YA Storytellers Book Club discussion

Q&A with Authors > Of Sun and Moon

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasi (new)

Kasi Blake (kcblake) | 66 comments Mod
For December, we are reading Of Sun and Moon by Bryna Butler.

Summary: Teens are disappearing in a small river town in southern Ohio as Keira Ryan begins her freshman year. Kidnappings aside, her worries mount as she crushes on an older guy, her best friend starts dating a spoiled cheerleader, and the parents that abandoned her at birth arrive at her doorstep. And, oh yeah, she’s a tooth fairy destined to kick some butt and bring about the end of a royal line of vicious, blood-sucking tyrants.

Over the years, humans have pieced together sightings and assumptions to create the myth of the tooth fairy. As it turns out, they were pretty much wrong.

Get it for FREE at Smashwords.
Link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...
Code: HG97V

It is .99 cents everywhere else.

message 2: by Kasi (new)

QUICK PICKS:

Favorite Authors: Charlaine Harris & Rachel Caine

Book reading now: Opal by Jennifer Armentrout

Favorite Shows: Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who, Supernatural

Book can't wait for: Book of the Lost coming Nov. 30

Movie watched over and over again: Pitch Perfect

Movie looking forward to: Divergent

Favorite Line(s): "I wondered if I could get a witch to cast a truth spell on Debbie Pelt, whom I despised because she had been cruel to Alcide, insulted me grievously, burned a hole in my favorite wrap and-oh-tried to kill me by proxy. Also, she had stupid hair." -- Sookie Stackhouse, Dead to the World

message 3: by Bryna (last edited Nov 26, 2013 04:29PM) (new)

Bryna Butler (Brynabutler) | 17 comments Mod
Post questions as you read, and I'll answer as I receive them. I'm a total twitter geek, so I thought we'd also try out a Live Q&A on Monday, December 23rd, from 2:00-3:00 pm eastern, just mark your tweets with hashtag #YAluv to participate.

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Rourke | 2 comments Where did you get your inspiration for this book?

message 5: by Bryna (new)

Stacey wrote: "Where did you get your inspiration for this book?"

Of Sun & Moon was inspired by my desire to write about a heroine who was strong and smart, yet still made bad decisions and felt the full weight of the consequences. I wanted to create a character that could be a role model, not by being perfect, but by being human.

message 6: by L.M. (new)

L.M. Preston (lmpreston) | 18 comments How do you stop yourself from getting creeped out while writing a scary scene?

message 7: by Bryna (new)

L.M. wrote: "How do you stop yourself from getting creeped out while writing a scary scene?"

I don't. :) If I'm creeped out, I know I did it right.

message 8: by Kasi (new)

What writers did you love while growing up?

message 9: by Bryna (new)

K.C. wrote: "What writers did you love while growing up?"

I was a chronic skimmer growing up. I despised reading. I dragged myself through what I had to do for school and couldn't comprehend ever doing it for fun. I didn't fall in love with reading until I was on maternity leave with my first child and found myself needing something quiet to do so I wouldn't wake the baby. My mother recommended a children's book (of all things) about an orphan who finds out he's a wizard. Yes, it's the one you think it is. I've been living happily ever after with books since.

message 10: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (flghtlss) Why did you decide to write YA books as opposed to other genres?

message 11: by Kasi (new)

What makes your book different from others out there?

message 12: by Bryna (new)

K.C. wrote: "What makes your book different from others out there?"
This book is about a different kind of paranormal that's never been written about much before. I wanted to explore the myth of the tooth fairy and turn it on its ear.

message 13: by Bryna (new)

Wanda wrote: "Why did you decide to write YA books as opposed to other genres?"

YA seemed a natural fit for this particular story. I enjoy reading as well as writing YA.