Blogger Lift discussion

Help: Blogging 101 > Help please

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) I've personally read a lot of books that I've had to review that I honestly hated. I suffered through it. Its quite possible I'm a masochist (lol) but I kept through it. I was just honest in my review pointing out anything positive I found but making it clear that it wasn't the book for me.

If its really so bad that you feel like its tortuous to your brain. I'd send the author an email explaining why you felt like you couldn't continue or read the book. Hope that helps!

message 2: by Louisa (new)

Louisa I've never been in this situation, but if it were me I would e-mail the author and say something along the lines of:
"Sorry but I don't think this book is really to my taste I can stop now and not review it, give an honest review of what I have read or struggle through it and give it a full review. Although bare in mind if you would like me to review it it will be an honest and possible negative review. I understand that putting up a negative review wouldn't be in your interests and this might be to the taste of others, but its up to you"
That way it's there choice and they can't really be annoyed with what you do. If they did want to to review it you could always send it to the author privately first and make sure they are okay with you putting it up as well.

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) Sure :)

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Long (mplong) That is a tough one.. I only had one book I couldn't push through and I emailed the author to appologize, and I also reviewed it stating it wasn't a book for me, etc. I think it is a disservice to other readers to not put up a review stating how you felt, because there may be other readers just like you who would like to know what they are getting into

message 5: by Shirley (last edited Jan 26, 2014 03:11PM) (new)

Shirley (aislandshirleytemple) | 4 comments T'lonie wrote: "I was just wondering how do you make a collage of book titles for a header or a background?? I don't know if I should use photobucket or another photo editing site"

Have you tried Picmonkey? I use it to do my collages and stuff. You can also resize things on there too.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (elp2012) I was in this situation this week. I forced myself to finish the book, because it had mostly good reviews. I gave it an honest review on Goodreads and my blog. I feel like I have a clear review policy on my blog which states that my reviews will be honest (positive or negative) and that I sepnt my time reading it, so I felt like I had the right to post the review. That being said I would never be mean/hurtful in a review.

The author reacted well.