Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Eric's True Nature

Comments Showing 1-50 of 409 (409 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Ok, let me just start out by saying, I love ya all because you love Sookie/True Blood.

That being said, lets talk dirty :). I am TEAM ERIC! I am the head of the TEAM ERIC fan club! I admit it. But I don't think that I am in denial enough just because I {heart} him so much to think that he is a "good" vampire. I know we all have our different opinions about him. I don't however think he is a good guy. I love that the show shows him as someone being willing to torture the humans who wrong vampires. Aside from Lafeyette, I think that he was hurting people that hurt vampires. And lets face it, the guy who he ripped to shreds was a murderer of 3 vamps and a human. Plus it took him until he was thrown in there and then being in with Lafeyette and having that conversation with him to understand that he was bad. I think Eric is a vampire and will always do what he sees fit to protect vampires. He may love Sookie in his own way but it doesn't change how he feels about humans. What do you guys think?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I've always said Eric is a fun fling kind of guy, but in the end he will always look out for himself above all. He will often put Sookie first, but its only because he sees himself as able to handle the fallout and come out unscathed.

He's definately able to be ruthless. He's also, arrogant, egotistical, manipulative. Oh, and drop dead gorgeous ;D

I think he cares for Sookie as much as he is capable of caring for someone besides himself! Truly I do.

message 3: by Leana (last edited Jun 17, 2009 11:05PM) (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Jessica wrote: "I've always said Eric is a fun fling kind of guy, but in the end he will always look out for himself above all. He will often put Sookie first, but its only because he sees himself as able to hand..."

Jessica, I so agree with you. I have to say though that because he is such an interesting and fun character that I can't help but loving him. What can I say, I love the bad guy. I just don't get why people think he is a good guy. He isn't to me. Like you said, he cares and even loves Sookie as much as he is able. But he will always be a vampire first.

message 4: by gina~* (new)

gina~* | 15 comments Vampires= good guys?

who would want a good vampire? It seems oxymoronic to me ;)

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments Leana wrote: "Ok, let me just start out by saying, I love ya all because you love Sookie/True Blood.

That being said, lets talk dirty :). I am TEAM ERIC! I am the head of the TEAM ERIC fan club! I admit it. ..."

We've already had this discussion on another thread and it has been settled.
Agree to disagree.
We already know your opinion.

message 6: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments YoudontGnomie wrote: "Vampires= good guys?

who would want a good vampire? It seems oxymoronic to me ;)"

That is what I think. I don't get that people think of Eric as a good vampire and are humanizing him. Doesn't make sense to me either.

message 7: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Allison wrote: "Leana wrote: "Ok, let me just start out by saying, I love ya all because you love Sookie/True Blood.

That being said, lets talk dirty :). I am TEAM ERIC! I am the head of the TEAM ERIC fan club! ..."

And I started this thread so that I could see what other people think. So don't worry Allison, I know your opinion. But I wanted to see if others would respond too. I figured it was better to stear the conversation on another thread. So don't worry, you don't have to be involved unless you want to.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Leana I agree somewhat with you. Eric would definitely do what needs to be done to protect vamps, which is why him having a torture camp for human who attacked vamps doesn't seem so out of character for him. Yes he is a vamp but he does have a softer side( in the books atleast.) No one knows Eric true nature because he keeps so much hidden that it's hard to figure it out.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments YoudontGnomie wrote: "Vampires= good guys?

who would want a good vampire? It seems oxymoronic to me ;)"

Your posting to people who love PNR where vamps are written as the good guys and humans are the real monster so yes we love good vamp no matter how oxymoronic it seems to you.

message 10: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments I LOVE PNR just as much as the rest of us here. I don't think that is the issue. I am asking what people interpret Charlaine Harris' writing as. Is Eric written as a softy with a dark side or as a vampire who occasionally has a human moment.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Leana wrote: "I LOVE PNR just as much as the rest of us here. I don't think that is the issue. I am asking what people interpret Charlaine Harris' writing as. Is Eric written as a softy with a dark side or as a ..."
Eric is written as both IMO. I can see Eric's darkside when he has to do what needs to be done to keep his vamps safe or his business intact. His softer and human moments are mostly with Sookie but I can also see it in his relationship with Pam. Erics' true nature, like I said before is hard to pin because Charlaine hasn't really given enough background on him for anyone to say is this way or that way. The small glimpse we got of his past in Dead and Gone seemed to make him more human and softer than the previous books ,but still to me that's not enough to define Eric. Your either honing in on his badass side or your going for the more romantic side which is why people seem to have interpeted Eric as Good Vamp or Bad Vamp. Again this MO

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I think Eric does what needs to be done with no regrets, appologies or guilt. If that includes punishing, killing, hunting humans, then so be it.

I also think he has tender, protective feelings for Sookie and Pam, and probably others we haven't seen. He's been alive for centuries and we've only seen him a few years, through Sookie's eyes. He seems to have no problem doing thoughtful things for Sookie any more than he has problems kickin' butt.

I don't think he's a good guy OR a bad guy. I just think he's Eric the Vampire, Sherriff of Area 5. That's it.

message 13: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Oh, Kandice! I {HEART} you! I love your take on Eric. That is pretty much at what I have been trying to say but have been having a hard time getting my point across.

Although I personally think of him as a little more animalistic rather than bad or good. You rock Kandice!!!!

And Jael, love your points too! We don't have a whole lot of background for Eric. But in my mind when I have been trying to get an idea of his character, when I saw that scene of the torture chamber, it totally fit. I can see him doing that to humans he thinks has wronged other vamps, and still have feelings for Sookie that are strong and perhaps even love. That is why I look at him as more animalistic than human.

Thanks guys! You rock!

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Logan (tnashes) | 7 comments I believe that we see part of Eric's true nature when his memory is erased and he is down to just his basic self. That was when he could show Sookie his true feelings for her. Once his memory was restored, the vulnerable Eric is still under there and he still loves Sookie, it's just that his experiences and responsibilities get in the way.

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) Kandice wrote: "I think Eric does what needs to be done with no regrets, appologies or guilt. If that includes punishing, killing, hunting humans, then so be it.

I also think he has tender, protective feelings..."

Oh that is perfect Kandice and I totally agree!! I LOVE ME SOME ERIC the good and the bad..lol!!

message 16: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I think he's like any ruthless creature. Capable of doing whatever needs to be done, whether he has to inflict pain on humans or vamps or weres. It's not a matter of how good or bad he is since we can't judge him by our standards. He's definitely a layered character though. As Bill says, Eric has a vitality that many other vamps do not possess, which means he can appreciate being able to live his life in the open. Anything that amuses him is worth some time. I think his feelings for Sookie are genuine, but that he may not have been willing to become so attached to her emotionally if he hadn't spent time with her when his memory was wiped. During that time, his love of fun and adventure was still intact, without all the political complications put upon him in normal life. It showed that, if he didn't always have to be so alert and on edge, he might care more about those around him and might seek out different people for the sheer amusement of it all. He even questions why the vamps and weres despise each other. In his real life, experiences have taught him that there's no benefit to caring. But since he had a taste of what it meant to care about Sookie, it's a reminder of the finer points of human emotions. She got under his skin and he's marveling at how happy she made him. It's the old case of you don't miss what you haven't had, and after a 1000 years of being without, he seems to think, well shit, I liked that feeling. It could have easily led him to resent Sookie, actually.

Of course, I am also very sure that it's case specific with Sookie. But it's supported by his desire to be mostly mainstream and unharassed if he can help it.

message 17: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments You guys rock! I don't know why, but it started driving me crazy to see that Eric's character has been romanticized so much that people started seeing him as a softy. Don't get me wrong. I do believe he has a soft side, but it's very limited. But seeing other's oppinions of his character almost made me feel like I was reading different books than everyone else out there. You guys helped me see that isn't so much the case.

I know, I know. Everyone is allowed to have their own oppinions. I get that. But I was trying to look at Charlaine Harris' writing specifically and how she actually wrote the character. At least I know I am not the only one that loves Eric for the vampire he is :-)

message 18: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Oh, he's an arrogant prick! He freely admits to his ruthlessness and is in no way apologetic. But I'm all about the cocky bad boy. And I think he's growing more and more capable of caring for her. But no one other than Pam and Sookie (the only two people he's ever invited to his home) registers to him as having personal worth.

message 19: by J. *~Phayte~* (new)

J. *~Phayte~* (jmckinzie317) | 22 comments I completely agree with Michelle M.

I wouldn't love Eric if he wasn't the ruthless bad boy vampire he is. While I loved learning that there is a soft side under the walls he's had to build to protect himself, I was going to be thoroughly annoyed and disappointed if we didn't get ruthless Eric back.

In addition, I think Eric is the best character out of all of them. He is ruthless and cunning because he has to be in order to survive in his world, and yet, he actually learned from the memory wiping ordeal, and realized he has to appreciate the good things that come along. Those good things keep the world more interesting and amusing. Which is why he continues to actively appreciate Sookie; she is that good thing for him. He's almost got the best of both worlds. He's a lover AND a fighter. He's a man (though undead) capable of learning from the things that happen to him. And he's still not perfect, which makes him all the more wonderful somehow. I love Eric all the way.

Bill keeps coming up short until the end of Dead and Gone. He's too inconsistent with his love for Sookie.

message 20: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I don't think anyone can paint Eric as a good guy by human standards. But by vamp standards, even Bill admits that Eric is "good" in Dead Until Dark. And all along the way, we hear that he's "good" to the vamps in his service, letting them all do their own thing so long as they satisfy their Fangtasia obligations. He's been called a rogue, and he seems to appreciate others who are too. He's also very forward-thinking, concentrating on ways to improve his business and his position by playing the game, not by taking out everyone around him. He's more...honorable? than a lot of the other vampires and respectful of his minions personal preferences. He also wants his own life, as evidenced by his total lack of desire to become a King--too much pressure for him, too much scrutiny, and too many obligations.

In terms of Sookie, I think part of the reason he makes decisions for her is because she just can't see the full picture. She's not stupid, but she doesn't think like a vampire. Since she doesn't think like one, she can't see the long game while Eric can. It's like Sookie's trying to play chess, but doesn't know the rules, so a master strategist decides to take over.

Poor Bill. I think he truly loves her now and has for some time. He even has her on a pedestal as the one who got away. I think she sees that and also now understands that compulsion was a major, insurmountable factor of his betrayal in Jackson, just as he couldn't defy the orders of his Queen when he first came to Bon Temps. But appreciating and understanding that doesn't mean she'd want to be so emotionally vulnerable with him again.

If it were me, I'd come to terms with it and appreciate him again as a person (vamp) and I would want the best for him, and I might even place my trust in him. But I wouldn't want to personally date him again. Mentally understanding the reasons and fully overcoming them emotionally are two very different things. I wouldn't be able to open myself to him to the degree of romantic vulnerability.

message 21: by J. *~Phayte~* (new)

J. *~Phayte~* (jmckinzie317) | 22 comments Michelle M. wrote: "I don't think anyone can paint Eric as a good guy by human standards. But by vamp standards, even Bill admits that Eric is "good" in Dead Until Dark. And all along the way, we hear that he's "good"..."

I really love your post. Completely agree with what you are saying. I just wanted to put that out there.

message 22: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Tee hee! Thanks!

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I like this thread b/c while everyone doesn't agree about the good/bad in eric we can all at least agree we love him! I think he's a cards on the table kind of guy, a survivor and really there's good and bad to everyone. He's not always forthcoming but given the chance he will always be honest without holding back. I like the way Alan is taking his character- like he said you need to see the dark side so you appreciate the human side we'll see later.

I'm still praying that Charlaine doesn't kill him off. I get the vibe she might but I have no idea how she'd do it given that she's already said that it would hurt them if anything happened to the other b/c of the blood bond. Eric tells her it would be bad for her if he died. I wouldn't be surprised if Pam gets killed for Eric and that puts a riff in their relationship either. Can't wait to see what she has in store next!

message 24: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Lauren wrote: "I like this thread b/c while everyone doesn't agree about the good/bad in eric we can all at least agree we love him! I think he's a cards on the table kind of guy, a survivor and really there's go..."

Agreed! I am glad so many people are on Team Eric with me.

I don't feel sympathy for Bill at all. If Sookie never gets back together with him, I can't blame her at all. Bill betrayed her several times. But I am a person that takes betrayal pretty hard. I don't forgive easily at all. I do think he loves her. I just think it's too little too late. Plus I feel like if she were ever to give him another chance, he would end up breaking her heart again some how.

On a side note, I wasn't loving Anna Paquin last season so much. But after Sunday's episode, I LOVE her! She is Sookie!

message 25: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Lauren, I just can't imagine her killing him off. I think he might have to make some serious choices though and may not be a favorite of the establishment.
As for his statement that it would be bad for Sookie if he died, I didn't think to read into that. I thought that was Eric fishing for a declaration or confirmation of Sookie's feelings for him...

You make it sound like foreshadowing! Ack!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I got foreshadowing from a lot of things. Him saying "you're killing me" twice really did it for me though b/c Eric is so straight forward that I could definately see him meaning that literally. Especially after Pam's comment! Plus Quinn offered to stake him before and I could see him returning with a chip on his shoulder. I've seen a few things that def might lead me to believe that it's not out of the question. I think I'd burn all my books if that happened though lol. And cry for a month straight.

message 27: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) We'd be in mourning together.
The only thing I had a sense of foreshadowing for was babies, but that's for another thread.

If she killed him off, I'd hope it would be a little more complicated than Quinn and a stake!

But I think this blood bond and his continued, voluntary deepening of it, is going to have major repercussions. He already said in Rhodes that they were too tightly bound, and there have been more exchanges since.

I think the fact that he's voluntarily strengthening it, even though the bond works BOTH ways and grants her influence over him, is VERY telling.

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren At this point I don't know what she will do but I can bet it'll be big and part of me has a feeling that I won't like it if harm comes to my big viking lol. If you go to her site she says there will absolutely never be vampire/human babies ever ever ever so that rules that out.

message 29: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments If Eric is killed off, I think I may just have to give up the series! I know a lot of people would feel that way too. I do think something is up from the last book that Charlaine Harris wasnt' ready to go into. I am hoping that the short story coming out in October may shed some light on the situation. But we may have to wait a whole other year. I think something bad is going on with Eric whether he caused it or is in the middle of it.

message 30: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) One of the new stories will be about the Brietlings. Don't know what the other will focus on.

Yeah, I know no vampire/human babies, but that doesn't mean a pregnancy isn't possible. Just means it ain't a vamp's kid. It might just be that all the talk of babies will make Sookie focus on her own desires in that department more and might influence her behaviour soon.

If something happens to that delicious Viking, I will be at a total loss. I love the series, but he is what makes me giddy and obsessed over it!

Some sort of trouble is brewing with him, I'll agree on that score. But I shan't listen to anymore "Eric's gonna die" speculation! ::sniffsniff:: It's just ever so depressing and heartbreaking to consider!

message 31: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I was pondering Eric's ability to strategize and how most people say that Eric will always be numero uno to Eric and that most everything he does has layered meaning and ulterior motivation. Most of which I agree with.

But there's one moment where I cannot see any ulterior motive, and he's clearly putting someone's life above his own: In ATD, when Sookie is holding the soda can bomb, Eric tries everything he can to get her to give it to him. He tries to reason with her. He tries to grab at it. He even tries to exert his will upon her using his hypno-powers. And when none of that works, he still remains standing there until the bomb is removed. To top it all off, once she's safe, he doesn't even use it as an excuse for physical affection.

It seems to be a moment of pure selflessness to me. He's even surprised at himself when he thinks of it later.

Thoughts?

message 32: by J. *~Phayte~* (new)

J. *~Phayte~* (jmckinzie317) | 22 comments Michelle M. wrote: "I was pondering Eric's ability to strategize and how most people say that Eric will always be numero uno to Eric and that most everything he does has layered meaning and ulterior motivation. Most o..."

I love you for noticing that! I hadn't even thought of it, although I read through the books so quickly because they're so addicting, that I know I missed some stuff. I agree with you. I want to add something so badly but I think you covered it. I remember feeling like that moment between the two of them was different.

Although, Bill is always throwing himself into the line of fire for her. So does that make Bill the better, more selfless man? Personally, I don't think so, because Eric at least tries to do things that might keep Sookie out of trouble, or at least keep her protected. Where as, Sookie has often been in trouble because of Bill.

message 33: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Bill just doesn't think long term consequences. It's not his way. I think that's the main difference. They're both acting very much in the now, but Eric always has the long game in mind, is always calculating the probable outcomes, is taking in everything at once. For all that Eric is daring and passionate, Bill seems the reactionary, impulsive one.

As for constantly putting oneself at risk, Eric has also protected Sookie in some way in every book. He's always diving on top of her as the bullets and fangs let loose! So there's evidence that he's just as protective of her physically, but is wily enough to also see how that protective moment will benefit him. By virtue of age, he's probably not as ruled by his vamp instincts either. Like in Living Dead in Dallas, as the bullets tear through the house, Eric covers her, while Bill seeks the hunt. I always imagine Eric's swift train of thought being "Hmn, help take down the murderous bastards, or play the hero to the useful pretty little human? She won't be any good to anyone with holes in her, and I DO want to bed her some day and Bill's no where in sight. Shield it is! How fun!"

I always crack up when I think of them at Sophie Ann's and he dives on top of her with this gleeful glint in his eye as he tells her he's protecting her. And her response is basically "That's nice dear, now go play with the other vamps and protect your Queen," resulting in Bowling for Vampires. He's very funny that way, where he takes every chance to shield her as much as Bill does, but that rogue smile and exhilaration make it into something completely different. And I love that easy confidence in battle, the joy he projects, and as Sookie says, he's savagely beautiful in that moment and just loves a good fight. Bill's all about broody emotions and the classic man's role while Eric is into the life-affirming thrills.

But the bomb...there was no warrior's lust there. Nor was there any gleeful kiddie moment of sharing the excitement and the thrill of the hunt. There was no adrenaline-induced desire to possess her. There was the real threat of final death and his presence in that somber moment of stillness, all of them holding their breath and powerless to control events, is what struck me as significant. Eric is all TOO aware of what might happen and despite having ZERO desire to die, he's there anyway. And shocks the shit out of himself in the process!

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Michelle M- I couldn't agree with you more! That is EXACTLY how I percieve him! And why I love him so much haha

message 35: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments Just for fun, for you Eric fans, there is a poll currently on www.bittenforbooks.com about who the sexiest leading man is. I'm pretty sure that the poll ends tonight and currently the lead keeps going back and forth between Eric and Dimitri from the Richelle Mead Vampire Academy series.

message 36: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Psst. It's actually http://bittenbybooks.com/

I wavered for a brief second when I saw Acheron's name, but Ash got so very wussy after his HEA that I shot him down.

message 37: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I only just found this interview, so I imagine there are others of you who haven't read it yet.

I love how apparent it is that this man has read the books and GETS the character.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=...

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (rhiannonsgrace) I think Eric's very nature was established before he was turned into a Vamp. I mean he was a Viking warrior for pete's sake. He had to be hard, and I think when he crossed over into being a vampire that background helped him. I think he's perfect for Sookie. She isn't the delicate girl everyone else wants her to be. I think Eric sees her for who she really is, and will be.

Eric might think of himself first, but in thinking of himself first he's also looking after everyone he's responsible for. You know?

Go Team Eric!

message 39: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I get ya. His people, his retinue, are like an extension of himself.

Almost makes him sound patriarchal...but you're correct that he's a good leader. And that he had to be ruthless in life, which was good preparation.

And on the homefront, he was also a loving husband and father. Not gushy, but certainly not unfeeling. Eric manages to show his caring side through actions (words are apparently cheap), which I'm glad Sookie at least notices, though I'm waiting for her to give full weight to them!

message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (rhiannonsgrace) I think Sookie's in denial about her feelings for Eric because she's afraid of getting hurt again. Bill and Quinn did a number on her heart.

message 41: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Agreed. Plus I think she's so focused on his political position and the complications that brings. She also doesn't seem to think she's worthy of his attentions. When she goes to Eric to ask him for a bartender for Sam (I think that's the right scene), some chick is there wondering how Sookie snags Eric's attention. And Sookie says she wonders herself!

Amusing to me how the first man to want to marry her was amnesia Eric! Alcide did ask her to move in, so I guess that counts too...but she puts a lot of importance on marriage. How many times has she mentioned that Bill never asked her??

Lol...and now she IS sorta' married. At least, in vamp circles she is.

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (rhiannonsgrace) I'm hoping in the next book, it won't just be vamp circles, but if she ends up with anyone other than Eric, I'm not going to be impressed!

message 43: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) Bill has always been loyal to Sookie. Eric so does not impress me. Sookie should go with Bubba,LOL. When is he going to be on TrueBlood. Now that would be something to see. There is probably some legal entanglement with the Elvis estate, and having him portrayed as a vampire. I am sure Pricilla and Lisa Maria would not dig it.

message 44: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Jessica, I'm hoping the opposite...I need me some vamp politics, especially with all the new players. I want to see how they're really treating Eric! And who betrayed Eric and Vegas to Seigbert? When will Sookie end up in Vegas! And how will Eric's marriage ploy really turn out for them? And will there be repercussions for Eric getting involved with the Fae? A lot has been happening on the vamp side that we haven't been privy to!

message 45: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (rhiannonsgrace) I want to know all of that too! But I do want them together, and I'd be happy if Quinn stayed MIA!Maybe Bill told Siegbert where to find them, in an attempt to remove his competition for Sookie's affections?

message 46: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) Oh yeah right Jessica. Bill told them fer sure. So he would be caught and executed along with Eric. I think not. Bill is loyal to Eric as a subject and a friend. He has always helped Eric, and Eric has always helped Bill. The only one who helps Sookie with no personal motives is Bubba. Yeah Bubba I am the head of Team Bubba, LOL. I am smart enough to know that ultimately neither Bill nor Eric is going to get Sookie. Sookie is going to want a normal life someday with kids and all that. She will probably mary a human witch. Because although she will want normal human life. She also likes the supernatural world and has many friends. So the vampires and other supes will always be in her life. A male witch is the best match for her. He would be human yet deply into and have a great understanding of the supernatural world. She will meet this witch through Amellia.

message 47: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Lol, Jessica. I think Bill has a little more self-preservation than that. At least, I hope he does, because trying to off Eric AND the King of LV would be rather...stoopid! Wow, would my estimation of him plummet if that were the case. Besides, with it happening at Merlotte's there would be a good chance of Sookie involvement and I don't think Bill would take that kind of risk. Maybe Clancy! He always was a cantankerous old git.

You're right, Quinn can stay away. I might grant him a reprieve if his mother ever kicks the bucket. Then he'd have something new to say.

But yes, Eric. Always Eric as my number one. :)

Do you ever notice how they sometimes bicker just like an old married couple? Nobody gets Eric riled like Sookie does!

message 48: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) Yeah I noticed how Bill and Sookie bicker like a young couple do. Older married couples do not bicker in my family anyway. They know each other to well for that. No one fights in my family but me and my sister. My parents were married all their lives and rarely had a harsh word for one another. Young married couples that bicker are a couple that aint gonnah last. Your right Eric pisses Sookie off allot, and that is not a sign of true love or a good relationship. Unless you come from the school of disfunctional relationships.

message 49: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I actually meant Eric and Sookie with the "bicker like an old married couple" comment. They tick each other off a fair amount, but I was thinking it was a case of the lady doth protest too much.

Funny, but I think older couples bicker more. Might be a NY thang.

message 50: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) I think its just an individual thing. Some people like to fight and argue. I come from the school of chillin like a villian, an it's all good. So it's fun to specualte what is going on in TrueBlood because it is so different from the books. Honestly I have no Idea what Daphne is. She knows what Sam is. Obiviously she is under the Maenaed Marryannes control. I have not seen anything with horns on its head. So I am not thinking Minotaur. To be honest I have no idea of what Eggs is. But I would go with Karl as the pig. He is big and fat and always cooking.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9