Literary Adventure discussion

Holiday Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn Grace (literarymaddness) | 74 comments Mod
Hello bookish lads & ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. For those in the US, I wanted to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! I want to hear about your plans so please comment down below. My parents are getting older and have downsized to a small house so my mother passed me the holiday torch and this year I am hosting my very first Thanksgiving dinner. I am utterly overwhelmed but very excited! For those who are not in the US, tell me about your holiday traditions!

Reminders:
TOP 10 books you would like to read must be submitted soon, if you don't submit we won't read it.

Remember we do have a Pinterest account for pinning members! http://www.pinterest.com/Goodadventures/

We have polls at the bottom of the page, please vote!

Happy Holidays!

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin | 104 comments Mod
Hi, All,
Like Madelyn, my parent is getting older and we are not able to travel this year. Our actual Thanksgiving will be small, but our family will have some celebrations throughout the weekend. The more, or longer, the merrier! Have a safe and happy weekend :)

message 3: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn Grace (literarymaddness) | 74 comments Mod
Erin wrote: "Hi, All,
Like Madelyn, my parent is getting older and we are not able to travel this year. Our actual Thanksgiving will be small, but our family will have some celebrations throughout the weekend...."

Happy Holiday!

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (tojayturbo) | 7 comments Happy Thanksgiving, all!

My plans for the holiday include Thanksgiving dinner at my neighbor's Thursday evening. Every year, we get together with others in the neighborhood whose families are too far away to visit both for Thanksgiving and Christmas - there are a few of us who are single. So we plan to celebrate with dinner, Laura and I provide the turkey, stuffing, and one desert, others bring side dishes, and we put it all together. Usually works out very nicely, and we have a lot of fun. My job this year is turkey, but I will also be baking a pumpkin cake tomorrow. I feel so blessed to live in this neighborhood with such wonderful neighbors!

Then sometime during the weekend I will visit my 90 year old father who is now in an Alzheimer's facility.

I want to thank everyone who has posted their top ten books to read, and encourage anyone who has not posted to please do so. I am beginning to work on compiling the lists and get ready for some polls this weekend.

Have a great holiday!

message 5: by Gene (new)

Gene Wade | 20 comments I have family driving in that i haven't seen for a year. Big dinner and lots of people, should be fun.

I am excited for this one because its the first Thanksgiving i don't have to work on in a few years.

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Going to the thanksgiving buffet at fabulous ferns this year. We have gone out to eat the last couple years as the pressure gets to us, apparently.