Writing Help-Group For Everyone discussion

PRINCESS PINKS FOLDER. > PRINCESS PINKS WRITING.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Nov 27, 2013 02:32AM) (new)

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) | 337 comments Mod
https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT..HONEST!

A story of domestic violence and revenge.Poor Trudy and her desperation.
This story came 2nd in my first story comp.
The theme was "I accidentally killed my best friend/pet etc.
I wrote this to show the desperation of an abused person.It was an accident though,wasn't it?
Click to read.

message 2: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Nov 27, 2013 02:33AM) (new)

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) | 337 comments Mod
WHERE'S MY DOLLY?
The innocence of a child who believed her dolly was dead.

Poor Melanie,where did her new dolly go?Click to see what happened

message 3: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Feb 21, 2014 04:37PM) (new)

BROKEN FAMILY.Joan and Ray were the happiest people alive,had a beautiful daughter,no money worries,house,car,everything,until Ray was made redundant and the tragic events that followed.A story set in the 1980's of how redundancy can affect and change a once happy,loving family,leading to
prostitution,drugs,alcoholism and internet stalking,including the emotional story of Joan and Rays child being taken to a safe haven.

stats Published on 2013-10-28

This is my first attempt at writing a novelette.I have the makings of 9 chapters but still have research to do to add in stuff I have missed.I.e,foster parents,the process of having your child taken away from you.
Here is a sample.
Click the link above to read.

message 4: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Feb 21, 2014 04:36PM) (new)

I'm happy to say that I'm 17 chapters in on 'Broken Family'and it's going well.At this rate it may well be ready before xmas.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Princess! I'll be sure to check these out! ^-^

Yay..30 chapters almost written on my novella.

A CHILDS INSTINCT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The clock on the mantelpiece ticked loudly and the little girl played with her dolls as her father smoked on his pipe reading the newspaper.
"Daddy why did you go?" she suddenly asked
"I didn't go sweetheart,I never left,I'm here"
"Yes daddy,I can see you,so can Florence,my dolly"
"I love you darling,never forget" he said
"I love you too Daddy" Charlotte went to him and gave him a hug.
Just then the door opened and her mother entered the room.She thought she could smell a familiar aroma of tobacco in the air and a tear fell down her face.
"Who were you talking to darling'"?she asked her daughter.
" Why daddy of course mummy,he's in his armchair,look"!
But there was no one there.
There'd been a telegram that morning.

"We regret to inform you that your husband Colonel Reginald Llewellyn Carter was killed in action while serving his queen and country".
~ © Linzy 2014.

A MOTHERS LOVE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Philip and Nancy opened the big green door of their new home,it was an old terraced house and the first thing Philip did was check out the attic.
Through cobwebs and dust he sneezed,and out of the corner of his eye he thought he seen something in white float past.
He jumped as he heard Nancy shout up to him.
"PHILIP,CAN'T YOU DO THAT LATER"?
" I'll be down now Babe" he answered.
As he turned a cold draught swept past his face,a whisper,then the sound of a door closing.
Alarmed by this Philip turned to make his way down the stepladder. Suddenly he stopped and went back to where he'd been and seen a black battered box with the lid open,the lid had been closed before,he hadn't even got round to looking inside. Nancy had called and that was when he felt the cold draught which had made him nervous.
As Philip looked inside the box he noticed a note.

"For my daughter Nancy,with all the love in the world on your 21st Birthday and all the birthdays I've missed...and for my grandaughter Phillipa Anne....your loving mother and Grandmother Gertrude".xx.

Underneath the note was a large black enamel tin box..it wasn't locked and he looked inside.It was full to the brim with old five and ten pound notes.
Nancy's mother had died as she was born,at just 21 years old she slipped away as Nancy screamed her way into the world.
Philip recalled a white image when he had first stepped into the attic,he'd never believed in ghosts or anything paranormal.
Today was Nancy's 21st birthday, she was exactly the same age as her mother was when she passed away.
As Philip told Nancy of his find she gasped in shock.
" But my mother never met me,never knew my name" she told Philip.

The next day they made an appointment at a solicitors office.
They took the battered box to the solicitors office and Philip explained everything that had happened in the attic.
He examined the money."The only way to, find out if the moneys real is to take it to the bank " he explained. "As for the note...well......if the moneys real so is the note.

Nancy phoned her father,he'd know her mothers handwriting, she'd put a signature,her father must have something to compare it to.
Nancy's father had kept every letter her mother had written back to him when they were courting.
He compared the writing and it was a match.
Her father shook his head and couldn't fathom any of it.

That same day they took the old notes to the bank.
"You're quite rich" said the cashier at the bank.
In exchange these old notes are worth £10,000
Nancy gasped as she held her pregnant stomach.

Nancy gave birth 2 months later to a beautiful 6lb 4oz baby girl who they'd called Philippa Anne,a name that had been decided before they had even found the battered box in the attic.
How it got there?...........
Nancy later found out this had been the first home her mother had lived with her grandparents.

Philip never seen the white figure again or felt the cold draught sweep past him.
~ © Linzy 2014.