dagger. She decided she would take a medium sized bow with her, just in case. She crept out of the cornucopia, and bolted toward the rocks and vegetation. The forest was where she was the most comfortable.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"Guys, I think someone's coming," Mayve said listening closely to the ground.

message 40: by Alex (new)

Alex Marshall | 20 comments Alec ran into the cornucopia as fast as he could he knew it was a trap he grabbed a bow and spotted chad and Amber.

message 41: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) Amber saw Alec and motioned for him

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Come on, let's surprised that person." she grinned and quickly climbed a tree next to her.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) Makai froze, preparing move. She didn't hear anything.

message 44: by Alex (new)

Alex Marshall | 20 comments "I'm coming!" He didn't want to start any fights so he rushed and grabbed two bags and the bow and quiver and he was off.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Mayve readied her trident and hide behind a large tree trunk. Mayve didn't know who it was , but Mayve was hoping it wasn't Aengus or Demetrius.

Selene {нєιя σf ℓυиα} (ohthefeelsofbooks) She climbed after Elliot, not wanting to be on the ground, unarmed.

message 47: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) She sighed. He found them. ((Now we just need Numbrine9)) "which sector?"

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Got anything from cornucopia?" Elliot asked her, whispering.

message 49: by Alex (new)

Alex Marshall | 20 comments "Over there!" Let's go not paying attention to the others. "Wait!" He turned and took off one of his packs and handed it to her.

message 50: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (wisegirlonfire) "Thanks but I have one." She scanned the arena. "Forest?"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 76 77
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.