What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Pharaohs of Egypt (Caravel Books)
This topic is about Pharaohs of Egypt
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED!: Non-Fiction Ancient Egypt from '70s/80s with King Tut cover [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle (bestofqueen) | 2 comments I got this book out of the school library a lot when i was in the 5th grade (2005)
I remember it being a non-fiction hardback book (and well used, thus the date range), having a dark mustard yellow cover, I think the binding was sort of threaded, and a photograph of king tut's sarcophagus on the cover of the book. It was a thicker book too. It went over the basic history of ancient Egypt (including kings) and towards the end I think it went over current day findings. I also remember a picture of the Nile in it.
Thank you to anyone that can help! I have a strange bond with this book.

message 2: by Serendi (new)

Serendi Barbara Mertz, who wrote fiction as Barbara Michaels and Elizabeth Peters, was an Egyptologist who wrote two popular books under her own name, Red Land, Black Land: Daily Life in Ancient Egypt and Temples, Tombs & Hieroglyphs: A Popular History of Ancient Egypt. Could it be either of those?

(Hadn't realized she recently passed away; met her a couple of times about thirty years back.)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
"The Usborne Book of the Ancient World" by Jane Chisholm?
http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-World-I...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
"Ancient Egypt (Methuen's outlines)" by Roger Raymond Sellman?
http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Methuen...

Was it a picture book for children?

message 5: by Tytti (last edited Nov 27, 2013 08:40AM) (new)

Tytti | 190 comments Aah, I know this one, maybe..! Though it was more about the King Tut... Unfortunately the book is at my childhood home. Maybe I remember ask/search for it when I have more time.

Danielle (bestofqueen) | 2 comments Thank you everyone! unfortunately none of these were it, but I did email my old elementary/middle school to help find the book and they found it for me!
It was Pharaohs of Egypt