Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) Perfect Chemistry discussion

-Facepalm- Authors... just don't.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexandra Cook Alright I do have to admit the plot of the story is nice and all but the thing that bothers me the most about this was the fact they put TOO MUCH into Alex. I don't know exactly how to say this correctly but it seems like the author tries too hard to get the "gang banger attitude" without knowing exactly how they act. Seems too sterotypical. Lemme quote something from the book for an example ..... This is Alex's POV... "I walk back to my bike with a tail between my legs, wondering if I should feel like a kicked dog or an angry pitbull." Meh just bothers me too much and is a huge turn off to the book in my opinion. Oh also the author overly mentions details which already been clearly said. I give this book a 3/5. Decent but could've been written A LOT better.

Siham El I agree with you . The plot is nice but it could have been written better. Some parts were so slow just repeating or detailing abvious things. When some others were rushed, like the end. Personally, I didn't like it AT ALL. Like what the hell. So he just come back, they say some words & then we're back together. I don't know, but to me, she should have been angry, even a little bit.
Anyway, I give that book 3/5. It was a good read & I enjoyed it.

Wren i liked it a lot but i just had a little chuckle every time they mentioned "original gangsters". sounds like something out of an old movie or something

Ashley ok what about that quote is "stereotypical gang banger attitude"?
and of course the author tired hard to get the gang member attitude! if you wrote a book with a gang member in and he wasn't believable in his role it'd be stupid.

Romie i agree with ashley. he's a gangster, so you have to make it believable.

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee it was very much like romeo and juliet which it is kind of based on - the ending is very quick, although this one had a happy ending vice the tragedy in the original play

message 7: by Nur (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nur I don't understand what about that quote makes it sound like she is trying too hard to get the gang banger attitude. I'm pretty sure that in a similar situation most guys of not most people in general would have the same feeling. I know I would.

Keeley I think the writing was good. I never once felt like I was getting the whole gang thing shoved down my throat. I also don't see a problem with the quote?

Jacque I fail to see the problem...