What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Bitten (Otherworld, #1)
This topic is about Bitten
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > YA urban fantasy mainly werewolves female protagonist, send help~ [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliana (new)

Juliana T. (weathrhills) | 2 comments Hello, Good Readers!

Maybe the community can help me with that one.
The book I'm looking for is a work of fiction. Most likely YA, definitely urban fantasy, focused on werewolves, with a female protagonist. I'd say it was written in the mid 2000s, it takes places in modern times.

This is what I remember about the plot:
It was about a young woman (mid 20s?) who we understand is a werewolf, lives in a city (like that I'd say New York but I'm really not sure), is married(? stable boyfriend?) but has little family, is trying to live a normal life and has hidden her true nature from her husband(? long term bf?). However at night, she turns into her wolf self and goes to run in the big park (hence my idea about NYC) near her apartment building, where she can even hunt small game, but mostly, she needs to run. She shares little about herself and she can see it affects her relationship.

At some point, we learn that she used to live with other werewolves at some kind of manor in the countryside where lives what can be considered her family/pack. We understand that she made the choice to leave that place years ago to live a more normal life but is called back there for some reason that I don't remember.

There, she finds her ex boyfriend with whom she makes up briefly (I also think I remember them running and hunting in the woods as wolves and then naked because back to human form... what the....)

I somehow recall there were issues with "neighbours" because dead bodies of hikers(?) would show up in the woods near the manor...

And that's about it. I recently started to remember elements of the plot but I can't quite put my finger on the title and it's bugging me. Big time.
I hope I didn't read that book in French and that it's not one of those non-translated books that no one has ever heard of. Heck, I don't even remember if I liked that book.

Anyway. Help? And in advance, thank you :)

message 3: by Juliana (new)

Juliana T. (weathrhills) | 2 comments Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Its Bitten :)"
Well that was terribly fast. Thanks a lot!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bitten (other topics)