Gringotts Vault of Role-Plays discussion

Classes > History of Magic

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

Alice | 3971 comments Mod
This snore-filled class is full of Odric the Oddball and others, and yes it is still taught by the one and only ghost teacher in the school; Professor Binns. Have a great sleep in the class!
((please do begin))

message 2: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

Crona walked into the classroom and sat down on one of the long rows of seats that were placed in front of the tables. She unpacked her stuff and waited for their ghost of a teacher, Professor Binns to come.

message 3: by Mr_awesome (new)

Mr_awesome | 575 comments Milo walked in sitting next to Crona, taking out what was required for the specific class.

message 4: by Maison, Upper Body Moderator (new)

Maison | 2243 comments Mod
Luka entered the classroom and sat next to Milo, taking out his books. Professor Binns floated into the classroom and up to the front of the class. Luka found this class slightly boring seeing as the professor had a habit of droning on but he always achieved top marks for it. Even when Luka wasn't paying attention he was always listening and remembering information, which was sometimes a creepy habit...

((Long reply because I was bored :DD))

message 5: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((I see ;) ))
Crona sat up and began to take notes when the professor began to talk. His droning voice was like a continueing casset about goblin wars but Crona was used to boring talks like his so she continued to pay extreme attention to his lesson.
((wow. There really isn't too much we can do right?))

message 6: by Mr_awesome (new)

Mr_awesome | 575 comments Milo decided it would be best to take notes, so he began to decipher and write down the droning. Yet he slightly struggled to keep awake.

message 7: by Mr_awesome (new)

Mr_awesome | 575 comments ((We could cast something to allow our feathers to write down this for us?))

message 8: by Maison, Upper Body Moderator (last edited Dec 24, 2013 01:14AM) (new)

((Yeah, there isn't really. Unless something happens or someone causes a scene hahha))

Luka sighed and started taking notes as well, but not paying complete attention. He was instead daydreaming, completely in his own world.

message 9: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

Rhiannon (checkers82) | 2502 comments Mod
Mirabella hated this subject also. She considered just sleaping but then thought against it and picked up her quill, doodling on the side of the page with it. At least it would look like she was doing work.

message 10: by Mr_awesome (new)

Mr_awesome | 575 comments ((Your grammar, believe it to be a game?))

message 11: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

Professor Binns paused in his notes and Crona took that time to glance at the others, Milo was graudually drowsing away, Luka was daydreaming and from what Crona could see Mirabella was only doodling. She sighed and looked back up as the professor continued yet again.
((there really isn't all that much to do in this class, in hp all they really did was play games while Binns went on or there was one time when Hedwig slammed into the window... I don't really think we can do all to much... unless we just end the class now or something?))

message 12: by Mr_awesome (new)

Mr_awesome | 575 comments ((End this class and agree to never return again?))

message 13: by Maison, Upper Body Moderator (new)

((Yeah I don't mind, we could just time skip or whatever))

message 14: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((yup that works, to lunch then?))
DING DONG! The bell went and Crona looked up at Binns who looked dully suprised that the lesson had already finished. She packed up her long and dutiful notes and began to head out towards the door. "Lunch then." She called out to the guys behind her, "I'll see you all later."

message 15: by Mr_awesome (new)

Mr_awesome | 575 comments "But wait," said Milo "I'll come with you" he said hurrying and quickly packing up.

message 16: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

"Sure then." Crona said as she waited by the door, "Hurry up. I don't want to spend to long of my time waiting for someone like you." She smirked as she talked.

message 17: by Maison, Upper Body Moderator (new)

Luka snapped out of his weird daydream and looked confused for a second before collecting up his things. He turned around and waited for Mirabella and then walked down to the Hall with her.

message 18: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

((where are we going?))

message 19: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

((oh. to the hall?))

message 20: by Maison, Upper Body Moderator (new)

((yes XD))

message 21: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

((well im there))

message 22: by Vortex (new)

Vortex | 895 comments Ben walked into class. He sat down and got his stuff ready. He waited for everyone else to come in.
'Jeez, you are such a goody too shoes. Why don't you come in later.' said Mal
"Ugh, can't you just shut it for once. I know you want control, but this is just absolute torture." said Ben rubbing his temples.

message 23: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

Equ skipped into the classroom, happily chatting to the others. She continued with talking as she went over to Ben and sat next to him, "Heya Ben! I wonder what we're doing in class?"

Just as she wondered Professor Binns slowly floated into the classroom, shimmering through one small boy student who shivered and closed his eyes tightly shut. "Hello class." He said in his monotone voice, already a lullaby for some other students who were lazing on their tables, "Today we will be learning about the Vampire Wars." He begun his drone, not even waiting for other students to run into his class, "It began in 1659 on the 18th of May, when Sir Rufis Lindbottom was turned into a vampire, this of course caused a huge upturn..." He continued.

message 24: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((BTW GUY!!! ALL OF THE STUFF YOUR LEARNING IN THIS PARTICULAR LESSON ALL IS A PART OF MY STRANGE MIND!!! SIR RUFIS LINDBOTTOM IS ONLY A HORRID FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION AND THERE NEVER WERE ANY VAMPIRE WARS (at least I can't remember reading about any in the books >u< ) SO DON'T BELIEVE THIS LESSON TO BE REAL HARRY POTTER HISTORY!! Thought I'd just let y'all know ;) ))

message 25: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

Abigale shuffled into class. She was only 5 minutes late and professor Binns had already started his monotone drone. She slipped into the closest desk to her and slid out her books from her bag. Dipping her quill nib into the inkwell she began writing out notes. The idea of vampires sounded odd to her. These were the things of made up stories and now her teacher, a ghost, was talking about as if it were just the stuff of old stuffy textbooks. Abigale shook her head out of her daze and went back to her note taking.

message 26: by Alice, Head Moderator (last edited Jun 09, 2014 07:58PM) (new)

Equ looked across to Abigale who had entered the room, slightly late. She stood up and quickly tip-toed over to Abigale, "Heya!" She whispered quietly to her, not that it mattered much, Professor Binns really was in his own world when he was lecturing. "Vampires are pretty cool eh?"

message 27: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

"It's a bit weird. I mean I never believed in vampires so this is just so different from what I know. I'm getting used to it though," she said with a shurg,"but we better get back to our work. Professor Binns would get upset if he knew we werent listening."

message 28: by Vortex (new)

Vortex | 895 comments ((can we time skip..........))

message 29: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

((why would we do that?))

message 30: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((Yes! Yes! Equ and Abigale are talking! Geez -_- so unconsiderate))

Equ quietly giggled, "Lili told me that apparently Binns completely ignores the whole class during his lectures." She smiled and made herself more comfortable on the seat, "Are your parents muggles?" She asked curiously.

message 31: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

"Well, they dont have magic, if thats what you mean," Abigale said as she continued to take notes. "Hey do you think that if I just publish this as, like, a normal person book that it will make heaps of money?"

message 32: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((Well at the moment we're having a 1st year lesson so... if you want to continue with Kida down in the Kitchen thats fine thought?))

"Yep! Muggles are people without any magic at all!" Equ grinned at Abigale, "But if these notes were to be published in the muggle world.... it would probably be just like one of those fake vampire 'know-it-all' books or something. Plus the vampires would get pretty angry at us all."

message 33: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (last edited Jun 10, 2014 02:01AM) (new)

"Are vampires scary?" Abigale asked questioningly. "Besides, it would be just like twilight... just a bit more boring and textbooky," she said with a little giggle.

message 34: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

"Vampires are super duper scary!" Equ said sternly to Abigale, "Never take a vampire's snack, or you'll be it! That's a well known saying that all wizards use!" She giggled, "But.... what's Twilight?" She asked in a curious voice.

message 35: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

"Oh it's a really silly... um... normal person movie. Maybe we could have a bad movie marathon at my place? We could get pizza and hire the DVD's. It would be super fun."

message 36: by mia (new)

mia | 1274 comments ((Did they drag Alex along with them or is he late forth class??))

message 37: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((Umms I'm guessing he was dragged in? You could just say that or something??))

"Yeah sure! I'm pretty sure there's some sort of holidays are coming up! I should come over to your place for that!" She giggled, "But... what's a DVD? Is it one of those things you mix with a muggles box painting or something?"

message 38: by mia (new)

mia | 1274 comments Alex, who was sitting beside Ben , was not paying any attention to Professor Binns. Instead, he was drawing a sketch of himself on the latest broom, the lighting bolt.

message 39: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (last edited Jun 10, 2014 03:02AM) (new)

Abigale scratched her head as she thought back to the completly obscure bits of infomation that she had researched in the past. "Well a DVD, which is an acronym for digital video disc, is a compact disc, or CD, which is esentially a peice of plastic and metal that has very, very tiny groves in it that store infomation that a laser can pick up and read which gets sent to somewhere else. A DVD's infomation usually gets sent to a DVD player, a special machine made specifically to read a DVD, which then sends the infomation to a televition screen... Um, a TV, televition is those big peices of glass that you might have seen that has the pictures on it. TVs are peices of glass with millions of little lights, called pixels, and when given signal from something else different things light up to create a picture, for example with a movie, which is on a DVD. Sorry was that too confusing? I've never really had to explain to anyone what a DVD was before. If what I just said didn't make any sense, just think of it as muggle magic. Yeah,"

message 40: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

((haha, god that was the weirdest thing I've ever done... Actually, probably not but it was certainly weird.))

message 41: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

((That's ok! Frankly I was hoping you'd catch on the box painting thing -_- cause Equ's used to paintings which move... so yeahs ;) ))

Equ's face held a blank smile, "I... see... interesting..." She blinked very slowly, "I did not understand a word of that so I'm just going with that muggles have weird ideas and magic."

message 42: by mia (new)

mia | 1274 comments As Alex completed his messy sketch, he found himself looking for Equ. She was sitting with Abigale, with a blank smile on her face. Beside him , Ben was listening attentively to Professor Binns.
" Hey Ben , are you planning to beat me in the exams?" he grinned and poked Ben playfully.

message 43: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

"Magic is an interesting concept when you think about it. It's all about perspective. If everyone on the world could use magic it wouldn't seem very magic, would it? I think that everyone has a little bit of magic in them, even if it's not flashy like ours. It could just be that someone is so smart that they can come up with something like the TV or CD, or even just being alive is magic in itself, or that's what I think anyway," Abigale babbled merrily.

message 44: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

((I did, but I dont think that would be the first thing that Abigale thought of))

message 45: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

Equ smiled, "I guess I've never really thought of it like that!"

message 46: by Maison, Upper Body Moderator (new)

Eve looked around and saw that she was in the middle of history of magic class. She had accidentaly fallen asleep through one of Professor Binn's droning lectures. It wasn't her fault, she just couldn't stay awake listening to his monotone voice.

message 47: by Vortex (new)

Vortex | 895 comments "You bet'cha i will!" Said Ben, poking Alex. Though in his mind he know he won't really do well.

message 48: by mia (new)

mia | 1274 comments "Well bro, you have a tough competition. Because I am not good at losing. "Alex said with a chuckle.

message 49: by Rhiannon, Lower Body Moderator (new)

"I think a lot... But I should be thinking about what professor Binns is saying. These notes aren't going to write themselves." Abigale said cheerily and put all her focus into her notes.

message 50: by Alice, Head Moderator (new)

Equ smiled and turned to Professor Binns. She picked up her quill and placed its tip on her piece of parchment, fully meaning to write noted, but found herself doodling instead.

« previous 1