What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Hot Girl's Friend
This topic is about The Hot Girl's Friend
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Childhood friends, one has a bet with a barman [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Ok, so I know the title of this post is seriously lacking, hopefully this will be a bit more useful!

Here's what I remember about the story:

Two women (girl 1; girl 2) who are friends, met when they were both leukemia patients as children.

Girl 2 didn't have much family, so no visitors in the hospital so girl 1 sort of 'took her under her wing' and made girl 2 part of her own family, been looking out for her ever since.

Girl 1 becomes girl 2 'wingman' to vet potential dates, making up creative excuses why girl 2 isn't available.

Girl 2 is 'picky' and has a 'list' that girl 1 follows.

Barman wagers a bet with girl 1 that she isn't the 'ugly sidekick' and can get dates of her own.

If girl 1 wins bet with barman, he buys her a slogan tshirt to wear when excusing girl 2 potential dates.

Barman introduces girl 1 to his friends, they go to a baseball game and a BBQ.

And that's as far as I can remember.

I really hope someone can help me with this, it's been bugging me like crazy for months and months now.

Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments How long ago did you read this?

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments I read it earlier this year. But it was online, on a blog, or something like that.

I never read the whole thing because it was taken down for copyright purposes, the owner of the blog was trying to pass it off as their own work, but I specifically remember people in the comments saying the actual authors name - so it does truly exist... somewhere!

message 4: by Jojo (new)

Jojo | 18 comments This sounds like the short story by Lisa Scott called The Hot Girl's Friend and it's one of the stories in Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories - 5 separate stories that are loosely linked.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Jojo! You are officially my hero! That's exactly it. Thank you so much.

message 6: by SparksofEmber (last edited Dec 03, 2013 02:11PM) (new)

SparksofEmber | 946 comments FYI, the kindle version is free right now! http://amzn.com/B0056VBOCQ