English Mysteries Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1663 comments Jean-Luke wrote: "Book of the Month nominations for January 2014? I'm nominating Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey."

I'm always ready to read Tey, and Brat Farrar is one of the best!

message 2: by Poornima (new)

Poornima | 46 comments Would like to nominate Twelve Drummers Drumming

This is first of the series of the Father Christmas mysteries and set in England.

message 3: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Marks | 38 comments I love Brat Farrar.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Hi guys,
I'm kind of new here. I saw an excellent Brat Farrar on Mystery Theater on TV years ago. It would be great to finally read it.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 606 comments I'd like to nominate The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie byAlan Bradley. I just read the new one due out in 1/14 and it was delightful.

message 6: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Marks | 38 comments Diane, I looked and sadly that TV version of Brat is not available on DVD :(

Jeff

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane Jeffrey wrote: "Diane, I looked and sadly that TV version of Brat is not available on DVD :(

Bummer. It was part of a BBC series of mysteries. I am a tremendous fan of BBC dramas, at least of the ones shown here in the US.

message 8: by Lesley (new)

Lesley Diane wrote: "Jeffrey wrote: "Diane, I looked and sadly that TV version of Brat is not available on DVD :(

Bummer. It was part of a BBC series of mysteries. I am a tremendous fan of BBC dramas, at least of the ..."

You can watch it in episodes online here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqa5...

message 9: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Marks | 38 comments Thanks!

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane Yes, thanks. Great.

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 92 comments Do you mean January 2014? :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.