Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Duplicate version on my book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Lewis (cplauthor) Over the weekend a second version of my book Love is showed up on Goodreads. I didn't add the new version and am unsure why it's there. Are you please able to delete the new version?

Thanks, Cassandra P Lewis

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi Cassandra,

It was an automatic import from the Amazon database for your kindle edition. Since you didn't previously have a kindle edition listed here, the import caused a new edition to be created (I think, this is mostly guesswork). Since the new edition incorrectly listed your name as "Cassandra P Lewis", without the period after your initial, it didn't appear on your author profile. I have corrected the spelling and combined it with the other edition of Love that was already here on Goodreads, which is consistent with GOodreads policy.

Am I correct in thinking that there are no other versions of your book available, besides the kindle edition? Or do you have an ISBN for the ebook edition?

message 3: by Plethora (last edited Nov 26, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 359 comments I see an eBook and a Kindle version that have been combined. This is how it should be, so a user can shelve the edition they own.

Is there another edition you are seeing?

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Bookworm, that was me.

Cassandra, if there is no other edition available besides the kindle (i.e., if you can't buy your book anywhere but Amazon as a kindle book), I'll delete the ebook edition.