Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Cover update/change

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
Has this book been published or released in any format, including advance release copies?

What format(s) is it to be published in?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Then is there any reason not to just delete the edition with the incorrect cover?

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Zoss (lzoss) | 3 comments I also am looking to update my cover. I'd like a little larger image than the one I originally uploaded to the book page however I get a message that only Librarian Status can make that change. Is there someone I send the image to? I am new to Goodreads so thanks for your patience!
-Lori Zoss, A Bed for Fred

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments You can post the link for the cover here and a librarian will help you.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Zoss (lzoss) | 3 comments Chelssie's~midnight~parade~of~a~hundred~demons wrote: "You can post the link for the cover here and a librarian will help you."

Thank you!

message 6: by Emy (last edited Nov 28, 2013 11:19AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5034 comments Deleting will merge the copies, so that the reviews go onto the remaining edition. No reviews will be lost.

(Have left notes if that is the way we decide is appropriate)

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Merged.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Too many authors were ignoring Goodreads policy on published covers. Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as users want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead, we add an alternate-cover edition. See http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... and http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/85....